Jump to content
Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus future plans

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to find out when will the next update be released for A-330 and what will be fixed/tweaked?

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Love_Aviation said:

Is there a way to find out when will the next update be released for A-330 and what will be fixed/tweaked?

 

Thank you

 

Hang in there my friend, the update shouldn't be that far off.  We'll publish a change log along side the update.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, marcusjm said:

On the bright side. I will need a new PC to fly MSFS2020 so that will benefit my P3d install as well :). Win/Win.

Same here :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 1:35 PM, marcusjm said:

I expect to fly P3d long after I bought MSFS2020 so hopefully they support that one too. For one, there will be at least 2 years before all my fave airports are converted. Not to mention all Q400/AS/PMDG/QW stuff. FS2Crew is a must too nowadays :).

 

If history is a guide here, things can move very fast. We had many many customers say that the move from 32 bits to 64 bits with all it's incompatibilities would be problematic and that they would stick with the old 32 bit version. But the moment the first 64 bit aircraft were available P3d V3 commercially dies in a matter of a few weeks.

 

As always, the amount of users of a sim is not really important for a company like us, what counts is the amount of customers willing to buy add-ons for that sim. And the simple fact is people do not buy add-ons for a sim that is outdated. They normally stick with what they have and are happy. 

20 hours ago, Love_Aviation said:

Is there a way to find out when will the next update be released for A-330 and what will be fixed/tweaked?

 

 

 I surely hope it will be this week, as it is really delayed.

 

The main feature added is full Navigraph support in the EFB, other the  that it will be a lot of tweaks regarding GSX2, checklists etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True but I was thinking of Airports as well. I refuse to fly on default Airports. I hope you have upgrade pricing on all your current ones :).

 

Also. I want ATC that works for solo play and if there isn't anything like Pro ATX out of the box then I will be flying P3d until it materializes. Same with FS2Crew functionality. They have

come to be my must haves. Also AI traffic, realistic.

 

The built in weather system looks good enough to not be needing AS at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen the images of default airports? I would be glad to use these and see what scenery developers can come up to make it even better.

3547400-screenshot%202019-06-12%2018.16.

This is a DEFAULT airport, that's the standard we are now looking at. 

 

Want to see how P3D default at max settings in the same location looks?

image.png

Urghhhhh...

 

And if AI traffic is indeed as Microsoft said and exact replica of what is happening at the same time at the real airport, don't you think that is many times better than what we now use? ATC has not been shown yet but I got the feeling it could be very good because I happen to know who are working on it. That is some very serious development. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And if AI traffic is indeed as Microsoft said and exact replica of what is happening at the same time at the real airport, don't you think that is many times better than what we now use? ATC has not been shown yet but I got the feeling it could be very good because I happen to know who are working on it. That is some very serious development. 

 

If it's a replica or real traffic, does that mean you'll never ever find a spot in LHR during the peak hours? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly better Mathjis :). But not FlyTampa or Aerosoft quality yet. Unfortunatelly I have not managed to get into the beta but if they get the Swedish  

My problem was that I ever installed something from Flightbeam/AS/FT. Made it impossible to fly on vanilla stuff.

 

I mean. The X-Plane airports are way better than P3d vanilla too but they are still not up to AS/FT/FB standards.This is why I will keep buying Airports while waiting, hope some have upgrade pricing later.

 

As for AI/ATC etc I am sure it will be there but we don't know yet if it is on release or later. Meanwhile I will fly double. I have zero interest in multiplayer/vatsim so

it has to be fully flyable solo for me to be interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there,

I just saw Mathijs posting the changelogs of the new builds coming up for the busses in the updating sub forum.
Previously in this post, Dave talked about a update coming up shortly with updates for the A330s Connected Flight deck, however nothing like that is mentioned in the changelogs.

Any chance we can get more information regarding cfd 🙂 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zhenche said:

Hey there,

I just saw Mathijs posting the changelogs of the new builds coming up for the busses in the updating sub forum.
Previously in this post, Dave talked about a update coming up shortly with updates for the A330s Connected Flight deck, however nothing like that is mentioned in the changelogs.

