Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Jump to content
Motormike

Airbus goes nuts

Recommended Posts

Okay, that's weird then as I have never seen the terrain modules crash the sim with a standard config. I actually doubt the A318/A319 is involved.

Share this post


Link to post

Mathijs ... without going down the well-known tweaks "black art" path, are there any *specific* cfg tweaks that you think are the most common culprits?

 

I realise this can be a messy discussion - as everyone runs their system differently (for all sorts of reasons) - but if there any really obviously "dangerous" tweaks that affect the A318/A319 in particular, I'd be keen to know of them.

 

Of course, I understand some tweaks can affect performance in general and that the Airbus gets the blame as it may often be "the straw that broke the camel's back" ... but again - any help as to what to avoid would be most welcome.

Share this post


Link to post

90% of tweaks are intended to make things look better by giving a process more resources or to increase the amount of data is loaded. And that always increases the load on CPU and memory (people often forget that a square of 2x2 does not have double the surface of one that is 1x1, so increasing the radius of a parameter a bit can have a huge impact). 

 

But I am absolutely no expert. Sorry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

90% of tweaks are intended to make things look better by giving a process more resources or to increase the amount of data is loaded. And that always increases the load on CPU and memory (people often forget that a square of 2x2 does not have double the surface of one that is 1x1, so increasing the radius of a parameter a bit can have a huge impact).

 

Man, I couldn't possibly agree more.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still getting the porpoising, extreme climb and loss of control with Active Sky off.   

 

As another user mentioned when i did a flight with the A318 this did not occur.  

 

My FPS is well above 30. 

 

Flying route KBWI to KBNA.  

 

I guess i will try the client reinstall and airbus reinstall.  

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Don;t do the client re-install, do a full install. 

 

Any reason for full install?   Why would i need Content and Scenery?  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Reason is that the client only update is not as reliable as everybody would expect. Looking at the support cases, over 90% of all users, who made a client update only, could fix their problems by a complete reinstall of P3Dv4.3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2018 at 5:49 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

I hope no-one is taking my comments as *criticisms*. I'm used to beta-testing so tend to just call things out as I experience them (and offer wacky suggestions). I sometimes forget this is a *public* forum.

 

For past versions of P3D LM told customers that at a minimum the client component had to be uninstalled and reinstalled with the new Client. This changed with 4.3, where LM recommended doing this for the Vlient, Content and Scenery components. Given that is 3 of the 4 components, it just makes since (and may even be a bit faster and take less actions) to uninstall 4.2 and then do a full 4.3 install.  i recommend using the proxedure LM has for doing this... I'm on my phone right now so i cant provide the link to the P3D Forum, but that is where you will find it.

 

I hope you find this helpful.

 

Best wishes.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Here's a couple of quotes from Prepar3D_Download_and_Install_Instructions_v4.pdf

(I hope LM or Aerosoft don't mind this being quoted here).

 

=====================================================================

You can also update by doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of the entire application, but often that is not necessary or desired.

=====================================================================

 

[However .... Aerosoft recommend a full reinstall ...]

 

Uninstalling/Reinstalling Prepar3D v4
NOTE: This section only applies to those uninstalling/reinstalling Prepar3D v4. Uninstalling/reinstalling the Prepar3D should work as designed, but following these steps will help guarantee success.

 

1. You will want to back up any additional content or add-ons (models, scenery, configurations, etc.) before uninstalling Prepar3D. To begin uninstalling the Prepar3D application, go to your Start Menu, select Control Panel, and open Programs and Features. Select Prepar3D v4* from the list of programs and click the Uninstall button on the menu bar (the asterisk (*) is the Prepar3D v4 variant (Academic, Professional, or Professional Plus)). Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall Prepar3D. If you are simply looking to restore your Prepar3D installation, select the Repair option. That will fix the majority of user issues.

 

2. While the uninstaller removes all files that are created by the installer, it does not completely remove content that was generated during program execution. To completely uninstall Prepar3D, you must manually delete folders and files that are created during runtime. Please be sure to back up any changes you have made to any of the files in the folders. Now, please manually delete the following folders:
* C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 (or the modified install location)
* %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
* %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
* %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
* %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

 

3. Now you should restart your computer. After your computer has restarted, if you would like to reinstall, simply follow the Installing Prepar3D v4 section.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

No need to quote LMs instructions, Aerosoft is aware of this ;)

But as I said above: in over 90% of all problems a complete reinstall of P3D soved the issues. And this is a simply fact, whether you like it or not.

I myself also did only a client update, and had no problems at all. But when for those people having issues a complete reinstall solved it, it is quite obvious that something was wrong with their installation that could only be corrected by a fresh install of P3D.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mopperle said:

No need to quote LMs instructions, Aerosoft is aware of this ;)

But as I said above: in over 90% of all problems a complete reinstall of P3D soved the issues. And this is a simply fact, whether you like it or not.

I myself also did only a client update, and had no problems at all. But when for those people having issues a complete reinstall solved it, it is quite obvious that something was wrong with their installation that could only be corrected by a fresh install of P3D.

