Recommended Posts

If the FPS drops for a second below 15, the Airbus flight model goes nuts for a while. If new clouds or weather is implemented the FPS can drop for 1 to 5s below 15. While this the Airbus get out of control in Autoflight. He dives, climbs or rolls like crazy. I do not have this with any other airplane like PMDG, FSLABS or something else. It would be nice if you can review this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fly by wire of the Airbus needs stable 18 FPS or more. 

 

If they drop below this value it is possible that the AP is not getting enough time anymore to calculate everything needed. This will cause exactly what you experience. 

 

The solution is to lower the performance needed by other parts of the sim. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom is (as usual) spot on about the minimum required fps.  Updating your graphics driver, removing and rebuilding your Shaders would be the first thing I'd do, and then if needed I would look at your graphics settings as Tom suggested. 

 

Can you please post your system specs?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm suffering similar problems. My system is fairly old and tired (like me, LOL) ... and I do tend to have settings maxed out for screenshots.

 

However - I get no issues with other "complex" aircraft from other developers (I won't name them, but you can probably guess). Sure - my framerates are terrible with these aircraft, but the sim is remarkably stable and I don't get these wild oscillations.

 

Looks like I'll need to set up a separate cfg file just for Airbus sessions - which seems a shame, as I'm really keen to get maximum visual for what is, after all, a gorgeous looking aircraft.

 

The problem is that even when running simplified visuals, any additional load (weather injection or even loading the next cabin announcement) causes a momentary drop in FPS. Most other aircraft I own recover perfectly, but the AS Airbus loses the plot entirely and will *never* settle down again. CTRL-C is my only option :(

 

Adam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam,

 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties, but you've literally said "I have a problem" didn't really provided us with any information so I'm going to ask you a few important questions.

 

1. Have you had the opportunity to read through the existing threads on how to troubleshoot and correct frame rates?

 

2. Are you certain that your older system meets the minimum requirements for the Airbus Pro?  Please post your system specs.

 

3. Are you running P3DV4.3 (minimum the Client and the Content components)?

 

4. Have you tried deleting your shaders and rebooting?

 

5. Have you updated to the latest version of the Airbus?

 

6. Are you using any P3D tweaks?

 

7. Are you using any custom/modified shaders? 

 

8. Are you using EZDoc?

 

9. When running P3D, are you also running other applications?

 

COMMENT:  Since you're running with very high graphics settings on an older system, I think it's safe to say that you can expect to have issues with frame rates with the Airbus.

 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our product is more depending one this because we do a lot on a frame by frame base. This has very good reasons and it is utterly impossible to change at this moment. With the recommended hardware there should be no problem meeting these demands (although with other add-ons and impossible settings you can ruin your fps for sure).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do see a small improvement with the latest experimental update, but suffering the same issue. I have digged into it, and at my PC it is due to AI traffic. If I enter an airport area < 80KM, P3D starts loading the AI aircraft causing a stutter, which is longer based on the amount of AI you have installed. For now I disable AI completely when taking off, and switching it on at final approach (on smaller airports) or after landing (at big hubs like EGLL or EDDF). Not idealm but workable. During the flight I use the Aerosoft ATC to get some chatter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main problem is i have 3 Monitors, i can#t switch to an other monitor because naturally the fps drops to low and it goes nuts, but i had to work on the others (Photoshop, Lightroom...) with other aircrafts it is no problem to let them fly, but the Aerosoft don't like it.  So i will use it after work ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Motormike said:

Main problem is i have 3 Monitors, i can#t switch to an other monitor because naturally the fps drops to low and it goes nuts, but i had to work on the others (Photoshop, Lightroom...) with other aircrafts it is no problem to let them fly, but the Aerosoft don't like it.  So i will use it after work ;) 

 

 

Well, I run 4 monitors on 1 graphics card, three 23" 1080 monitors and one 55 inch 4K and I have no issues whatsoever even when switching P3D between them (which I've only done during testing.

 

When you get a chance, would you please answer the questions I posted above?

 

Many thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Have you had the opportunity to read through the existing threads on how to troubleshoot and correct frame rates?

 

Yes

 

2. Are you certain that your older system meets the minimum requirements for the Airbus Pro?  Please post your system specs.

 

4790K 4.6GHZ, 1080TI, 32GB

 

3. Are you running P3DV4.3 (minimum the Client and the Content components)?

 

Yes

 

4. Have you tried deleting your shaders and rebooting?

 

Yes

 

5. Have you updated to the latest version of the Airbus?

 

Yes

 

6. Are you using any P3D tweaks?

 

Process Lasso https://bitsum.com/

 

7. Are you using any custom/modified shaders? 

 

PTA

 

8. Are you using EZDoc?

 

Chaseplane

 

9. When running P3D, are you also running other applications?

 

Yes, Photoshop, Lightroom, Video 

 

It just because i dont have this with any other palne if the the FPS drops...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties, but you've literally said "I have a problem" didn't really provided us with any information so I'm going to ask you a few important questions.

