ASN SP1 + Aerosoft Airbus Frame Problem: Here an example

Martin Müller

Well this is strange. I previously had 335.23 installed on my system. Yup pretty outdated driver. Uninstalled Nvidias newest driver 344.11 and went back to 335.23 and I`m back to smooth 20+FPS in the VC at UK2000 EGPH and 30FPS at cruise with ASN SP1. There must be something with the newest Nvidia drivers not playing nice with FSX. Did they start supporting P3D V2.4? Maybe thats messing with something.

I will link this post to the other FPS issue thread and hope that it helps some of you guys out.

Doogie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

I think you have not tested ASN during your beta testing <_<

I took out my 737NGX , it's a shame ...

Almost all testers have ASN actually. We just do not have the issues you might see.

As the 737NGX does not have any weather radar you will most likely not have any problems in that aspect.

Btw. SP1 offers you new options to lower (or even remove) the radar scanning.

• Aerosoft

Even if it's a problem due to ASN, I do not have any other aircraft that I am using that cannot be used with ASN SP1 with, A320/A321 works great with it. no issues there.

It's a different aircraft, yes but I am sure developers are cable of making the A318/A319 just as compatible. I read over and over that the new Airbus A318/A319 weather radar works great with all weather program; then ASN is one of those. It is the preferred choice by many.

We are not sure it is really related to ASN as most of us use ASN and do not have these problems. We must have a few thousand A318/A319 customers who also have ASN and the vast majority seems to have little or no problems. So we do not belittle the issue, but until we can see it on our machines there is a limit to what we can do.

SP1 offers the people who are affected the most two new options to decrease the load of the weather radar or to disable it. Until we understand what is happening on the affected machines (and assuming we can do anything about it) that all we can offer.

We are not sure it is really related to ASN as most of us use ASN and do not have these problems. We must have a few thousand A318/A319 customers who also have ASN and the vast majority seems to have little or no problems. So we do not belittle the issue, but until we can see it on our machines there is a limit to what we can do.

SP1 offers the people who are affected the most two new options to decrease the load of the weather radar or to disable it. Until we understand what is happening on the affected machines (and assuming we can do anything about it) that all we can offer.

Well the strange thing is that one can reproduce the problem with ASN and as soon as one closes ASN; the problem is gone, so for for me it's clearly ASN but interesting what you wrote about developers using ASN too and not having the problem... all those who I talked to use ASN and have the problem. The things that ASN is accessing indirectly is probably difficult to diagnosis but nice to hear about those options ^

Would it be too much to ask if you already got in touch with HiFi Simulations? It's just comforting to know if you might look at the issue with them directly too, that is, if you find out is really is ASN.

Thank you

• Aerosoft

Well the strange thing is that one can reproduce the problem with ASN and as soon as one closes ASN; the problem is gone, so for for me it's clearly ASN but interesting what you wrote about developers using ASN too and not having the problem... all those who I talked to use ASN and have the problem. The things that ASN is accessing indirectly is probably difficult to diagnosis but nice to hear about those options ^

Would it be too much to ask if you already got in touch with HiFi Simulations? It's just comforting to know if you might look at the issue with them directly too, that is, if you find out is really is ASN.

Thank you

We've been in contact with some of their testers (who did not have these problems) so I assume they are aware.

Contacting directly is not easy because we can't replicate the issue and actually have no proof it is the combination with ASN that causes the problem. Now I know this sounds strange but keep in mind we do not communicate with any weather tool (like the PMDG 777 does) but actually read the weather in the sim. If another weathertool would insert the same weather pattern the effect on the affected machines would have to be exactly the same. We also have very conflicting reports. About half the people who have given us some detailed information had low FPS with ASN in the DEFAULT FSX Airbus. Exchanging that very simple aircraft with ours that has over 8 times the polygons and over 50 the code running clearly would result in problems. We now have SP1 out that has some changes. It also allows you to lower or disable the weather scanning. With feedback from the affected systems we'll finally have a clear idea if it is ASN or the weather that ASN puts out.

Of course I assume the affected customers have already contact the developers of ASN as on their machines the correlation is clear and the updates of ASN clearly affected things.

We've been in contact with some of their testers (who did not have these problems) so I assume they are aware.Of course I assume the affected customers have already contact the developers of ASN as on their machines the correlation is clear and the updates of ASN clearly affected things.

Of course I assume the affected customers have already contact the developers of ASN as on their machines the correlation is clear and the updates of ASN clearly affected things.

Assumptions can be a very a dangerous thing :D;) It would be also good to hear also from a developer at ASN but I will also check the HiFi forums and see if there is anything posted there about this issue, maybe then, if there is a post the developers can also comment. To be honest, I have not contacted ASN yet because I only have a problem with the A318/A319, so I figured it is a problem with this aircraft but I will contact ASN, as anyone can and share any info that I have.

Contacting directly is not easy because we can't replicate the issue and actually have no proof it is the combination with ASN that causes the problem. Now I know this sounds strange but keep in mind we do not communicate with any weather tool (like the PMDG 777 does) but actually read the weather in the sim. If another weathertool would insert the same weather pattern the effect on the affected machines would have to be exactly the same. We also have very conflicting reports. About half the people who have given us some detailed information had low FPS with ASN in the DEFAULT FSX Airbus. Exchanging that very simple aircraft with ours that has over 8 times the polygons and over 50 the code running clearly would result in problems. We now have SP1 out that has some changes. It also allows you to lower or disable the weather scanning. With feedback from the affected systems we'll finally have a clear idea if it is ASN or the weather that ASN puts out.