 

While I understand the difference between the two install methods, i just thought for second maybe someone knew that there might be a problem area outside the Client.   For 4.3, I updated Client and Content but not Scenery.  I doubt that the Scenery component is causing this issue.  My sim runs perfectly fine currently except this issue at cruise with the A319.  

 

I already did the Client uninstall/reinstall last night but I will do the same for Content and Scenery.  Or are you talking removing everything and use the Setup application?  Most guides, including LM's, I have read advise to use the component installers.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

in this case we are talking about a fresh install of the complete P3D and not a component update.

As said I only did client updates since 4.0 without any problems.

IMHO the cause for many of the reported problems is

- that people did not follow LMs guidelines

- that people installed other software (like shader tweaks) or did manual tweaks that edited/deleted/moved files which got not replaced/corrected by client/component updates only.

- Or in worst case the component updated does not work correct in certain situations.

Share this post


Link to post

Don't know if its still relevat but I had yesterday a "similar issue".

I saw that for the first time btw.

 

I was approaching Vaernes and (as usual) my sim stucks for 1-2 sec. if the airport is beeing loaded.

In that time, I got a shock-moment :D My Bus went crazy and I thought its over, but after the stuck was over, I corrected manually and continued my approach with AP on.

 

I don't know how I can fix that there is a smoother load of the airports, probably LM needs to adjust here some stuff.

Anyway, that was the first time I saw that "issue", I do not see it on bigger Airports like LSZH, EDDF... probably its a thing of the scenery too dont know :)

 

I can life with it :blowbubble_s:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I know this has been mentioned several times by the devs here on the forums about the FBW being linked to FPS.  But just curious if this was the case with the Airbus in P3D v3.  I would suffer the 1-2 second sim pause in v3 and then everything would continue just fine.  The Airbus was not effected one bit and was actually one of the more stable aircraft than my other payware.   Is there no way around this with the Airbus Pro?  Because the sim pause is kind of a fact of life for many P3D users or the occasional dip in FPS.   Especially since many run AI, weather engines, addon scenery, etc, etc.  

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yes it was exactly the same with the 32 bit versions, we used the same modules that are based on a frame by frame calculation there.

 

However I do not believe it is a big issue for many users at this moment, we see it a few times a week, but nothing that is different from the support we did in 2013 about this. Of course some of our test systems are also very much loaded to the gills and we simply do not see those issue on those machines, even though some weather tools that create (what are in our eyes) absolutely weird amounts of weather that you will simple never see (let alone feel) sometimes cause a verys small degradation in FPS, but never to levels that cause problems. The newest busses are certainly easier on resources then older versions (assuming the GPU is powerful enough).

 

I would keep a good resource manager open as you fly to see what process is eating up your CPU or GPU resources when a thing like this happens. Certainly apps that scan disks are 'dangerous' in this. On many systems accessing drives can cause serious drops in FPS. So look at backup tools etc. It could be an FS add-on but most certainly another thing as well. Just last week I found a system where a bios setting caused the OS to try to connect to a non existing RAID every 90 seconds causing it to use close to 90% CPU on 2 cores.  Just making sure the RAID was disabled in the BIOS solved the problem totally.

 

Also keep in mind that Win10 has far less of these issues then older OS's. It's simply better able to handle these events and can move them to less vital cores.

 

In the end, also try with a clear P3d.cfg. we seen a lot of people with silly tweaks that were advised on the internet (some that stopped working with FS2002!)a nd caused problems. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes it was exactly the same with the 32 bit versions, we used the same modules that are based on a frame by frame calculation there.

 

However I do not believe it is a big issue for many users at this moment, we see it a few times a week, but nothing that is different from the support we did in 2013 about this. Of course some of our test systems are also very much loaded to the gills and we simply do not see those issue on those machines, even though some weather tools that create (what are in our eyes) absolutely weird amounts of weather that you will simple never see (let alone feel) sometimes cause a verys small degradation in FPS, but never to levels that cause problems. The newest busses are certainly easier on resources then older versions (assuming the GPU is powerful enough).

 

I would keep a good resource manager open as you fly to see what process is eating up your CPU or GPU resources when a thing like this happens. Certainly apps that scan disks are 'dangerous' in this. On many systems accessing drives can cause serious drops in FPS. So look at backup tools etc. It could be an FS add-on but most certainly another thing as well. Just last week I found a system where a bios setting caused the OS to try to connect to a non existing RAID every 90 seconds causing it to use close to 90% CPU on 2 cores.  Just making sure the RAID was disabled in the BIOS solved the problem totally.

 

Also keep in mind that Win10 has far less of these issues then older OS's. It's simply better able to handle these events and can move them to less vital cores.

 

In the end, also try with a clear P3d.cfg. we seen a lot of people with silly tweaks that were advised on the internet (some that stopped working with FS2002!)a nd caused problems. 

