Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

in any case thank you for answering our questions for taking time for us Mathijs I learned so many new things about simulation by being on this forum

• Upvote 2

So will this initial Release Candidate be the default vanilla A333 with 233t MTOW or the later A330 Enhanced with 242t MTOW and the CTR tank active?

• Deputy Sheriffs
43 minutes ago, VP-BLX said:

So will this initial Release Candidate be the default vanilla A333 with 233t MTOW or the later A330 Enhanced with 242t MTOW and the CTR tank active?

Plese see the answer to the third question in the Q&A posted at the top of every page in this thread.

• Upvote 2

@Mathijs Kok in one of the pictures you shared lately I spotted the traffic selector knob next to the PFD. Will this be functional while being connected to VATSIM or similar platforms? If not - is it a limitation of the sim or the data provided by said platforms? 
I’d love to see this being implemented since from my experience it can be definitely considered as used frequently in normal operations by pilots.

Many thanks in advance!

• Upvote 1

I have been looking over the forums if anyone asked this question, and I haven't seen anyone ask it yet so here it goes,
@Mathijs Kok, you said the a330 was intended to represent the daily pilot use of the aircraft, does this mean that the wipers on the aircraft will be functional?
While I understand that there is a limitation of the Asobo engine, other add-on creators have mimicked the effect of the wipers on the windscreen.
Does this mean that a330 will be similar in that aspect or not?
Thanks for your contribution to the project!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TRG_Instinctz said:

I have been looking over the forums if anyone asked this question, and I haven't seen anyone ask it yet so here it goes,
@Mathijs Kok, you said the a330 was intended to represent the daily pilot use of the aircraft, does this mean that the wipers on the aircraft will be functional?
While I understand that there is a limitation of the Asobo engine, other add-on creators have mimicked the effect of the wipers on the windscreen.

Mathijs posted some images of functional wipers some pages back, so yes.

Will a jammed GPS signal be something we can experience? And don't say it doesn't happen often. Just had it several times in the past months over Turkey, Norway and South Korea.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs. Firstly, thank you to you and your team for working on this project - one that I'm really looking forward to. The recent updates on the product are great. I have been following the updates sporadically and was wondering if I could reach out to you to be of help in any way at all as I am an A330 (Trent 700) pilot myself. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, you are expected to push all the buttons the real pilot does for a standard flight... We just do not simulate things that are extremely rare.

For example a dual-engine failure. Ours will not behave as the real one in regard to messages on the displays. But it simply has never happened as far as everybody knows.  Same as an APU fire, never happened.  Not in the hundreds of thousands of hours the A330 flew.  

If you are looking for a simulation that simulates the simulators pilots train on, this is not what you want. 

I prefer to see an aircraft that simulates the correct procedures correctly for day to day operation then an aircraft with advanced failures, so I appreciate the priorities set forward by Aerosoft. 

But regarding the statement that a dual engine failure has never happened on the A330, well the crew and passengers on Air Transat 236 who glided for almost 20 minutes disagrees 😃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Cpt.Ronin said:

ut regarding the statement that a dual engine failure has never happened on the A330, well the crew and passengers on Air Transat 236 who glided for almost 20 minutes disagrees

Not taking enough fuel with you on a trip does not constitute an engine failure... ;)

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Aerologic said:

Will a jammed GPS signal be something we can experience? And don't say it doesn't happen often. Just had it several times in the past months over Turkey, Norway and South Korea.

MSFS does not model GPS jamming/spoofing.

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, a lot of very fine posts today, thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to see somebody taking some time to write. A lost art it seems these days. Your question is not bold and an honest answer is easy.

I simply have no idea what a 'study level' aircraft is. Honestly.  No idea. I see it used a lot by marketing departments and YouTubers but I never see a real pilot calling any DLC 'study level'.  If it means an airline pilot can train on it it is nonsense. These folks train on sims that are certified to behave correctly. And over a beer, they will gladly admit multimillions sims leave a lot to be desired when you stack problem on a problem.  

So no, I would never call anything we do 'study level'. Not even if we would spend another 3 years on the A330. 