I have not tried the default Airbus in a while, ever since Aerosoft released the new Airbus but I will check my frames tonight and report back in the other thread, as you requested.

Here is are link to topics on HiFi Technologies about this issue, the first one with a comment from Damian Clark, Lead Developer ASN

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?3846-ASN-SP1-Aerosoft-A319-318-fps-problems

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?3860-ASN-SP1-and-Aerosoft-A318-319

I have found a solution to my problem, which was a previous solution by switching off "repeating overcast texture pattern fix" in ASN. Now fly's with no issues except for my brake problem on the IAE model(see separate post), I was getting single figures with weather radar on and now back up to the 30's frames again

I was getting better frames with the A318-19 V1.0 and the hotfix 1.02c 40fps + / just reloaded the new version V1.10 as per the instructions now back to 12-14fps not good..............

why such a big drop, What is the solution ??

I was getting better frames with the A318-19 V1.0 and the hotfix 1.02c 40fps + / just reloaded the new version V1.10 as per the instructions now back to 12-14fps not good..............

why such a big drop, What is the solution ??

Yeah same here. Reinstalled 1.0 with no hotfix, and with repeating cloud fix off in ASN the 319's performance is flyable (about the same as the Axe 320. The 319 SP1 though is a no go for me. I just have to always remember to start the flight first with the trike, otherwise FSX hangs trying to exit, not a big deal though as I don't use this addon that much.

Hi Mopperle

Yep that was the first thing I tried but no Joy still poor frame rates, Unticked the "overcast texture pattern fix" and hey presto everything great again.

It seems to be a ASN issue from SP1 I think, anyway I'm a happy camper ;)

Unticked the "overcast texture pattern fix" and hey presto everything great again.

Untick a fix that fixed another issue, to fix an issue with the Airbus, which brings back the issue of the repeating cloud of ASN... but this indicates that something is wrong here, that is fixed with the tick off, so as I wrote in the thread above over at HiFi Simulations, perhaps ASN is able to solve this in future versions.

I will try turning of the weather radar tonight, did you guys notice good performance without the radar scanning? This is not really a fix though, just a work around until maybe ASN fixes the issue? Who wants to miss out on this nice new feature? :D

I posted this on another thread but this can help some of you:

I had fps drops with ASN SP1 in bad weather, but since i updated my FSUIPC version to the latest (released on October 8th) that iusses were gone.

The guys of ASN confirmed that the previous versions of the fsuipc had issues, so you must update to the latest version, and disable any weather setting inside fsuipc options

Just back from uninstalling and installing the latest and the greatest A319 1.1, ASN SP1, FSGRW, FSUIPC. Here are my results.

At gate 101 at KLAX

Default trike

Trike: 60fps (60 is the limit set within FSX)

Trike + ASN: 60fps

Trike + FSGWN: 60fps

PMDG MD11

MD-11: 30fps

MD-11 + ASN: 30fps

MD-11 + FSGRW: 30fps

Aerosft's A319 (weather radat should be in the off position)

A319: 30fps

A319 + ASN: 14fps

A319 + FSGRW: 14fps

Tried both running the weather engines of the FSX computer and also on the laptop. Same results. I tried to fly with the 14fps, but it was a no go.

So the main point for me is, that this happens with 2 weather engines, not just ASN.

But I think the critical part is that a ASN modul is installed in FSX. Once it is installed it gives you a frame drop especially in foggy weather careless if you use ASN or different weather tool. You can also use a FSX weather theme to see the fps decrease. Best to test ist the theme "Fogged In".

For me it seems to be a complicate interaction between the wxr weather scan, a modified FSX.cfg and the ASN Modul which controls a few effects which made the sim of course look much better.

Try to deactivate the overcast pattern fix in ASN and do a retest with both weather engines.

Try to deactivate the overcast pattern fix in ASN and do a retest with both weather engines.

Thank you Holger. In my test scenario, the frames increased from 14fps to 24-26fps area after disabling the "Repeating overcast texture pattern fix"

Latest version of ASN and 318/319 - I see no fps issues :) I do not use WXR - that helps for sure

"deactivate the overcast pattern fix in ASN" - its not in the latest version of ASN - it has been removed

Seems to be fine, no stutter, no nothing.

Of course if we leave //WXBackgroundScan=2 with // we got more fps because background scan is disabled, after deleting //, and putting WXBackgroundScan=2 noticed a little fps down, but nothing bad, just got 3 - 5 fps down.

Generally is very smooth, and if it's smooth, we're ready to go. ASN SP1 + Airbus 1.11.

Good job.

I hope the overcast pattern fix is not removed from ASN as it improves the look of dense cloud formations in FSX enormously. With adjustable weather radar's preprocessing, it's now possible to have realistic overcast skies, wonderful baby buses and reasonably high FPS at the same time. Thank you, Aerosoft.

post-95231-0-88123700-1413663863_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

"deactivate the overcast pattern fix in ASN" - its not in the latest version of ASN - it has been removed

But only in the P3D version ;)

Archived