Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Ahahah.... 1 month and twelve days ago, mathjis, at this question:

jim:release before 30 september??

mathjis:absolutely!

you can find this message in a last topic (number 2 airbus x extended)

Every post of yours that i read is about judging Mathijs statements. You certainly know that problems came up, compromising the release date so please don't judge previous statements that were made before some issues were known delaying the release.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all,

The Airbus X Ext. Could be the best plane for FS never build but there is something wrong.... There isn't wingflex in this aircraft ! This Add-on is oustanding but without that it a non-finished Add-on...

Who is agree with me ?

No one! Sorry!

The bus will come when it's ready, there's no point in constantly asking for a release date every 10 mnutes.

I'm sure Mathijs will post an update whenever there is something new to report :)

Relax people, try to spend some more time enjoying what's allready released, spend some time in the sim, fly to your favourite destinations instead and before you know it, the bus is released :)

Ahahah.... 1 month and twelve days ago, mathjis, at this question:

jim:release before 30 september??

mathjis:absolutely!

you can find this message in a last topic (number 2 airbus x extended)

In Australia we have a saying "Pull your head in you" that extends with a frequently heard globally understood expletive. Look in a mirror and recite and you will get the message.

Mathijs, please I, implore you, make this thread 'read only' and have access to the delivery of useful information and screenies from yourself and beta testers.

+1. I keep coming back to pages of random posts and it makes it hard to find the official info :(

If the PMDG releases the 777 before the extended bus i'll cut my legs :mallet_s: If they release the 747 v2 i'll cut my head :chairfall_s::groupflip_s:

Awesome post! I was thinking of actually eating my feet off if this thing doesn't come quick :) much luck Aerosoft as you finalize this awesome product and lastly thank you for all your endless effort in making this bus for us to enjoy!

Best Regards,

Ken K.

Hello all,

The Airbus X Ext. Could be the best plane for FS never build but there is something wrong.... There isn't wingflex in this aircraft ! This Add-on is oustanding but without that it a non-finished Add-on...

Who is agree with me ?

Not me for sure! The PMDG have wings flexing but i never see them..I am sure real pilot in the real airbus never see them neither..So since this is a plane simulation it should simulate the systems and flight dynamics. All the eye candy have nothin to do ith the simulation..This is my opinion but i respect whoever is into the cjhokes big , small, medium size, or wing flex, or the stairs that have to move down in 8.9 seconds and not in 2 and so on.. till they give me an airbus that is better than Wilco, I do buy it...

@pacoche: Thanks for the tip! I received the manual yesterday and though a bit "overwhelming" at first I think it will be a great addition to the plane we are all so desperately waiting for!

udu5ugap.jpg

Not me for sure! The PMDG have wings flexing but i never see them..I am sure real pilot in the real airbus never see them neither..So since this is a plane simulation it should simulate the systems and flight dynamics. All the eye candy have nothin to do ith the simulation..This is my opinion but i respect whoever is into the cjhokes big , small, medium size, or wing flex, or the stairs that have to move down in 8.9 seconds and not in 2 and so on.. till they give me an airbus that is better than Wilco, I do buy it...

I agree with Shermann, the wing flex on a 747, 777 or A380 should be done as such a massive aircrafts would look weird with its wings straight in flight, but the movement of an A320, 737 etc. are not that noticeable. Plus the fact that I can add the shockwave lights to it is a bonus as I usually hate the strobe lights of most add ons aircrafts (no offence to the Extended developers). I love the shockwave strobes. And like Shermann I want more real simulation in terms of systems and flight dynamics than eye candy. But I do also respect others opinions, Aerosoft is one of the best developers in the market but not the only one, is wing flex is something that would really upset you in not buying it, there are other airbuses out there you could take a look at. At the end its not our decision, its the developers. Personally I can't wait to upgrade my X to the Extended.

please guys, don't forget that this is a medium range price product. how much you pay is how much you get. but Aerosoft are offering a BUS that has a bigger value than the price.

I don't think areosoft is able to provide me an airbus for the price, that I would pay for an 1:1 replica.

@pacoche: Thanks for the tip! I received the manual yesterday and though a bit "overwhelming" at first I think it will be a great addition to the plane we are all so desperately waiting for!

You're right, it happened to me too, there's so much information, checks and stuff condensed in the book, that makes you say 'oh my god'.. I won't be able to assimilate but all Mike Ray's manuals are the same, they're the best.

Everyone should get one when Aerosoft sells it along with the Airbus X Ext'd

So back on topic. One tech question:

Is it possible to copy the active Fplan or a Secondary FPlan is included?

I didn't find anything in my search

Hello all,

Who is agree with me ?

Not me

Not me neither.

Must we really have this debate again?If i remember correctly Mathijs said its hardly noticeable in the real Aircraft so it wont be implemented at the cost of other features in the sim.

• Aerosoft

sounds like that you are write for every special/angry sid or stars extra code? but how would you handle this - I mean the beta testers have to test for their lives - lol! And what is the difference drawing a SID or STAR Line between a PMDG 737 or an AS Airbus? no offense of course!

Cheers

cheers

No not for all SIDs and STARs separate but we need to have logic that works for all. And there is little or no difference how this is done in different products, I just know that it must have been a struggle for PMDG as well (if the real Airbus has problems....). we know that in other projects we handle this is always an complex thing.

• Aerosoft

You're right, it happened to me too, there's so much information, checks and stuff condensed in the book, that makes you say 'oh my god'.. I won't be able to assimilate but all Mike Ray's manuals are the same, they're the best.

Everyone should get one when Aerosoft sells it along with the Airbus X Ext'd

So back on topic. One tech question:

Is it possible to copy the active Fplan or a Secondary FPlan is included?

I didn't find anything in my search

Part of that is done, but not sure if we can include it at this moment.

I agree with Shermann, the wing flex on a 747, 777 or A380 should be done as such a massive aircrafts would look weird with its wings straight in flight, but the movement of an A320, 737 etc. are not that noticeable. Plus the fact that I can add the shockwave lights to it is a bonus as I usually hate the strobe lights of most add ons aircrafts (no offence to the Extended developers). I love the shockwave strobes. And like Shermann I want more real simulation in terms of systems and flight dynamics than eye candy. But I do also respect others opinions, Aerosoft is one of the best developers in the market but not the only one, is wing flex is something that would really upset you in not buying it, there are other airbuses out there you could take a look at. At the end its not our decision, its the developers. Personally I can't wait to upgrade my X to the Extended.

The 737 has very noticeable wingflex, especially with winglets installed. The A320 wing flexes significantly less, probably too little to be sensibly represented in FSX, but it still does. Not sure, but the installation of sharklets on the A320 wing might also lead to stronger wing flex, as it does with the 737.

As for the effect as such: on long flights, during cruise, you might temporarily want to be in a passenger seat view and enjoy the view across the wing. Without any flex, something is clearly missing.

Archived