Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

This could also have been answered already but will it have announcements like the FBW (and previous versions)? Even cooler if they are easy to replace.

I know some say "but Pilots never hear anything". True but they dont get closeups on wingflex either so it is about gameplay and nothing else :). And also. The actual Pilot announcement is done by the Pilot so obviously they would hear that, unless they were deaf.

• Upvote 2

Hey!

I just did some rotation on the CRJ, I totally forget how cool this aircraft is. The immersion is awesome. Can we expect the same level for the A330?

I have a question tho, I like the fly with a copilot, it exist for the PMDG 737 on flightsim.to. I know the JF146 has one from stock as well as Salty 747. Is there by any chance a possibillity to let that door open. It gives a good feeling of the size of the flightdeck for those flying in 2D.

Also, is it possible to have a slightly dirty windsheild? I found one on this forum for the CRJ and it gives a really nice touch of immersion, specially coupled with the working wipers (the result in the FNX320 is stuning)

Thank you for your work!

4 hours ago, Rémy737 said:

I have a question tho, I like the fly with a copilot, it exist for the PMDG 737 on flightsim.to. I know the JF146 has one from stock as well as Salty 747. Is there by any chance a possibillity to let that door open. It gives a good feeling of the size of the flightdeck for those flying in 2D.

When I flew the Salty, I called my co-pilot Filipe. If this becomes a feature in the A330, I’m excited to fly with him again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/28/2023 at 2:22 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We sure can do that.

Here are two random images I just found on our tester discord

Please login to display this image.

Very detailed icing model!

Pylons and chocks now added to the model.

Can't wait to get this with an AAL (American Airlines) Livery

On 3/3/2023 at 7:49 AM, D O said:

the a310 is ok but the range is not adequate. and it is an airplane out of another era with 0,78M cruise speed like an A320. nice but not for long hauls. and the 787. well i am flying the 787-8 right now with the HD mod. but it is not much better than the captain "scam" 777 when it comes to functions and it is full of bugs^^..... no. we just need the first real usable longhauler very soon. Hope Aerosoft does give us a release date or at least does a showcase viedo on youtube.

Huh the plane has adequate range (flown 12 hours in it) and you can fly it at .80M+ just put 70+ in the CI. You don't know anything about the plane.

• Upvote 3

On 3/2/2023 at 9:49 PM, D O said:

the a310 is ok but the range is not adequate. and it is an airplane out of another era with 0,78M cruise speed like an A320. nice but not for long hauls.

This is your opinion. The A310 is an amazing aircraft and i already had the pleasure of flying 5500nm with it (albeit without many passengers because of its 144T MTOW). It is a solid long-hauler and will happily fly .84MACH, not that it makes a REAL difference or that i personally care about it.

Remember that there are a lot of people with a lot of tastes in the flight simulation world and while some love to fly current airliners with their boring (to me) real-world routes, other people like to take 707s to where they never been before. How many have landed in Pyongyang or maybe Qamdo Bamda?

Try to keep an open mind, helps you live better too.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

When I flew the Salty, I called my co-pilot Filipe. If this becomes a feature in the A330, I’m excited to fly with him again.

I didnt know about the copilot. Thanx for the tip.

I loved the one in P3d 330 so yes. But the mighty Kok has said they have a solution on the way so I trust them.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
On 3/1/2023 at 9:37 PM, Patrick Helzer said:

Microsoft is just the publisher. Asobo is the developer based in Bordeaux, France not far from Toulouse.

Legally correct, but there are many ways a contract like that could be constructed. For example, as we do with many projects where the developer is basically fully in control and we just release what they deliver. In other projects, the work might be done by an external contractor but the control is with the publisher. I dare say that the final control of MSFS is with Jorg Neumann in Seatle and not with the very talented people at Asobo. 

Bordeaux is not close to Toulouse btw.  It's 240 km. Nice drive though! 

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 3/2/2023 at 9:58 PM, lindbergh72 said:

It takes forever and ever 😞 We really need a long haul plane to MSFS. 

Yes, I could not agree more. And it is taking longer than expected and planned.  Blame me as project manager, everybody does.

As we have seen time and time, the issue is that an Airbus is a single 'concept' while a CRJ and a 737 are constructed from a series of proven concepts linked together. While over time the concepts grew together, there are still major differences, biggest of all of course the fact that in a B737 the pilot flies the aircraft, and in an A320 the computer flies the aircraft.  This is a massive simplification, but time and time we see this being the core philosophy of the companies. Doing an Airbus correctly is hard.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
On 3/2/2023 at 10:40 PM, D O said:

It takes so long that in this case I would prefer to be a beta tester. as long I can do flights with a propper plane for more than 7 hours.....I do not care about minor bugs

I am not a fan of 'early access'. It is mainly a thing for dev teams who simply need more money to complete their (single) development and that does not apply to Aerosoft. 