Any chance we can get more information regarding cfd 🙂 ?

 

He did mention CFD changes in the Change log, so there actually is something like that mentioned.  I'll bet you two Aerosoft Scenery products against you buying two scenery products by the end of this week.  Deal?

 

However the change log does not do justice to the CFD changes that are included in this update.  The A330 is almost fully CFD capable, I did a flight two or three days ago and it was a real pleasure.  If memory serves, everything was sync'd except there was still a small issue with heading in selected mode and a little flashing on the V/S indication for the FO (long standing issue).  The APU related functions are fully sync'd in the A330.  Overall CFD worked really well in the A330.

 

I have not done test flights in the smaller buses, but the CFD Captains did a test flight in the A320 last week and they reported the following:

 

HDG Bug pull not synced
APU start push button not synced.
ECAM Actions for LDG displayed on the ECAM during departure. (Happens during CFD and without as showed in the attached pictures)
Cabin Pressure & Alt not synced.
ENG values desynced (very small difference).
GND CTRL not synced.

Otherwise everything else synced.

 

I don't know what CFD fixes have been added to the smaller buses since the test flight last week as our devs don't always provide a complete update on all CFD fixes, meaning that we often have to test to know what's been fixed.  This being the case, the issues listed above may or may not be fixed for the smaller buses in the coming update.  From my perspective, the CFD is further along in the A330 than it is for the smaller buses, but again I don't know this for sure.  I understand that's not ideal, but that's the unvarnished truth and let's appreciate that until we have more time to focus on CFD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

when gonna relwase the a320/a330's update


Did you look at the update change log my friend?  It had those aircraft on it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:


您看过我朋友的更新更改日志吗?它上面有那些飞机。

 

i read that and when will release the new installer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

i read that and when will release the new installer

 

We are testing the new installer.  Once the tests are complete, it will be released.  Can't give a date because it depends on the tests.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

 

We (Mathijs and the entire staff) have always been crystal clear that we were only developing the -343, and always said that we would evaluate the possibility of other models later, but that we had no current plans to develop them.

 

Me thinks you doth protest too much my friend.

I would be careful in your comments here such as 'Me thinks you doth protest too much my friend' with comments such as this I feel Aerosoft is brushing away the concerns of a large group of customers, who likely do not bother posting here.

 

Having to wait quite a long time (and what ever Aerosoft says about dev time, it was a long time) for the A330 and having the A320 series with things missing, such as the much wanted but continuously missing popout ND display and being up to the A330 standard now being told this and being told we protest too much! sorry but I think Aerosoft needs to re-think their approach!

 

Not developing other versions of the A330 is a choice for Aerosoft however I agree the the poster it a very disapointing one.

 

And continuously saying the amount of time and effort and man hours and cost etc it takes to make these is not our concern! that is a business issue for Aerosoft, if it cost so much charge for it! People will not think less of you if you offer a product and charge for your efforts, not wanting to charge for updates is I think silly.

 

Anyway this post will of course not be allowed to be posted but as a long time and loyal AS customer I hope you might consider taking this on board.

 

Respectfully AL

On 2/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, just a minor request. Would it be possible to redo the overhead panel view for the A330 without the angle. It would be nice to have the same look as the A318-19 and A320- 21.

 

thanks 

Pierre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 1:07 AM, along2103 said:

I would be careful in your comments here such as 'Me thinks you doth protest too much my friend' with comments such as this I feel Aerosoft is brushing away the concerns of a large group of customers, who likely do not bother posting here.

 

Having to wait quite a long time (and what ever Aerosoft says about dev time, it was a long time) for the A330 and having the A320 series with things missing, such as the much wanted but continuously missing popout ND display and being up to the A330 standard now being told this and being told we protest too much! sorry but I think Aerosoft needs to re-think their approach!

 

Not developing other versions of the A330 is a choice for Aerosoft however I agree the the poster it a very disapointing one.

