Aerosoft Dublin! Please update!

Okay, let me explain.

First test i had around 30 below because of Firefox, Twitch's HTML5 player makes my P3D drop frames!

Second test without Firefox!

Now, here is the proof:

Stormy and Fair weather with detailed clouds.

(See FPS in the upper left corner)

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, biokemisten said:

Okay, let me explain.

First test i had around 30 below because of Firefox, Twitch's HTML5 player makes my P3D drop frames!

Second test without Firefox!

Now, here is the proof:

Stormy and Fair weather with detailed clouds.

(See FPS in the upper left corner)

Ahh I see...Nice! in-sim FPS but Active Sky Next isn't running which has an fps Impact but looks great!

7 minutes ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

Hello guys,

i m sorry but there is currently no update planed for that airport from the developer.

Anyway we going to inform the developer once again about the fps problems.

Thank so much if you can inform the developer about the fps problems...hopefully now something can be done by the developer.who is the developer?

Hello Dean;

The developer's name is Peter Werlitz. I think he is/was a developer for Aerosoft, but not sure if he still work's with them? Its the same guy that has developed the old Madeira. On the positive note, Im very happy that the new Madeira is not being developed by him, but is being developed by MK Studios. I wish they could also develop Dublin. As I have a good feeling that nothing will ever be done for AS Mega Airport Dublin, but only time will tell............ . 

1 hour ago, A340-4 said:

Hello Dean;

The developer's name is Peter Werlitz. I think he is/was a developer for Aerosoft, but not sure if he still work's with them? Its the same guy that has developed the old Madeira. On the positive note, Im very happy that the new Madeira is not being developed by him, but is being developed by MK Studios. I wish they could also develop Dublin. As I have a good feeling that nothing will ever be done for AS Mega Airport Dublin, but only time will tell............ . 

Ohh right interesting! Wish he would work on Dublin a some point 

On 7/8/2016 at 8:26 PM, g7usl said:

With the name 'Mega' in the title, customers expect perfection. I hope the developer realises this?

exactly! couldnt agree more with what you said :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

"Mega" doesn't necessarily mean it's perfect, just that it's comprehensive and detailed. Frequently, animations, detailed surrounding scenery, or other extra features are included. Also, the vast majority of software out there runs well on most but not all setups. If you're looking for perfection, anyone's software title is not the best example. I'm not saying your issues are invalid, but putting detailed scenery (AS Mega Dublin) with a highly detailed aircraft (like the PMDG 737NGX) will compromise most any system's performance. A little perspective.

Hello Herman;

Look at the very first screen shot on this forum in the OP's post. He is using the DEFAULT jet? Look at the frames in the top left corner LOL. Nobody here is talking about NGX and Dublin. Dublin is the problem here- nothing more or less. 

Thanks. 

On 7/5/2016 at 7:20 PM, Fabian Boulegue said:

Hello guys,

i m sorry but there is currently no update planed for that airport from the developer.

Anyway we going to inform the developer once again about the fps problems.

Hello Fabian;

Just wanted to know if the developer acknowledged the problem with Dublin? Or has responded in any way? Is it possible for him to post here and let us know? 

You also said that you will inform the "developer ONCE again about the FPS problems" Does this mean that you already have contacted him in the past about this issue before? Just curious is to why it wasn't and still isn't fixed. Thanks..

On 7/10/2016 at 0:18 AM, Herman said:

"Mega" doesn't necessarily mean it's perfect, just that it's comprehensive and detailed. Frequently, animations, detailed surrounding scenery, or other extra features are included. Also, the vast majority of software out there runs well on most but not all setups. If you're looking for perfection, anyone's software title is not the best example. I'm not saying your issues are invalid, but putting detailed scenery (AS Mega Dublin) with a highly detailed aircraft (like the PMDG 737NGX) will compromise most any system's performance. A little perspective.

If that IS the case indeed, the title 'Mega' should not be used. It's extreme exaggeration to sell the product. 

Are we really entitled to updates? There was a time, for example, where there was no Dublin add-on. If you don't like it, you can either create your own or  go back to stock.

Also, if a product isn't certified for a particular simulator and version of the simulator, then it doesn't have to work. Migration tools are amazing but if I used one, and something went wrong, I would always have that consideration that the reason the product doesn't work because it wasn't designed to work on my platform.

When it comes to the "Mega" labeling, different parties will interpret the meaning differently. Businesses everywhere use words to promote their product very well, using whatever vocabulary they wish. By purchasing the product you accept any risks

On 16/07/2016 at 5:57 AM, darth_damian_000 said:

Are we really entitled to updates? There was a time, for example, where there was no Dublin add-on. If you don't like it, you can either create your own or  go back to stock.

If you PAY for a product, you are entitled to get a working product! You are entitled to get a BUG free product that works in the advertised versions i.e FSX/ P3D v2.. . THIS Product doesn't work well with any versions of FSX or P3D. 

I can create my own product? Why would I? Im not a developer, i did not decide to make a business selling scenery for FSX/P3D.... I love your analogy "If you dont like it go back to stock" LOL. I paid money for it! If there was an option to get a refund, I would gladly accept it! 

Sometimes people with comments like your's make me wonder in the first place is to why do I even support flight simulation in the first place? Why not join 1000's of people that download shit illegally? I think its because I have morals and know the difference between right and wrong and maybe hopeful that companies would have the same analogy. 

