ASN SP1 + Aerosoft Airbus Frame Problem: Here an example

Martin Müller

I checked again with ASN SP1.

18fps on cruising altitude in virtual cockpit.

ASN SP1 + AS Airbus is definitly unflyable until this problem is is solved or the WXR is switchable.

So, I downgraded to ASN HF5, and now 40fps. It's the best solution at the moment if you want to fly A319/318.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked again with ASN SP1.

18fps on cruising altitude in virtual cockpit.

ASN SP1 + AS Airbus is definitly unflyable until this problem is is solved or the WXR is switchable.

So, I downgraded to ASN HF5, and now 40fps. It's the best solution at the moment if you want to fly A319/318.

Where did you got the old installer with HF5? I get only the newest with the SP. Thanks

Where did you got the old installer with HF5? I get only the newest with the SP. Thanks

I´ve made it like this: go on HIFI download webpage and type the changed version number (f.e. B5388 a.s.o.) in the link of the browser. Click on the latest link and then change link manually.

The fps drop doesn't appear using the mc q400 wheater radar and asn and I think they are using a wx not dedicated to asn maybe less complex of your but with this plane asn and wx no iussue

I can confirm this problem rises when I install ASN SP1. Simple fix - uninstall ASN + SP1, reinstall using the RTM installer.

HiFi has done something that I'm guessing interferes with the A319's weather radar, which cuts my FPS from 39 to 6. (yes, I typed that correctly, 39 to 6).

I am now using only ASN version 1.0 RTM and my FPS have gone back up to 39 ~ 45 FPS.

Cheers,

Henry

• Aerosoft

The fps drop doesn't appear using the mc q400 wheater radar and asn and I think they are using a wx not dedicated to asn maybe less complex of your but with this plane asn and wx no iussue

That weather radar does not detect rain, it just displays bitmaps that are suitable for the conditions.

Thank Mathijs for clarification us a strange bug yesterday I was flying during a thunderstorm and I I've no fps drop with radar on it occurs only when there is fog + rain at low altitude

Same issue for me, excellent FPS with the A318/319 + ASN before, no issues at all under any weather conditions, and now with ASN+SP1 the FPS are down to an average of around 17. I know this is still higher than some people are getting but its a serious drop from what it was before so something has definitely changed. No issues that I have found yet using ASN+SP1 with any other aircraft at all compared to the previous version.

And again you compare two aircraft that are not of the same modeling complexity. If your system is having problems reaching the FPS you ask (as you do not reach 38 fps with any model) I am not at all surprised of these results.

so the aerosoft bus has more complexity than the NGX model?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can't tell which one is more complex from a programmers point of view, but the bus comes with a feature which most definitely is complex (the WXR) and which does not exist in the NGX.

Also the bus comes with FBW...

Of course you can go and compare both products by their FPS, but from my point of view this is an invalid and useless comparison, as both a really not the same.

This is an interesting issue where one developer's update (e.g. HIFI's ASN SP1) has a detrimental impact on another developer's product (AS A319/318). One would hope that the developers could get together and try to sort it out rather than leaving it all to the user to decide which product to use.

• Aerosoft

This is an interesting issue where one developer's update (e.g. HIFI's ASN SP1) has a detrimental impact on another developer's product (AS A319/318). One would hope that the developers could get together and try to sort it out rather than leaving it all to the user to decide which product to use.

But our point of view is simple. We read the weather in FSX no matter what weather tool put it there. We do not communicate with any weather tool or anything. As long as the weather that is inserted is according to the MS FSX SDK we can read and interpret it. This works with all weather tools, including ASN. Now we got a few users (only 7 now assisted us in trying to find it) where the combination of ASN and our bus creates a problem.

Believe me that would be a very complex discussion between ASN devs and my devs. What they would agree on is to install a clean machine, clean windows, FSX SP2, Bus latest version and ASN latest version to start testing on. What we have been doing for two weeks now. Without seeing the problems. If the issue was repeatable on a cleanly installed machine both ASN devs and my devs would jump on the issue. But we just do not see it. It's just not there on our machines. Any change we do would be a utter and complete guess and I am sure nobody wants to waste time on that while there are so many great things to do.

I said this four times now but will say it again. We really understand the pain and frustration this causes, but until we can replicate the issue we are just fixing it by disabling features for a handful of people.

Well said John2!

It's a shame the response from Aerosoft is so dissapointing like with everything else.

Dear Matijas and beta testers,

Thank you for all your efforts, I do appreciate the work and troubleshooting ... especially since the A318/A319 looks so fantastic, I soon want to use it as regular as the A320/A321 but am also having problems with the FPS with ASN.

Even if it's a problem due to ASN, I do not have any other aircraft that I am using that cannot be used with ASN SP1 with, A320/A321 works great with it. no issues there.

It's a different aircraft, yes but I am sure developers are cable of making the A318/A319 just as compatible. I read over and over that the new Airbus A318/A319 weather radar works great with all weather program; then ASN is one of those. It is the preferred choice by many.

With the A318/A319 the frame drops so low that the FSX becomes so laggy, it is almost unusable to fly. I expect Aerosoft to not belittle this problem, as clearly ASN is a very popular choice, even if you say only over 11% are using it... with all the people I fly Online and from my circle of communications, I would say that at least 80% are using ASN, and all those with A318/A319 have problems with low frames. It seems to be currently the product of choice in weather engines. I am sure that ASN, as well as Aerosoft has an interest in solving this, as it's in your own interest. I do hope you can work with HiFi Simulations to find the issue, is this something you are already doing?

I hope we don't get into a discussion here about how to get more frames with specific settings in FSX (or ASN) that help not decrease frames, there is plenty of information on the forums about this already, because that is not the issue, this is clearly an incompatibility with ASN and the Airbus A318/A319 but then again I am sure you can say more.

Thank you and kind regards,

Joe

I never had an issue with the A318/19 and ASN SP1 until this morning. Now my FPS have dropped from locked 30fps at cruise to 9 fps. What did I change this morning?

Well I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest for my card doing a clean install of them then re importing my Nvidia Inspector settings for FSX. I was previously running a driver from April this year and should have a back up of it. Once I uninstall this new driver and go back to my previous one I will let you know how my FPS are.

I`m not someone that watches the FPS counter at all in FSX bit when I was taxing out of my local, EGPH UK2000 I was down to 3 FPS at times, I`m usually at 20 or above in heavy WX at that airport and it was wet and overcast this morning.

Doogie

Yes I do the same Doogie, I don't monitor the FPS too much, unless the performance drops so low, I can notice it, then I turn the red text on and check to see what the current FPS is. I roughly have an idea how much I usually get when flying... though it depends on the scenery too. This issue has not much to do with scenery though because for example, I was at a default airport with no scenery around yesterday doing some A318/A319 testing and frames dropped well low when turning on ASN SP1, but again, only with the A319 (did not try the A318 at this airport).

Archived