Combined IAE ATHR Issues Thread

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three quick tests with A320 IAE (2) and A320 CFM(1). Everything is working perfectly. Fantastic hotfix.

Thanks , Joshua and team.

Regards.

Miquel.

joshua

a quick question (slightly off topic) about the hotfix 1.21d ........ there are aircraft.cfg files included for the IAE aircraft but which seem no different to the SP1.21 files.

am i missing a difference ... i'd prefer to keep my existing which have extra aircraft etc !!

cheers
john

joshua

a quick question (slightly off topic) about the hotfix 1.21d ........ there are aircraft.cfg files included for the IAE aircraft but which seem no different to the SP1.21 files.

am i missing a difference ... i'd prefer to keep my existing which have extra aircraft etc !!

cheers

john

I would much rather be on the cautious side and advice you to install them. Its a simple copy and paste of the [FLTSIM.x] entries for the liveries.

Hi All. Flight test this morning as I was up early

A319 IAE Aircraft full up to date with all fixes.

EGPF-ENBR

ZFW.48881 Kgs

F. 11702Kgs

CI.22

Benign FSX wx used with surface wind calm NO ASN.

I particularly wanted to use the same weights even though this meant an inaccurate fuel load for this trip.

1. Departure and initial climb unremarkeable using FLX initial climb to 6000 QNH

2. Levelling at 6000ft No issue.

3.Climb to FL100 aircraft allowed to level and A/T performance stable and unremarkeable

4.Climb to FL230 aircraft allowed to level and A/T performance stable and unremarkeable.

5.Climb to cruising at FL370. A/T performance stable and unremarkeable.

6.Descent to FL270 and levelling absolutely no issue.

7.Descent to FL190 and levelling absolutely no issue.

8.Descent to FL90 and levelling absolutely no issue.

9.Speed reduction to 250kts no issue

10.Descent to 3000ft and decelleration to 220kts.

11.Descelleration to 160kts and then to Vapp 132kts with appropriate flap selections and undercarriage lowering handled well by A/T a nice smooth approach! Bergen looked beautiful this morning!

Conclusion.

1.This hotfix appears to have addressed all the previous A/T issues I was experiencing with this aircraft variant. Well done Joshua!

2.This variant appears to have performance issues in climb above FL200. Mach 'handover' was at FL313 by which time climb rate was 500FPM which then picked up slightly to 800FPM before fading again 500FPM when approaching CRZ of FL370. I do recognise that this not a feature which this hotfix was probably designed to address But thought I'd mention it as I can't help thinking this is rather sluggish.

3.I don't know if the previously reported issue of very low power when the aircraft is 'dirty' was tackled in this hotfix but on this approach the A/T controlled power settings nicely and did not reach idle when at Vapp as in my previous test flight of course this might be related to aircraft weight but I'll leave this by saying it was an enjoyable approach and, after all, that's why we do this Flight simulator thing.

4.Just as a personal point which others may agree or disagree with. I'd love to see a 'tweak' applied to address the taxy speed issue. Yes, I acknowledge the A319 does taxy on idle, however in the IAE variant it accellerates rapidly and needs almost constant brake use. I think that if it were toned down slightly it would more accurately simulate real life behaviour. I could be very wrong about this and stand to be corrected by any real life pilots but this is not my memory of how the aircraft behaved from numerous familiarisation flights.

Note.

My comments are only based on the A319IAE and how it performs on my system at the current state of modification. It is not intended to criticise results of any other flight tests or of Aerosoft. I'm just trying to be thorough in reporting my experience.

Really enjoyable flight this morning! Currently on stand 24 at Bergen, (Aerosoft), and enjoying a mug of tea. (Being a Brit it's the law)! Might do the return.

Regards.

Mike

Hello !

Same here, A320 CFM!

With calm winds absolutely smooth flight !! But with FSRGW and stronger cross-winds and headwinds I have noticed some swinging thrust, (not so worse like bevore, but only in winds with some specific degrees, and I changed in the settings throttle axis count back to 1), I will try some other flights and I´ll make a report!

(but in the meantime I went back to version 1.20 (before the hotfix 1.21d) and I´m in the moment not sure to which version I have applied the hotfix, so it could be also my mistake)!

Regards

Arnie!

Joshua Dev Team,

Credit where credit is due....thanks for the update so much better..well done everyone!

If anything and this is not a compliant...could the Brakes be a touch less effective...taxing at 19knts either CFM/IAE 319 one touch of the brakes.. I use a joystick leaver...and wham suddenly 3knots!!....just think of all those Business flyers getting drinks in their Laps!!!!!

Best

Test

A321 IAE

Weather online ASN

Managed climb/flight

YBAS-AYPY

Good weather

Fl 350

Engine Oscilation is persist, not that much but it is! The strange and new thing is short before TOC the plane goes from example climbrate +1100 to +1600 fast and short and than level off!

Max

Test

A321 IAE

Weather online ASN

Managed climb/flight

YBAS-AYPY

Good weather

Fl 350

Engine Oscilation is persist, not that much but it is! The strange and new thing is short before TOC the plane goes from example climbrate +1100 to +1600 fast and short and than level off!

Max

Completed flight with much improved A/THR. Smooth in all phases of flight with no oscillataion noticed. Used ASN real weather with turbulance set to 40%. Flight was "unremarkable".

Well done Joshua

p.s. Now if we could get the FD bars to be a bit smoother in their reponse to changes in heading, etc.

[...]

p.s. Now if we could get the FD bars to be a bit smoother in their reponse to changes in heading, etc.

Test flight from LCLK to LGAV flying the A320IAE went exceptionally well, meaning the dreadful "oscillations" did not make their appearance, plus, the previous issue related to speed management during approach seems to have been fixed. The only thing i'd like to add is actually what BruceU has already stated concerning the "agility" of the FD bars. in my humble opinion the FD bars should be made less "agile" or "sensitive", whatsoever. I believe the same applies for the bars indexing the N1 or EPR values.

i'm also good with the oscillations on level off, however I'm still experiencing an overshoot when selecting TO Thrust (in my case FLX thrust) with the a321 with IAE engines. It always overshoots the target FLX value by 2% N1 (can't remember the EPR) and then reduces thrust again. Can you have a look on this?

Archived