 

And continuously saying the amount of time and effort and man hours and cost etc it takes to make these is not our concern! that is a business issue for Aerosoft, if it cost so much charge for it! People will not think less of you if you offer a product and charge for your efforts, not wanting to charge for updates is I think silly.

 

Anyway this post will of course not be allowed to be posted but as a long time and loyal AS customer I hope you might consider taking this on board.

 

Respectfully AL

 

 

Why would your post not be allowed? And where have I said people protest too much?

 

I am sorry you do not agree with our ideas and call them 'silly' is not a problem for me.  There are many companies who do add-ons for your sims and I am sure you feel happier with other.

 

 

12 hours ago, pierre fsx said:

Hi, just a minor request. Would it be possible to redo the overhead panel view for the A330 without the angle. It would be nice to have the same look as the A318-19 and A320- 21.

 

thanks 

Pierre

 

I am sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Why would your post not be allowed? And where have I said people protest too much?

 

I am sorry you do not agree with our ideas and call them 'silly' is not a problem for me.  There are many companies who do add-ons for your sims and I am sure you feel happier with other.

 

 

 

Boss,

 

He's talking about a comment I made to SOMEONE else on something that WAS NOT related to anything he posted.  I gave the post all the time and effort it warranted.  Otherwise the outcome was rather certain.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Why would your post not be allowed? And where have I said people protest too much?

 

I am sorry you do not agree with our ideas and call them 'silly' is not a problem for me.  There are many companies who do add-ons for your sims and I am sure you feel happier with other.

 

 

 

I am sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

Sorry I wasn't to clear in my request.

 

With the A318-19 A320-21 the overhead view look's like this:

854440899_A321OverheadPanelview.thumb.jpg.bdd9198730d66be20a13c2c0d69ac8b8.jpg

 

I use a separate screen, located over my wide screen  to display the overhead panel.

1295289092_Setupview.thumb.jpg.4c8560fea4c1f2c88f1412aa50a70285.jpg

Like if you were sitting in the cockpit. 

I do not know why, but with the A330 the overhead panel view look's like that:

369730951_A330OverheadPanelview.thumb.jpg.ec52967cdb46095109e346ee8302114c.jpg

 

the view has an angle to it, and it doesn't look like it should if you were to sit in the cockpit. 

I would like if you could straight out the camera like it is in the smaller bus, or do a second view .

Pierre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer using Chaseplane, it gives you the exact views at the exact zoom levels. No going back there :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you use chase plane on more then one monitor? I use it for the main view (on the 3 monitors), but didn't know you can use it on a second undock view in the sim.

 

Pierre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pierre fsx said:

Sorry I wasn't to clear in my request.

 

With the A318-19 A320-21 the overhead view look's like this:

 

 

I use a separate screen, located over my wide screen  to display the overhead panel.

 

Like if you were sitting in the cockpit. 

I do not know why, but with the A330 the overhead panel view look's like that:

 

 

the view has an angle to it, and it doesn't look like it should if you were to sit in the cockpit. 

I would like if you could straight out the camera like it is in the smaller bus, or do a second view .

Pierre

 

 

This was brought up early in the Beta and it was decided to keep the view as it is and that will not change.  If you'd like, you can create different views in P3D view manager. I've never done it, but many people do it.

 

Best wishes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is to bad, this view point is unique in the world of addons and it doesn't make any sense, why would the overhead panel look like this when you are sitting in the pilot seat. I did try to use the view manager, but it is not very user friendly.

 

Well

Thanks Anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pierre fsx said:

 

 

the view has an angle to it, and it doesn't look like it should if you were to sit in the cockpit. 

I would like if you could straight out the camera like it is in the smaller bus, or do a second view .

Pierre

 

So why don't you simple move and rotate that view? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mathijs,

 

I did that, using the view manager, i just rotate the view but the result is terrible. The view looks like a bottleneck (narrow at the top and wider at the bottom. Some switches and buttons are hard to use. 

 

I don’t thing it would be a big deal for your team to fix this and it would be great for all the simmer that use a separate screen to display the overhead panel. It will also standardized that view for all the busses.

 

Pierre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...