ASN SP1 + Aerosoft Airbus Frame Problem: Here an example

Martin Müller

I'm hoping that things can be improved that one can still use ASN with the pattern fix on and the A318/A319 with the same performance as the A320/A321, which runs okay on my PC. Well at least turning off the scanning and pattern fix are options while investigations are still going on :-)

May I kindly ask people who have the same issues to contribute to the threads that Mathijs started for investigation:

Framerate issues, help us out

Thanks!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course if we leave //WXBackgroundScan=2 with // we got more fps because background scan is disabled, after deleting //, and putting WXBackgroundScan=2 noticed a little fps down, but nothing bad, just got 3 - 5 fps down.

Hm, are you sure...? Afaik the option is on by default: if you do not touch this file, nothing is changed and the weather radar works, including the background scan. Removing the red // only enables the option to use other modes. If you leave the // in the ini, the weather radar will work in full mode as it did before this option was available. At least, that's how I understood it.

Kostas Terzides replied with some more details about the ASN pattern fix and why it's recommended to stay on. Unfortunately team HiFi is unable to help solve this issue because they do not see it as an ASN bug, which it might not be, as reading here in the forums, someone was using FSGRW with the same frame drop that some of us are experiencing with ASN SP1.

Kostas Terzides replied with some more details about the ASN pattern fix and why it's recommended to stay on. Unfortunately team HiFi is unable to help solve this issue because they do not see it as an ASN bug, which it might not be, as reading here in the forums, someone was using FSGRW with the same frame drop that some of us are experiencing with ASN SP1.

That is correct. I disabled the ASN pattern fix and now doing a test flight from EIDW to LFMN with FSGRW (DX10 with cockpit shadows enabled).

1) "Terrain on ND" is disabled, weather radar is off. Frames are wild. Jumping between 22 and 32. Sometimes dipping as low as 6 fps.

2) "Terrain on ND" is enabled, weather radar is off. Frames are wild. Jumping between 21 and 33. Sometimes dipping as low as 10 fps.

3) 2) "Terrain on ND" is disabled, weather radar is on. Frames are wild. Jumping between 17 and 33. Sometimes dipping as low as 4 fps.

The frames are at cruise. During climb, the frames never went above 19fps. Mostly 14-18fps when moving on the ground.

EDIT: I have Fiber Accelerator running in the background at is has disabled everything terrain related to keep these frames up. I also checked my GTX580 and it's GPU usage is sitting at 35% and 800MB of free memory. Also cpu (4.4GHz) is "normal". Core 1 at 100% and cores 2 and 3 at about 55%

EDIT #2: With A320 I have frames steady at 30 or above.

Gents, if you suffer from low or fluctuating FPS, I recommend to activate the option WXBackgroundScan=0 in AB_ND_GDI.ini. It disables the weather data PREprocessing which provides the advantage of zero FPS impact when the radar is switched off in the cockpit. The equipment is still fully functional, it only needs some time to initialize (less than 20 seconds on my system). It means you can decide when to use the radar and when to maintain the highest FPS. There's nothing wrong with that, in FSX it's never possible to have all the bells and whistles at the same time, especially on systems with many advanced addons and tweaks.

Roman

Good point sbs9. I find that the load on my system is highest while I am parked at a gate and taxiing. Eliminating the WX background processing prior to climb will save resources. Furthermore, I wonder if weather radar is all that necessary within the confines of the airport.

Graham

Hi Graham, I think the radar is useful anytime when adverse weather is a factor, usually to avoid cumulonimbus structures. Details can be found in the following document: http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/files/safety_library_items/AirbusSafetyLib_-FLT_OPS-ADV_WX-SEQ07.pdf. I'm happy that with WXBackgroundScan=0 this cool tool consumes no fps when off and is available after 20 seconds when needed. I really love this option :)

Roman

Thanks for the info Roman. I'll read that, if my attention deficit syndrome doesn't strangle me. The more time I spend on Aerosoft's site, the more impressed I become. There are differences of opinion and exchanges...yes. But there seems to be a civilized approach here. And the Aerosoft folks while not lackadaisical, don't walk around with vice grips either. Just as important, nobody's cheap with information. All in all, pretty good.

