Mega Rome Update

sk5645

Hi!

This was published a month ago in mk-studios facebook page.

The update for Rome is on it's way, during beta testing now.

Changelog:
-SODE v1.3 compatibility added,
-DME position fixed for ILS approach,
-Black texture visible from distance (fixed),
-AFCAD issues fixed,
-Paraller runway operations fixed,
-Autogen exclusion problem fixed,
-3D grass colors changed.

Do you have any idea when this update will be available for us who bought this scenery? I've been in contact with mk-studios but they said that they are waiting for aerosoft to update their installers, any status on the update would be great!

Thanks in advance :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Hello,

it is true, we do have the files. We are working hard to roll out the update for you as soon as possible, however i cant give an exact timeframe. 

Jonas

22 hours ago, Jonas Scholz said:

Hello,

it is true, we do have the files. We are working hard to roll out the update for you as soon as possible, however i cant give an exact timeframe. 

Jonas

Thanks for the answer!

• Aerosoft

Hello,

we have a lot on our to do lists, we will provide you with the update as soon as possible. However i dont know when exactly this will be.

Jonas

4 hours ago, Jonas Scholz said:

Hello,

we have a lot on our to do lists, we will provide you with the update as soon as possible. However i dont know when exactly this will be.

Jonas

Hello,

this reply is quite frustrating from my point of view, as a paying customer. I am waiting this update since the micro-pauses issue emerged just after release (its a quite serious problem in a flight sim, you know) because i consider LIRF an excellent scenery.

I think that fixing a released product should have very high priority in the "to-do list" (but this is my personal idea). Other than that it would be nice to have at least a broad idea (we dont need the exact date) of the time you still need before releasing the update (as i read above the developer finished the update some weeks ago). Days, weeks, months?

Anyway thank you for keeping us informed.

Exactly, the update was delivered to Aerosoft by the developer almost one moth ago and the things to test were just a few, besides the new jetways SODE 1.3 compatible. So, apart from the installer, I can't understand why such a long time on the Aerosoft side and even more why it's still not clear when more or less the update could be released, as if it was question of weeks-months rather than days... 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gentleman, 

AS has not just one but many projects which are being worked simultaneously on. For you the LIRF update is important, others are desperately waiting for P3Dv3 updates. In order to be fair to everyone AS is pushing all projects, but it should be clear to everyone that not everything can be done immediately. 

AS is not saying that you are not getting your update, therefore the argument that you are a paying customer is not valid. You will get your update for sure! 

Please be a little bit patient. 

12 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Gentleman, 

AS has not just one but many projects which are being worked simultaneously on. For you the LIRF update is important, others are desperately waiting for P3Dv3 updates. In order to be fair to everyone AS is pushing all projects, but it should be clear to everyone that not everything can be done immediately. 

AS is not saying that you are not getting your update, therefore the argument that you are a paying customer is not valid. You will get your update for sure! 

Please be a little bit patient. 

Hello Tom,

first of all thank you for the reply but i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say (or i explained myself wrong!). I dont doubt that we will receive the LIRF update, thats for sure :). I was trying to express my frustration for the lack of infos we have had in the last few weeks about the scenery update since the developers wrote that the update was made ready few weeks ago.

As a long term and happy AS customer this is the first time i think (my opinion ofc) the customer service is not good and i think (also my personal opinion) that you could manage the communication better about this product update.

Thats all, now ill keep going on beeing patient and wait LIRF update. :P

We can understand your frustration, however I can assure you work is still ongoing on the update.

It will come for sure and once we know more details as to when this will be you can be sure to learn about them!
Believe me, as soon as we get details we'll publish them!

With all the updates for FSX:Steam and P3Dv3 please understand that we have some busy times in the offices at the moment and it can take a little longer with updates at the moment. We haven't forgotten about them though!

After installing Salzburg I can't fly anymore in Rome Fiumicino area! Every few seconds I get the green text bar opening with the message that the jetway I chose is not available, even if I am not on the ground but flying in that area! Please, the update is top priority, I frankly can't understand why testing a few things takes so long!

7 minutes ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

this is based on diffrent SODE Version that been used by Salzburg.
For now there is no workaround as far as i see.

I know and there is a long discussion thread in the forum about that. The only solution is that Aerosoft releases the update, that was delivered to Aerosoft by the developer at the beginning of the year! 

Just now, Fabian Boulegue said:

but we only will release updates if all other sceneries been updated to the new SODE Version, as we currently wont sell products inhouse that are incompatible to each other.

Could you please elaborate? Are there other Aerosoft sceneries presently NOT compatible with SODE 1.3, besides Rome Fiumicino?

2 hours ago, ca210270 said:

After installing Salzburg I can't fly anymore in Rome Fiumicino area! Every few seconds I get the green text bar opening with the message that the jetway I chose is not available, even if I am not on the ground but flying in that area! Please, the update is top priority, I frankly can't understand why testing a few things takes so long!

This is one of the reasons many simmers are waiting for this update. We cant even buy new sceneries because of SODE issues that can arise. -_-

Thank you very much, you made my week! Now we will be able to fly again in LIRF with the jetways, without that annoying green bar of the jetway not available, without the SODE ugly pauses and with the autogen around the airport ;)

On 11.2.2016 at 09:22, Fabian Boulegue sagte:

but we only will release updates if all other sceneries been updated to the new SODE Version

Ouch, why that? This could mean that LIRF (or an other SODE scenery) will come out with a delay of several months. Stanislav from Drzewiecki Design (EPWA, UUEE) already stated in his forum that it could be spring.

To be honest, I do not understand this strategy, because it is up to every customer when he is going to update his scenery with the new SODE 1.3. If someone still wants to use SODE 1.2 for his other older sceneries, HE can wait with the update until all all other sceneries are updated to the new SODE. Simple as that. If somebody has installed LOWS (or a single other SODE 1.3. airport), he will be on the latest SODE anyway, and that person would like to see the SODE updates of the other airports as soon as available.

To make an update release dependent from the availability of other scenery updates urges all the other customers, that are desperate for the update, to wait until the last scenery is updated. Why not leaving the decision to the mature customer who can decide when and what scenery he would like to update?

Archived