 

1. Have you had the opportunity to read through the existing threads on how to troubleshoot and correct frame rates?

2. Are you certain that your older system meets the minimum requirements for the Airbus Pro?  Please post your system specs.

3. Are you running P3DV4.3 (minimum the Client and the Content components)?

4. Have you tried deleting your shaders and rebooting?

5. Have you updated to the latest version of the Airbus?

6. Are you using any P3D tweaks?

7. Are you using any custom/modified shaders?

8. Are you using EZDoc?

9. When running P3D, are you also running other applications?

COMMENT:  Since you're running with very high graphics settings on an older system, I think it's safe to say that you can expect to have issues with frame rates with the Airbus.

 

Yes to Q1-Q5. No to Q8 and Q9.

 

My system specs are:
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

RAM:   8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
My C drive is a traditional HD, but my P3D drive is SSD. Thw Airbus was installed by default into C drive, but I've since copied the Simobjects over to my P3D/SSD drive (runs slightly better but the problem persists).
I run P3D with full admin access rights and with A/V disabled when flying.

My complete list of settings/specs can be found here: (LINK REMOVED FOR COMPUTER SECURITY REASONS.  STAFF WILL NOT CLICK ON THESE TYPES OF THIRD PARTY LINKS AND WILL REMOVE THEM FOR COMPUTER SECURITY REASONS.  PLEASE UPLOAD SCREEN SHOTS INSTEAD OF LINKS TO UPLOADED FILES).

 

Addons: FSUIPC, PTA, Chaseplane.

I'm aware some PTA settings can impact frame rates, but I generally avoid those.

 

I find it hard to accept that the Aerosoft Airbus is going to be the ONLY one that gives me grief ... or that it expects me to disable important (to me at least) add-ons that I find necessary to make P3D even vaguely what it should be at core level. I've been "flying" flights sims pretty well since they were invented - and am totally familiar with all the usual tweaking black magic - and how to [generally] optimise my PC for maximum performance. As I've said - the system works well with every other add-on.

 

If I can offer some (possibly useful info:

I can take off from a busy airport in a fairly dense ORBX area (typically NZAA, ORBX NZNI), climb out under autopilot over pretty dense terrain and have no problems. It's only when I'm settled into [almost] cruise level - 24k, above clouds, with no scenery visible, that the weirdness happens. I appear to get duplicated (cruise level) cabin announcements, so maybe the sound files being triggered is the straw that breaks the camel's back ... or there's something wrong with the sound files. I'll test with them disabled to see if it helps.

 

I'll also try with Chaseplane disabled to see whether there's a problem with that.

 

Adam.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all those having these problems: please try again with both "Cabin" and "Flight Deck" announcements disabled.

 

I thought I'd give it one more stress test before I started reconfiguring my whole system. The only thing I changed was in the sound options (above) - then retried the same [saved] scenario that was repeatedly giving me problems.

 

My usual (way too optimistic/maxed out) settings plus live weather supplied by OPUS. This is a short trip from NZAA to NZWN. As [bad] luck would have it, the weather was *rain* (it's winter down here). It really couldn't be worse - a real "worst case scenario".

 

Guess what ... the flight was totally problem-free - from start to finish - and that included a few weather injections/updates along the way.

 

Is it possible that the sound scripts are going into some sort of loop at certain times - or are clashing with other VC sounds? Or maybe the sound files themselves may need to optimised? All this is pure guesswork, of course!

 

Adam.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam, thanks for the information.  it's certainly possible this is happening and we'll have the development team look at this.

 

Thanks again for all your time and effort!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Adam, thanks for the information.  it's certainly possible this is happening and we'll have the development team look at this.

 

That's good to hear!!! As a matter of interest, I tried again - but this time using ActiveSky for live weather. Tempting fate again (all in a good cause), I kept the ActiveSky weather window open - and watched the Airbus travel happily down the map. I also went in and out of outside view a lot (generally not recommended). Looked great!!

 

Once again - no issues (YAY!). So ... I'm wondering whether on-board m/b sounds throw a wobbly if too many simultaneous channels/sound sources are thrown at it. I've never had any sound-related issues before, so have never felt the need to install a dedicated sound card.

 

I'm hoping it's *not* sound hardware related, as I expect there'll be many simmers out there using on-board cards. I'm placing my bets on a "divide by zero" error somewhere LOL!

 

Adam.