 

Hi Mathijs, I am also struggling with this issue, and I have lot of custom AI which is probably causing this. Now I disable the AI in flight, but it kills immersion. Would it be possible to add an option in the 3rd MCDU that the sim pauses when the FPS reach below a certain number? Just like pause on TOD? In this case you can wait a few seconds until the sim has stabilized and then continue. Would be really nice!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I see the logic but it would defeat itself. See it would be a test that needs to run very very often and thus eating a lot of resources and thus reducing fps. Let me see if there is any way we can detect these events in an efficient way.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I see the logic but it would defeat itself. See it would be a test that needs to run very very often and thus eating a lot of resources and thus reducing fps. Let me see if there is any way we can detect these events in an efficient way.

Thanks for considering!

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same problem:(((. So the plane is impossible to fly.

 

I was really looking forward to the professional version, also because I had the problems in attenuated variant already in the P3D v3. In the professional version the problem is even worse.

 

With me it is also the only airplane, which has these problems. Fortunately! It would be really great if you could get this problem under control.

 

Currently it means for me that I can not buy the A330, because it cannot be flown. And I'm really keen on the big Airbus.

 

My system:

Processor: i7 2600k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - DDR3 1866 8GB - Operating system: Win10 64bit - P3D v4.3

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Stingrey said:

I have the same problem:(((. So the plane is impossible to fly.

 

I was really looking forward to the professional version, also because I had the problems in attenuated variant already in the P3D v3. In the professional version the problem is even worse.

 

With me it is also the only airplane, which has these problems. Fortunately! It would be really great if you could get this problem under control.

 

Currently it means for me that I can not buy the A330, because it cannot be flown. And I'm really keen on the big Airbus.

 

My system:

Processor: i7 2600k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - DDR3 1866 8GB - Operating system: Win10 64bit - P3D v4.3

 

 

Sorry to hear that you're having problems.

 

1. Would you please post screen shots (not Prepar3d.cfg file) of your P3D settings?  All settings please.

2. Are you using any software for AI Aircraft and if so which one?

3. At what point in the flight are you having frame rate issues (examples: always, on the ground, at takeoff, at approach, when entering within 18 miles of a payware airport, etc.).

4. What, if anything, do you use to monitor your frame rates?

5. Is your processor (CPU) or Graphics Processor overclocked?  If so, to what speed are they overclocked?

6. Are you using any P3D Tweaks or non-standard settings?  Please include Affinity Mask settings as well.

 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Exact same problem here. I never had this problem with the 32 bit version it's unique to the pro bus for me. And i've always used high settings with occasional fps drops.

 

Every time I take a screenshot I have a slight pause, which causes the aircraft to oscillate. Changing to Cinematic view on Chaseplane has the same effect. Then after a 3 hour flight yesterday I was descending through around FL240 just sitting in the cockpit when all hell broke loose and the airplane went into a steep climb and was nearing stall speed. After I recovered from the shock we were already back at 30,000 ft I just got fed up and quit. This was in the 321.

 

Honestly it's not good enough to tell people to reduce their settings etc. This plane behaves very strangely for me, not like any of my other aircraft, or the previous versions of it. I will try and post a video sometime along with my settings.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry but the 32 Bit version never had these problems with low frame rates.

Whats actually changed?

That plane flew like a champ even when the frame rate dipped to 10 when approaching LAX or Heathrow.

PMDG 737 and 777 which is way more complex than the A320  don't go nuts when the frame rate drops to 10. 

Share this post


Link to post

If the PMDG aircraft are faster and more fluid on the frames it almost certainly indicates that your graphics card (or settings) can't handle the model. Please keep in mind that comparing the PMDG aircraft that are basically 32 bit models to our models is not very useful. They actually use different parts of the sim to show. Now these parts are seriously more performant but on your system they clearly are slower.  However, that the previous version was stable at 10 fps is highly surprising, we simply never seen that.

 

On the same hardware (8 core system, 1070 graphics card) the new Airbus should be around 45% faster then the same view and settings in P3d V3. You will see the CPU and GPU use being considerably higher. If you check this forum you will find many comments on how much faster this version is, that confirms our own findings.

 

There is nothing we can do that would make your experience better. We would actually have to remove parts of the aircraft to make it faster on your system. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If the PMDG aircraft are faster and more fluid on the frames it almost certainly indicates that your graphics card (or settings) can't handle the model. Please keep in mind that comparing the PMDG aircraft that are basically 32 bit models to our models is not very useful. They actually use different parts of the sim to show. Now these parts are seriously more performant but on your system they clearly are slower.  However, that the previous version was stable at 10 fps is highly surprising, we simply never seen that.

 

On the same hardware (8 core system, 1070 graphics card) the new Airbus should be around 45% faster then the same view and settings in P3d V3. You will see the CPU and GPU use being considerably higher. If you check this forum you will find many comments on how much faster this version is, that confirms our own findings.

 

There is nothing we can do that would make your experience better. We would actually have to remove parts of the aircraft to make it faster on your system. 

 

I don't think it's about making the aircraft faster on our systems. It performs just fine FPS wise.

 

It's the other random things that cause frame drops during any flight that cause these weird issues with this aircraft, and this is something unique to this aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...