Mega Rome Update

sk5645

Fabian, if not already fixed, I would like to highlight that in LIRF 1.01 some docking guidance signs are not aligned with the ground yellow line and need to be slightly moved right or left. In detail, they are those at gates 410, 422, 518, 708. Further, those at gates 508 and 528 do not work (are turned off).

Thank you. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 week later :rolleyes: ! But not so bad most not know it any differently with MK-Studios ;). The Downloadlink for the Afcad-Fix to use the AI-Traffic for LIRF in FSX also needs 3 month i think

• Aerosoft

We had some issues with the update in P3D and SODE and therefore the update has to undergo another revision by the dev. Im sorry for the inconvenience.

Jonas

Don't want to debate, but the files were given to Aerosoft at the beginning of the year, if they had been tested earlier and not after almost 2 months, may be we would already have the update...

• Deputy Sheriffs

It might not occur to you, but a publisher like Aerosoft don't have unlimited resources to work on unlimited projects simultaneously. Instead they have a queue, as every other vendor / manufacturer does, and work this queue step by step.

Just because a developer provides new files doesn't mean that they drop everything else and start working on these new files solely.

Jonas gave a totally reasonable explanation and you yourself said, you didn't wanted to start a debate. So please don't do so and wait for Aerosoft doing their job along with the developer. In the end you want a fully functional update, also in your environment, and not an update that just by chance doesn't work for you, but for everyone else.

Then lest hope that the developer do that quicker as his Afcadfixes-upload :unsure: ! Good to see that AS make his Job and found Problems before release but i got a 

Déjà-vu i think before 1 Month developer said that AS have Problems with Installfiles now we hear issues with P3D and SODE. I'm confused 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why does it confuse you that in the course of building a setup/update more than one problem shows up?

When asking AS for a status update they give you a the current status. Already a minute after that has been written that status can already be something completely different. All you get here are snapshots from somewhere in between. Without having a complete and continuous picture of a project there is not much sense in trying to make out too many details from snapshots.

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, ca210270 said:

but the files were given to Aerosoft at the beginning of the year

As far as i know this is not true, however that is nothing to debate about. We have encountered issues and want to have them sorted prior to the release of the update and thats the reason for the delay.

Jonas

On 18/2/2016 at 8:59 AM, ca210270 said:

I would like to highlight that in LIRF 1.01 some docking guidance signs are not aligned with the ground yellow line and need to be slightly moved right or left. In detail, they are those at gates 410, 422, 518, 708. Further, those at gates 508 and 528 do not work (are turned off).

By the way, did you move the docking table exactly aligned with the ground yellow line for the above parkings? 

Manually add the sode 1.3 jetways is different than make an installer able to correctly put them, deactivate a previous 1.2 set up of sode (cause the two cannot stay togheter) and register the dll. The new sode is not like 1.2 with indipendent sim setup but create a new folder out of the sim for all the platforms you have. So if you have fsx and p3d on the same machine you will have a single sode installation working with both. Better testing all to avoid iussue with old sode 1.2 sceneries cause not all the developers have updated the sceneries.

12 hours ago, ca210270 said:

I guess not... Any estimate? I would like to be able to fly at Fiumicino!

Hello, why keep asking infos about this update? We wont get any until the update is ready, i guess -_-

Until then i simply removed the scenery from my library (because when flying near LIRF i get micropauses every time...) and i learned my lesson: no more AS products for me (i am really disappointed for the after sale support) and i will stay away from any scenery with SODE in it. SImple as that. :)

10 hours ago, Gnak76 said:

Hello, why keep asking infos about this update? We wont get any until the update is ready, i guess -_-

Until then i simply removed the scenery from my library (because when flying near LIRF i get micropauses every time...) and i learned my lesson: no more AS products for me (i am really disappointed for the after sale support) and i will stay away from any scenery with SODE in it. SImple as that. :)

Just purchased and noticed in p3d v3.1 when loading all gates are moving so that may be the reasons for the stutters you are seeing when approaching the airport.

Did had a quick look and noticed the strange gate behaviour and was looking for a solution...

Cheers,

André

1 hour ago, awf said:

Just purchased and noticed in p3d v3.1 when loading all gates are moving so that may be the reasons for the stutters you are seeing when approaching the airport.

Did had a quick look and noticed the strange gate behaviour and was looking for a solution...

Cheers,

André

Noticed something more that is compatibility with SODE 1.30 waiting for update because when using LOWS we have two entries in p3d due to two different version are loaded in P3D...

Temporary solution is to disable the version not in use in the exe and dll.cfg entries :(

Some more issues render this scenery useless at this point amazing to think about it have purchased it today :(

Understood there is an incoming update which will solve the issues, would be nice to have the information upfront during purchase gentlemen....

Any comments here Mathijs?

The Warsaw Chopin airport scenery update to SODE 1.3 by Drzewiecki Design was expected somewhere during spring and is now out, while Fiumicino, with the files delivered to Aerosoft at the beginning of the year, still waiting... 

Does this update fix the problem of no aircraft taxiing to the departure runway and taking off?

Using Super Traffic Board I watched a Ryan Air 737-800 status. It changed from Final Call to Closed and a couple of seconds later the status changed to Departed and the aircraft simply disappeared from the stand.

I think I know what the problem is. The AFCAD has duplicate entries for the 6 runway ends and looking at the properties of the runways some have one end closed for take-off but not the other end. We all know that won't work.

For commercial scenery this is a poor state of affairs when Ai aircraft can't even taxi out.

I trust a fix is imminent.

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks but I don't have a rar file handler. Maybe someone could create a zip please?

Why is it on Facebook and not here? Not everyone has a Facebook account.

Sent via PM Ray.

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks but I don't have a rar file handler.

Hey Ray,

I realize you're all set with the zipped version... but I thought I'd chime in on something related.

If memory serves, you downloaded and installed 7-Zip a week or two ago (forgive me if I'm wrong).  One of the terrific things about 7-Zip is that it handles every type of compression format in use that I'm aware of, and does so flawlessly. It's a one stop shop for compressed files so to speak. I've used it for many years and swaar by it, and some developers (like REX) are now using it to zip files (so you'll need it to unzip them).

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

The reason I prefer zip files is because Windows can handle them. There is no need to install a 3rd party product (which is unlikely to be free). Zip has been the default compression system for years so it would be annoying if developers and companies didn't provide a zip option.

I did install 7-Zip (why isn't it called 7-RAR? :huh:) for a one-off occasion. If companies want to provide a rar then fine. But they should also include a zip.

All I require of a file compression program is for it to uncompress the files. I don't need it to do anything else. ;)

Ray,

I apologize if I didn't word my post as well as I could have, I'd like to try again if you'd allow me.

You see, 7-Zip handles ALL file compression types, so if you use 7-zip it doesn't matter how a developed compresses their files.  Additionally, the installer for 7-Zip allows one to have the 7-Zip utility in the Windows click menu, so it can essentially work as easily (quickly) Windows decompression utility.  Incidently, some may not be aware but there are MANY different sub-types of Zipped files (*.zip) and 7-Zip automatically recognizes and handles them all where the Windows decompression utility does not.

If all you "require of a file compression program is for it to uncompressed the files" then 7-Zip would do this quickly, easily and you wouldn't have to post or email to request people re-compress and upload their files for you (I think you unfortunately have had to do that twice as about as many weeks), which may save you time and trouble.

Just trying to help my friend. 

My very best wishes.

Archived