Beta testing however is not flying 7 hours. It is doing the same take-off and climbing to 10.000 thirty times with different weights and in different weather. Thirthy times.  And then again after we made tweaks. And again after we said the tweaks were rubbish.

That is why 80% of beta testers are kicked out after a few weeks.  That is why it is so IN-CRE-DI-BLY hard to find good testers you do not have to pay. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
On 3/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, Transair27 said:

and engine movement?

Do you mean the downward twisting of the engines at high power settings?

No, we did look at it but first of all, we could not find any solid data on it and secondly, it is something that is very hard to see. Unlike on an older B747 where it was very noticeable. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Beta testing however is not flying 7 hours. It is doing the same take-off and climbing to 10.000 thirty times with different weights and in different weather. Thirthy times.  And then again after we made tweaks. And again after we said the tweaks were rubbish.

Absolutely agree with you, I know what about I’m speaking and that’s why I will ready to help

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
On 3/3/2023 at 12:24 AM, David Plihal said:

You mess things around... PMDG is far behind FENIX in terms of realism

My solid moderators hid this message, for good reasons (it is not on topic). But I like to comment on it as there are a lot of people who do not understand.

See, Fenix bought the rights to (slightly outdated) A320 simulation code and made the connection software to link that to MSFS. With great success, it is a fine product. I do not think it is in any serious way more 'real' compared to what PMDG does. Not only because that is not something easy to measure, but more importantly, what does it matter? There is no A320/737 pilot. There is an A320/737 flight deck crew, consisting of two people. Highly trained, rested, tested, and certified. It is a highly coveted job, aspired by many, and achieved by few.

I am proud to say that six persons who worked for me in some capacity are at this moment flying airliners. All of them are still assisting us, but if there is anything I learned from them is that the sims we use and the DLC we love are in no way serious training tools. If only because the most important tool an airline pilot has is the person in the seat next to him. 

If you REALLY want to learn to fly an airliner, go to your local airport and get an introduction flight with a real instructor. I promise you, on that single flight, you will learn more than from those hundreds of POMs you downloaded from the internet. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I am sorry for not being able to reply to all messages at this moment.  I am getting some maintenance done on my aging body that restricts my screen time.  If you do not see your question answered, do be so kind as to post it again in a few days, as you know we do try to answer every one of them. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you REALLY want to learn to fly an airliner, go to your local airport and get an introduction flight with a real instructor. I promise you, on that single flight, you will learn more than from those hundreds of POMs you downloaded from the internet. 

But do actually they will let me go for an introduction flight. I see most of the airports are so restricted even some airports don't allow you to enter if you don't have a flight. 

Would be happy to support you with this. Happy to email if it makes it easier.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am not a fan of 'early access'. It is mainly a thing for dev teams who simply need more money to complete their (single) development and that does not apply to Aerosoft. 

That is why 80% of beta testers are kicked out after a few weeks.  That is why it is so IN-CRE-DI-BLY hard to find good testers you do not have to pay. 

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, ahmed2003 said:

But do actually they will let me go for an introduction flight. I see most of the airports are so restricted even some airports don't allow you to enter if you don't have a flight. 

Just to close this off-topic branch; but yes. Anyone can go to a flightschool and buy themselves a flight in an GA aircraft with an Instructor.

And if you took Mathijs’s mention of learning to fly an airliner as actually being in an airliner then there are many opportunities to also buy you some time in an airliner Simulator with an instructor. 

• Like 3

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

My solid moderators hid this message, for good reasons (it is not on topic). But I like to comment on it as there are a lot of people who do not understand.

See, Fenix bought the rights to (slightly outdated) A320 simulation code and made the connection software to link that to MSFS. With great success, it is a fine product. I do not think it is in any serious way more 'real' compared to what PMDG does. Not only because that is not something easy to measure, but more importantly, what does it matter? There is no A320/737 pilot. There is an A320/737 flight deck crew, consisting of two people. Highly trained, rested, tested, and certified. It is a highly coveted job, aspired by many, and achieved by few.

I am proud to say that six persons who worked for me in some capacity are at this moment flying airliners. All of them are still assisting us, but if there is anything I learned from them is that the sims we use and the DLC we love are in no way serious training tools. If only because the most important tool an airline pilot has is the person in the seat next to him. 

This is why I only fly with yourcontrols and I am lucky to have two friends who are real airline pilots (747, 320).

this is also why yourcontrols support for the 330 is my main deciding factor for a purchase. Fenix is working fine btw with yc in the meantime

Very curious...

I know Microsoft/ASOBO have no news or updates to include an option for developers to incorporate a weather radar to their airplanes yet.
Does Aerosoft, that is in close contact with ASOBO putting some pressure to remind the MSFS team that nice detailed aircraft like the CRJ and the A330 realy need a nice radar system ?
If Aerosoft, PMDG, Fenix and the rest would put some pressure on them I bet they can open something for the developers.

What is Aerosoft doing about that ?