Edit: Im sure when you are old enough and go and buy yourself something like a car and it will breakdown, I really hope that the seller will tell you " There were times where there were no cars, so go back to riding a horse"   

On 16/07/2016 at 9:47 AM, A340-4 said:

If you PAY for a product, you are entitled to get a working product! You are entitled to get a BUG free product that works in the advertised versions i.e FSX/ P3D v2.. . THIS Product doesn't work well with any versions of FSX or P3D. 

I can create my own product? Why would I? Im not a developer, i did not decide to make a business selling scenery for FSX/P3D.... I love your analogy "If you dont like it go back to stock" LOL. I paid money for it! If there was an option to get a refund, I would gladly accept it! 

Sometimes people with comments like your's make me wonder in the first place is to why do I even support flight simulation in the first place? Why not join 1000's of people that download shit illegally? I think its because I have morals and know the difference between right and wrong and maybe hopeful that companies would have the same analogy. 

Edit: Im sure when you are old enough and go and buy yourself something like a car and it will breakdown, I really hope that the seller will tell you " There were times where there were no cars, so go back to riding a horse"    

Well said A340

• 2 weeks later...

Is that it? 

What, If anything is going to happen about this?

You say you have notified the developer and no more.  Is he/she willing to sort this, or not?

Yeah your correct! They say once and that's it.... Aerosoft please contact him/her and tell them about this issue with their scenery please...we need an update for this airport immediately due to its issues 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Aerosoft has given an answer already a month ago. It is understandable that not all of the readers here in the topic are happy with it. If there would be any other answer as the one already given it would have been stated here already without the need to ask for it.

AS had stated that they pass the problems some customers experience  again to the developer. And I am sure they continue to do so. But what would be the meaning of repeating the same answer again and again if nothing has changed in the meantime? 

On 7/30/2016 at 0:33 PM, Tom A320 said:

Aerosoft has given an answer already a month ago. It is understandable that not all of the readers here in the topic are happy with it. If there would be any other answer as the one already given it would have been stated here already without the need to ask for it.

AS had stated that they pass the problems some customers experience  again to the developer. And I am sure they continue to do so. But what would be the meaning of repeating the same answer again and again if nothing has changed in the meantime? 

Tom;

I find it hard to believe that AS has repoerted the problem to the developer and the developer did not respond in any way. If thats the case, maybe its time to think about getting a different developer and giving this one a boot?! 

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, A340-4 said:

I find it hard to believe that AS has repoerted the problem to the developer and the developer did not respond in any way. If thats the case, maybe its time to think about getting a different developer and giving this one a boot?! 

I haven't said, that there wasn't any response. I said, that if there were differences to the status that has been given here already, they would have been announced. That is something else, and I wouldn't derive any conclusions about the developer from that and kindly ask you not to do it as well.

23 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

I haven't said, that there wasn't any response. I said, that if there were differences to the status that has been given here already, they would have been announced. That is something else, and I wouldn't derive any conclusions about the developer from that and kindly ask you not to do it as well.

Hello Tom;

I draw my conclusions from the following: 

There has been a LOT of other topics in the Aerosoft forums about the performance of Dublin- not a single response from him.

This topic has been going on for some time now, why wouldn't the developer reply? 

Why not make a P3D v3 installer? (This one makes me wonder a lot, as from what I know, it isnt too hard to do) 

This developer also made Madeira? Im I correct? Madeira also has some issues with FSX/ P3D and is too, not compatible for P3D v3. 

Why should I be praising somebody that doesn't care or give a dam? 

Tom, if you say that there is/was a response from him, why wouldnt you share it with us? Just curious. 

Thanks, 

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, A340-4 said:

Tom, if you say that there is/was a response from him, why wouldnt you share it with us? Just curious. 

Again, you read something that wasn't written. I haven't said there was a response. Actually I don't know, as I am not Aerosoft, I am just a moderator here. And I want to prevent that rumours start out of misreading or misinterpreting statements.

I can't tell you the exact reason, why there hasn't been a v3 installer made yet, but there are a few possible answers

• Maybe there are compatibility problems with the scenery which need to be fixed first.
  • AS could keep 2-3 people busy updating installers for 100+ add-ons every time LM releases a new version. Keep in mind that you don't pay for such updates...

So why not just use the existing installer to install into P3Dv3 (point it to your P3Dv3 folder) or use a migration tool? There are so many add-ons out there that will never ever see a v3 installer or maybe not even a P3D installer at all. A migration tool was the first thing that I installed after moving from FSX to P3D. Such a tool surely doesn't fix compatibility problems, but helps hugely to install into P3D. An updated installer would also just help to install into P3Dv3 and not fix possible compatibility issues. So where would be the difference.

Either way, you can install immediately and don't have to wait for a new installer that might come or not come...

1 hour ago, A340-4 said:

Hello Tom;

I draw my conclusions from the following: 

There has been a LOT of other topics in the Aerosoft forums about the performance of Dublin- not a single response from him.

This topic has been going on for some time now, why wouldn't the developer reply? 

Why not make a P3D v3 installer? (This one makes me wonder a lot, as from what I know, it isnt too hard to do) 

This developer also made Madeira? Im I correct? Madeira also has some issues with FSX/ P3D and is too, not compatible for P3D v3. 

Why should I be praising somebody that doesn't care or give a dam? 

Thanks, 

I have Mega Dublin installed in version 3 and it's still heavy on framerate. I don't see how a v3 installer will fix your issue.

Archived