We have at this moment problems with e-mails coming to us via Microsoft servers (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc). We are in contact with Microsoft to solve this issue.

Jump to content
Mathijs Kok

>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

Recommended Posts

On news about features like multi-monitor, VR etc you will have to wait until there is an announcement from Microsoft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we know what Airports will be included I see some great opportunities for AS here. ENGM seems to me like a good first

Airport to go for :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

It contains a guide to the best installation (where to put what etc), short introduction for new pilots, information about all aircraft. More for beginners then experienced users.

As far as I know boxed owners will not have access to the full download, but of course full access to all the online content, all automatic updates etc. 

 

Hi Mathijs

 

Can you confirm if you have either version if you have a choice of where to install the program files to? I thought that as it was a Microsoft Store product that it just went into a default folder?

 

Many thanks

 

Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'sim' part has indeed a fixed location as any MS Store product (that said you can move it afterwards, pretty clever stuff, Windows Store Apps got a undeserved bad reputation, the system is very solid these days, easily as good as Steam for example). The 'content' can be installed somewhere else to your choice. I run it from my home server actually where all my P3D aircraft and scenery is stored. With 10Gb networking and cheap SSD storage that is nearly as fast as storing it on my own SSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Now that we know what Airports will be included I see some great opportunities for AS here. ENGM seems to me like a good first

Airport to go for :)

 

Add-on airports are interesting for sure. We have all seen the high def airport in images and videos by now.  They are clearly rather good (I would say as good as top end stuff 4 years back) and this puts the bar pretty high for add-on developers. But that's what so exciting right now. We will have 3 seriously good sims soon. All have their own strengths and issues. But as we said always, we love all serious sims! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Add-on airports are interesting for sure. We have all seen the high def airport in images and videos by now.  They are clearly rather good (I would say as good as top end stuff 4 years back) and this puts the bar pretty high for add-on developers. But that's what so exciting right now. We will have 3 seriously good sims soon. All have their own strengths and issues. But as we said always, we love all serious sims! 

 

Yes but you have Jo so you have the advantage here :). I know they also include Frankfurt but I wonder if they can beat your masterpiece.

 

I hope there are much more to come from AS in any case.

 

Another plus. Now you start from a higher base as well. Take Reunion for instance, always fun to begin with something good already then perfect it :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello Mr. Kok
Can I program the SID and Stars in the MS flight simulator in the FMC of the aircraft and where do I get the current AIRAC cycle
Ekkehard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are still under NDA but I am pretty sure that was revealed in the IFR video. So answer is yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Add-on airports are interesting for sure. We have all seen the high def airport in images and videos by now.  They are clearly rather good (I would say as good as top end stuff 4 years back) and this puts the bar pretty high for add-on developers. But that's what so exciting right now. We will have 3 seriously good sims soon. All have their own strengths and issues. But as we said always, we love all serious sims! 

 

Thank you! Good to know!

 

Edit to say that I've ordered the Premium Deluxe ver from you guys. Could've got a Microsoft Store digital download only but like to support my favourite shop!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mathis, 

 

Thank you for this awesome news. As others asked, I would like to get confirmation if the  code included in the box will entitle us to own the fully digital download as well, e.g: in case I misplaced the DVDs, you can just download the full content from MS Store. If that is the case, I would definitely pre-order it, although my internet speed like 100mb but is very unstable, one day I get full speed and other day I get 20% of the speed. 

 

Regards, Omar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

i have two little questions :

 

- Does box include a serial key ?

- Do you know if the game will be available in multi language like French ? MS does not tell that :(

 

Thanks you very much !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Mathijs,

As many new PC build do not have any CD-ROM, are you planning on offering a USB version of MSFS ? (even if I understand the price would be higher due to the price of the hardware)...

Thanks,

Greg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gonçalo Carvalho said:

Hi @Mathijs Kok

Do Aerosoft plan to develop or publish add-ons such as sceneries and aircraft for XBOX version?

 

 

Yep, in fact we believe that will be a major market. Not for the complex airliners, but if you see how fine the sim works with a standard Xbox controller we have good hopes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pao13 said:

Hello Mathijs,

As many new PC build do not have any CD-ROM, are you planning on offering a USB version of MSFS ? (even if I understand the price would be higher due to the price of the hardware)...

Thanks,

Greg

 

No, these would be seriously more expensive. What we will do is offer a cheapo DVD (USB3) on the shop we have good experiences with. I got one, under $20 and it works brilliantly.  I see where your question comes from, but in the case double layer DVDs simply offer whopping lot of storage for low cost. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friends, if some questions here are not answered it is either because we can't reply or we don't know the answer. As you will understand, Microsoft has a large say in these matters. Some information has to come from them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

No, these would be seriously more expensive. What we will do is offer a cheapo DVD (USB3) on the shop we have good experiences with. I got one, under $20 and it works brilliantly.  I see where your question comes from, but in the case double layer DVDs simply offer whopping lot of storage for low cost. 

Wow ! Didn't thinks of the USB3 DVD... good idea 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Antisoleil said:

- Does box include a serial key ?

- Do you know if the game will be available in multi language like French ? MS does not tell that :(

 

Yes and yes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this type of installation (DVD) still require the setup of XBOX Live stuff or is it a seamless install just like FS9 FSX and P3D are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have ordered the boxed Premium deLux version from Aerosoft- what is the upside/downside with that compared with the online version from Microsoft if any? It was mentioned in the beginning of this thread but a closer explanation would be great?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Yes and yes!

Thanks again, Mathijs, this is one of the questions floating around fora and requiring a clear answer.

 

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JarredP said:

Does this type of installation (DVD) still require the setup of XBOX Live stuff or is it a seamless install just like FS9 FSX and P3D are?

 

The DVD installer will guide you through that, but it will include an account on XBOX.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Akki said:

I have ordered the boxed Premium deLux version from Aerosoft- what is the upside/downside with that compared with the online version from Microsoft if any? It was mentioned in the beginning of this thread but a closer explanation would be great?

 

The software is the same, you just save downloading 10 double layer DVD in data (and you get a nice manual!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

The software is the same, you just save downloading 10 double layer DVD in data (and you get a nice manual!)

Thank you Mathjis, clear answer. I will proceed with the ordering.

 

Åke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just preordered the Premium Deluxe, too. Good initiative from Aerosoft.

 

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...