Besides.... an A330 is flown by two persons who are superbly trained, sober, rested, certified, and get recertified every few months.  It is a very very serious job.  Our average customer loves aircraft, has downloaded all the manuals he can find, watched all YT vids, and is likely to have a beer next to the keyboard.  The two-person thing is probably the most important.  There is no airline pilot who will take-off if the seat next to him is empty. It's illegal. Not because he would not be able to fly the airliner on his own, but because he knows that when there is even a minor issue, he will need two more eyes, two more hands, and one more brain. Simulating non-standard events in a single cockpit environment is asking for a superhuman pilot. 

What we (as in the Aerosoft internal aircraft team) try to deliver is the experience of an airline pilot on his day-to-day job.  That is why we might feel the correct procedure to open the flight deck door is way more important than knowing what to do when you see N1 spiking.  See, you will want to have coffee on every single flight, and N1 spiking is something you might see once in your entire career.  And again, I am pretty sure the average simmer will have no idea what to do when it happens. 

We simulate the job of the pilot, not the aircraft. The aircraft is the tool. If you are looking for a simulation of the simulators real pilots train on, skip this one.

Drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com when we release it, and you get a free copy.

--------------------

I asked our advisory pilots just now if my post was okay and after a lot of nonsense (pilots, duh...) they think this post is more or less okay but I need to stress CRM (Crew Resource Management) more. Flying an airliner is a two-man job.  A massive amount of the training is not about flying the aircraft but about working as a team.

@Mathijs Kok, thanks for the perfect answer! I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time in this beauty. Your answer told me everything I need to know. This will be an immersive and realistic experience for simulating a typical flight.

I was already likely to buy; now I'm salivating just waiting for the day it comes out and any prior sneak peeks...LOL. Couldn't have imagined a free copy when I asked my question. I'm happy to contribute to such a dedicated team of developers and staff, but I guess I'll do that by purchasing other products from you. Will be day one on ENGM and Gulf of Mexico. I think I'll go buy North Sea right now just as a thank you.

You guys are simply amazing and it's great having dialogue with developers and producers who are also enthusiasts. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Not taking enough fuel with you on a trip does not constitute an engine failure... ;)

Oh they had sufficient fuel ;) different airline, different fuel starvation issue. Transat had a fuel leak. But you already knew that :D 

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
On 4/12/2023 at 11:43 PM, Pilotefr said:

in any case thank you for answering our questions for taking time for us Mathijs I learned so many new things about simulation by being on this forum

You are welcome. We all share the love for this hobby.

• Like 4

• Aerosoft
On 4/13/2023 at 12:47 PM, TRG_Instinctz said:

Yes, but within the limits of the simulator. We can't remove the raindrops but we can make them next to invisible.

• Like 4

• Aerosoft
22 hours ago, Cpt.Ronin said:

I prefer to see an aircraft that simulates the correct procedures correctly for day to day operation then an aircraft with advanced failures, so I appreciate the priorities set forward by Aerosoft. 

But regarding the statement that a dual engine failure has never happened on the A330, well the crew and passengers on Air Transat 236 who glided for almost 20 minutes disagrees 😃

I stand corrected!

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
On 4/13/2023 at 4:32 PM, BlackLiverieZ said:

@Mathijs Kok

First of all super interview!

I think it's great to get an insight outside of pictures and forum entries. 

Is it still possible to get a place as a beta tester ? Or do you have no chance as a "normal" user ?

At this moment we have 12 professionals and 24 simmers. When we need more we'll ask here.

• Like 6

• Aerosoft
On 4/13/2023 at 4:11 PM, Aerologic said:

Impressive images, pretty sure your airline would not like to see those online, your secret is safe with us.

But the answer is no. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
On 4/13/2023 at 6:41 AM, TimJB said:

@Mathijs Kok in one of the pictures you shared lately I spotted the traffic selector knob next to the PFD. Will this be functional while being connected to VATSIM or similar platforms?

Not planned on release, but I will discuss it with the devs.

• Thanks 1

I use the default atc of msfs. I also often use the ai radio communication option in the assistance menu. I recently bought a fenix, but it was inconvenient because I couldn't use this function on fenix. Does the a330 support this?

I don't live in an English-speaking country and I used a translator, so the sentences may be awkward.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, sparrow0610 said:

I use the default atc of msfs. I also often use the ai radio communication option in the assistance menu. I recently bought a fenix, but it was inconvenient because I couldn't use this function on fenix. Does the a330 support this?

I do believe this will work fine.

• Like 2