EDIT: I forgot to add in the previous post - that my sound is Realtek High Definition Audio (built in) - and with the latest drivers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE: Just to show it's not all "doom and gloom" ... here's the proof!

Adam.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Adam,

 

by reading through your previous posts I came up with another idea regarding your described problems.

To be honest I don’t think that the solution is based on the cabin sounds. During the beta process the Airbus was tested under some high condition scenarios to determine if there is a massive fps drop, that we eventually would need to take care off.

Therefore 3rd party add-ons (like Active Sky and REX Skyforce and ORbX) were also used on maxed out settings, which showed a significant fps drop only once completely high settings (like you wrote before) in all add-ons were used.

 

Could you please do me a favor and post a screenshot of your complete AS and REX setting so that we can check if it’s a texture-based issue?

 

Thanks!

Georg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Adam, have the same issues as you have described in your First Posting. Flying with Active Sky Next and have a average of 25fps on the Airbus. On every descent i can wait until the Airbus start to get Crazy as you have it. And i dont have these issues with other aircrafts like PMDG. I reduced already the turbulence settings in Active Sky but still with the same Problem. I will try it with switching off the sound files as you mentioned it.

 

cheers

mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue here, I have constant 30 FPS durig descent, but the  Airbus goes crazy every time...change vertical speed  from - 1500 to + 1500 in a second, it is really    annoying.I use Active Sky, tried to reduced trubulence settings in AS but didnt help.

 

No issue with another aircraft like PMDG, DASH 8.

 

Mefisssto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently have this problem but i narrowed it down to injection of AI.   When i enter say New York airspace (always quite congested) the sim injects more AI.   It takes a few seconds for Traffic Optimizer to catch up and eliminate them.   In this few seconds though the FPS drops to single digits and the Airbus goes haywire.   I did the tutorial and turned off AI.  Very little fluctuation.  Only a small fluctuation on a approach to Heathrow but I think that was because of FTX ENG autogen, UK2000 heathrow and a decent cloud cover.  

 

Guess it will just be lonely airports and skies when flying the bus.  But certainly not AS's issue.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

I currently have this problem but i narrowed it down to injection of AI.   When i enter say New York airspace (always quite congested) the sim injects more AI.   It takes a few seconds for Traffic Optimizer to catch up and eliminate them.   In this few seconds though the FPS drops to single digits and the Airbus goes haywire.   I did the tutorial and turned off AI.  Very little fluctuation.  Only a small fluctuation on a approach to Heathrow but I think that was because of FTX ENG autogen, UK2000 heathrow and a decent cloud cover.  

 

Guess it will just be lonely airports and skies when flying the bus.  But certainly not AS's issue.  

 

This is how I deal with it:

 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, Er!k said:

I do see a small improvement with the latest experimental update, but suffering the same issue. I have digged into it, and at my PC it is due to AI traffic. If I enter an airport area < 80KM, P3D starts loading the AI aircraft causing a stutter, which is longer based on the amount of AI you have installed. For now I disable AI completely when taking off, and switching it on at final approach (on smaller airports) or after landing (at big hubs like EGLL or EDDF). Not idealm but workable. During the flight I use the Aerosoft ATC to get some chatter...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, going through this right now.  Complete with barrel rolls.  I'm sure my system is up to snuff, even though I have an older CPU.  Approaching T-storms near Columbia, SC - no addon scenery in the area other than MegaScenery South Carolina and no AI traffic.  Had WX radar on. (I think that's what cause the drop in FPS - huge thunderstorm)

 

Specs:

A319 CFM v1.0.1.0

Core i7-940 cpu (2.93Ghz)

12GB DDR3 SDRAM

Win 7 64bit

EVGA GTX 1080 ti graphics (11GB) - 3 monitors

P3d v 4.3 on dedicated drive (4 TB)

AS for P3d v4

Navigraph charts desktop

 

Cleared the weather and am trying to recover, but FPS is still down at 3

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The times we have seen this it's been caused by three things (there could be more, but I've only seen three things cause it).

 

1. Bad install of P3DV4.3, including but not limited to only having updated the Client component going from P3DV4.2.

2. EZDoc not being updated to the Beta Version.

3. A bad install of the Airbus.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

1. Bad install of P3DV4.3, including but not limited to only having updated the Client component going from P3DV4.2.

2. EZDoc not being updated to the Beta Version.

3. A bad install of the Airbus.

1. Meticulously/thoroughly done in my case.

2. I don't use EZDoc, but it's possible Chaseplane may be having an effect.

3. How can the Airbus install be "bad"? Either installs or it doesn't <?>. What kind of errors during install are we (typically) looking at?

I installed to my system drive/user documents, with full admin access rights - and had no warnings. errors etc.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99% sure it is because framerates drop below the threshold we need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now