Charts offline?

Riky FSX

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apps still not working. This is obviously a bigger problem and more than some server hickup. I don’t want to sound greedy or anything but I do wonder if there is maybe a accommodation/compensation planned for the time customers can‘t use the service? :) Free extension of the subscription for example?  Or discounts on other products? 

vor 15 Minuten, bsal sagte:

Charts are taking a very long time to load, must be everyone using the charts on the EFB in the A330 is killing the server.

I can’t even access the service anymore, neither via app nor browser..... it just says server error after trying to connect for a while....

I think everyone appreciate Aerosoft but we even more like Lido charts. I think it’s a massive disappointment this almost one week continuos issue with iPad app. Today they are even loading very slowly on the server. For the respect we all pay to Aerosoft also Aerosoft should fix this problem asap. Or at least explain in detail what’s the problem and give a realistic ETA for the fixing

vor 21 Minuten, Rikypara sagte:

I think everyone appreciate Aerosoft but we even more like Lido charts. I think it’s a massive disappointment this almost one week continuos issue with iPad app. Today they are even loading very slowly on the server. For the respect we all pay to Aerosoft also Aerosoft should fix this problem asap. Or at least explain in detail what’s the problem and give a realistic ETA for the fixing

I agree. But I guess they are quite busy with the 330 support....

I also agree that it has to do with the new released A330 but I also think that this is no excuse for taking such long time to solve the problem. I dont want to attack the delevelopers but I think that at least they sould give us some info what is happening and when it will be solved instead of just saying that they are working on it. 

However maybe we can enjoy these beautiful charts more early then whe think.

Good morning NDP, NDP Charts are still not loading properly here - UK, PC, Chrome, Windows 10.  Nothing at all yesterday and today very very slow on the PC.  Won't load at all on my WiFi Tab which is the device normally used.

Recently had a similar problem with PFPX so I dropped that program altogether.

Any news please??

Thanks, Bruce

22 hours ago, FgPunisher said:

I also agree that it has to do with the new released A330 but I also think that this is no excuse for taking such long time to solve the problem. I dont want to attack the delevelopers but I think that at least they sould give us some info what is happening and when it will be solved instead of just saying that they are working on it. 

However maybe we can enjoy these beautiful charts more early then whe think.

There are no excuse because we bought a service and we must have a compensation. Aerosoft must be more professional.

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, max_iw1fbr said:

There are no excuse because we bought a service and we must have a compensation. Aerosoft must be more professional.

What lets you assume that there won't be anything like that once the problems are fixed?

Of course the problem is known and it is worked on. But as it is pretty obvious from the time it already persists it is not an easy one to fix.

So please calm down, let the things get worked out and if there is one company around that is known for its customer mindedness and always finds creative solutions to get things sorted out, then it is Aerosoft.

Charts should be back online tomorrow (Monday).

Thanks for your patience.  As I understand it, there was a server migration that took place and a few manual corrections have to be made.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Charts should be back online tomorrow (Monday).

Thanks for your patience.  As I understand it, there was a server migration that took place and a few manual corrections have to be made.

Thanks!

Also the iPad app? Thanks for the update :)

Charts seem to be working again trough web access, mobile apps are still not though. Any info on that? Is this a different problem you’ll have to solve or just a matter of time?
(For me, using the charts on my iPad app is the preferred way to go because of the missing gesture zoom in the browser version....). 

Thanks,

Stu

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, a known issue and got something todo with the pdf files and how certain fonts are being embedded and being displayed. Obviously not easy to solve.

Ah ?  Nothing is easy, but I thought that was not too serious. Why a difference with previous charts then, when it was perfectly readable a few weeks ago... ?

It is possible to manipulate pdf fonts, something that can be integrated in your production workflow, like command lines tool. 

GPL Ghostscript can do a lot of things.

Acrobat distiller and cups too. If that helps.

are you guys still working on getting the mobile apps back online? speed is great but still unsorted and invisible charts within the selected airport.....

any forecast on when we will be able to use the service again? 

br

stu

vor 6 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Can you tell me what is unsorted and what charts are not visible?

hi mathijs,

well, I can‘t see/open any charts via the iPhone app. Charts when I choose an airport look like this:

Please login to display this image.

When I tap any of the chats I get a blank grey screen:

Please login to display this image.

Archived