Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
On 3/31/2023 at 10:44 PM, mholden020 said:

Also those PMDG planes are still missing EFBs right?...

While that discussion stops with this... I like to comment. 

PMDG ran into issues, duh...and in this case, a lot of shit happened.  I know a little bit of the background and can only say I would have taken exactly the same decisions. Managing these kinds of projects is not math, you have to predict the future.  What I do know is that they will deliver and they will aim to beat our A330 EFB. 

Game on.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Rorza Rules said:

Will the a330 include different engines options or different variants like the a330-200

Which variant is being produced?

The A330-343 with Trent 772B-60 engines. Our model does not contain center tanks. You can find more information here.

• Aerosoft
On 3/31/2023 at 12:27 AM, Blxck Jxack said:

no hate or anything but I don't understand why Aerosoft always takes so long for everything, pmdg has now managed to release 4 different variants of the 737 and we're all still waiting for an A330-343, especially since it was said to be 90% ready, soon half a year already...

Yes, I will take that comment on the chin.

There are many differences between  Airbusses and Boeings. But the overwhelming difference is that a 737 is very much a 50-year-old aircraft that is equipped with more modern systems (see the Max issue), while the Airbus A320/A330 aircraft are of a newer generation where the pilot works with the systems but does not always have the full control unless he disables things. The Airbusses have far more integrated systems. That means that if you do an Airbus you have to create a lot more code. And a lot more code that needs to talk to each other.  That is why we have a solid A320 in MSFS that is based on code that runs outside the sim and none that works inside the sim.  It's complex.

The good thing is that if you follow Airbus' thinking, making an A321 from an A330 is easy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
19 minutes ago, Daniel Regueira Filgueiras said:

Which variant is being produced?

The A330-343 with Trent 772B-60 engines. Our model does not contain center tanks. You can find more information here.

You search the topic and you will find all your answers.

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You search the topic and you will find all your answers.

I was telling him what engine it was, it was a copy and paste of the frequently asked questions that you have published the other. I was telling him what engine it was, it was a copy and paste of the frequently asked questions you posted the other day. 😅😊

• Upvote 1

I have a question pmdg is announcing that they will be releasing their 737 version on xbox at the end of April. Doesn't that put any pressure on you to release yours as soon as possible? Or is it a totally different walk? Thanks

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pilotefr said:

I have a question pmdg is announcing that they will be releasing their 737 version on xbox at the end of April. Doesn't that put any pressure on you to release yours as soon as possible? Or is it a totally different walk? Thanks

I wouldn’t imagine so, considering Aerosoft doesn’t seem to view PMDG as a competitor, at least not enough to get them to bring their aircraft first. Not working for Aerosoft, though, so I would let Mathijs answer this.

Good day,
Really looking forward to the A330, it seems like the visuals are almost done, but how is the progress in terms of systems like MCDU?

• Like 2

I don't want to disturb in the middle of work but I think everyone will agree with me if we can have a very brief video of the sounds or anything else that would be really great thank you very much

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 22 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Is this possible to change as GSX currently has pax go to 1L.

Please read my following comment very carful again:

Remember MSFS can currently handle only one jetway. To which door the jetway will be connected is defined in the plane settings. For the Aerosoft A330 this is the door 2L according to RL when only one jetway at a gate is available and GSX uses the same MSFS function to connect a jetway. This only works in MSFS and with GSX if the plane has stopped at the right position. If the AFCAD file is not correct ,the jetway will try to connect to 1L or fails to move at all. But in GSX you have the opportunity to modify the stop-position so that always the jetway will always be connected to door 2L.

GSX connects according to the plane settings and this is the 2L door, but only ,if the stop position ir correctly defined in the AFCAD file of the airport/gate. Otherwise it will connect to the 1L door or even not move at all. But if you are using GSX you can define the stop position for GSX youself (for the plane and the gate) and then GSX will connect also to the 2L door. 

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, Managed said:

Heard that the A330 was aiming for a Sim Update 12 release, can anyone back up this claim?

Simply uninformed (and useless) speculation or rumor. This thread is the first place you'll see authentic release info. So, if it's not a post from Mathijs, it's not reliable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

• Aerosoft
On 4/2/2023 at 7:52 PM, Pilotefr said:

Basically, it is the same. But we are still very depending on Microsoft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, Jonas K said:

Good day,
Really looking forward to the A330, it seems like the visuals are almost done, but how is the progress in terms of systems like MCDU?

That is what most work is aimed at right now.  As the project manager, I would always like to see things going faster, but I am not desperate, lol.

• Like 4

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Pilotefr said:

I don't want to disturb in the middle of work but I think everyone will agree with me if we can have a very brief video of the sounds or anything else that would be really great thank you very much

Just half an hour ago we found the issue that caused issues with this. Super weird issue. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just half an hour ago we found the issue that caused issues with this. Super weird issue. 

I did not understand the answer lol

Il y a 19 minutes, Mathijs Kok a dit :

Fondamentalement, c'est la même chose. Mais nous dépendons toujours beaucoup de Microsoft.

thank you for the answer, I hope microsoft will make things easier

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

I did not understand the answer lol

Well, the issue that was found are certain users disturbing in the middle of the work, asking questions about progress. Did you get it now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No idea where you heard that, but it is nonsense. Sim Updates are no major factor in this release.

Thank you for clarifying, I wanted to know straight from the source.

Hi everyone,

today when flying some of those long hauler freeware mods - I hope I can get rid of them when the A330 comes out - i noticed something weired:

It's weight and balance model is so off, that when flying at the exact same FL (e.g. FL350) for 10 Hours the fuel flow always remains the same at a constant speed. 70 Tons of fuel less and massively reduced gross weight does not affect fuel burn at all. Thats atrocious.

Please some one from Aerosoft's devs tell me that this will not be the case with the A330 bc it simulates the effect of Gross weight properly.^^ 

Thank you.