Graham

Hi together,
by now I was reading only this discussion, because until now I hadn´t issues with the A318/319.
After a clean install of my FSX several days ago (to get rid of the garbage that is getting on the FSX with the time, with the installation of too many addons), the FSX is running better than ever before with all Aicrafts (also the Airbus Xtended)....
- Except of the AirbusX 318/319.
It has such a BIG Framerate drop (down to 3-4 FPS and no. I am not such a Framerate Watcher. I am just flying ;)). But 3-4 are not playable anymore.
Before my new installation of the FSX the A319 was running fine.
So because of the circumstance that all aircrafts are running fine (with sure completely other patterns and models, (maybe exept of the Airbus Xtended)) I think I can Identify the WX Radar Module of the Airbus 318/319 to be the FPS Killer.
because of (in my opinion) the following things:
- No other Aircraft is using this technology
- before the reinstallation of my FSX it worked fine, but then it was also not the SP1 Version of the Airbus, And as I saw several things was mostly changed in the WX module in the SP1)
I am also a dev (not in the Game Sector) and the behavior seems to me like a RAM Bleed Bug of the WX module. I is starting without stuttering. Then the VAS is getting fuller and fuller (one time until an OOM)
As we learned many times before in the past. that almost every machine these days could run the FSX smoothly with all without Problems if there wouldn´t be the VAS 32 Bit Cage of 4 Gig RAM.
@Mathijs: Could you please (as it was not done until now) consider this and discuss this with your devs`Thanks very much.
Many Greetings,
Jens
My System
What version of the A318/A319 are you using? A318/319 SP1
What model are you flying? IAE A319 /CFM A319
What is you simulator? FSX or P3D etc FSX Acceleration
What is your weather tool? (beta versions?) ASN SP1
What other add-ons are running when you tested? Ultimate Terrain X, FTX Global, German Airport Series, German Landmarks X, German Airfields
What is your FPS with the default Airbus under the same condition? 30 Locked
Are you using a laptop? No
What is your OS? Windows 7 Professional x64
What is your CPU? Intel i5 4.2 o´ced
What is your GPU? Nvidia 7600 GTX

• Aerosoft

We have tested extensively on memory bleed but have never found any difference between a clean FSX and one with the A318/A319 included. If it happens on your system and other causes are excluded it would indicate something special.

With the latest files we seem to have fixed the issue with nearly all customers. We have 4 reports left open with extremely low FPS as you report (one of them unclear if the update to 1.12b is done). Yours makes the fifth. We are trying to combine them here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87224-framerate-issues-combination-topic-revisited/ to see if there is any combined setting or anything else that explain them. So far nothing comes to mind.

What we are pretty sure of is that connection to simconnect is involved, it's the only logical thing and we have had several people who saw FPS go back to normal after re-installing simconnect.

Hi John2,

if i remember right, simconnect was part of the FSX Service Pack 1. May be a reinstall of the Service Pack can repair simconnect.

But I´m not quite shure about this.

• Aerosoft

How do you reinstall simconnect? I don't recall ever installing it. Is it part of FSX?

There seems to be a lot of information about that, but personally I have never done any of that.

https://www.google.fr/search?q=reinstall+simconnect&oq=reinstall+simconnect&aqs=chrome..69i57.600j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I am having the same issue with the A318/A319 (10-15 fps). I must only use AXE 320 (40-55 fps)... Tested on: i5-3570K 4.2 GHz / 16 GB Ram 2132 MHz / Radeon R9 200 / Corsair Force SSD

Hi Mathijs

Thank you for your advice. I have read this link http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88374-framerate-issues-revisited-again/

When I set the option: WXBackgroundScan=0 everything works fine. But if I turn on the radar manualy the FPS drops to 12-16.

I am forced to use the radar from time to time... :)

PMDG and Ifly have shown how it works without impact ;-)

It's simple:

At Aerosoft, all ASN users don't have any benefit from the weather-radar (cause must switch off regarding fps impact).

At PMDG and Ifly, Only ASN Users have benefit from the weather radar. (cause it only works with ASN).

• Aerosoft

At Aerosoft, all ASN users don't have any benefit from the weather-radar (cause must switch off regarding fps impact).

Nonsense. We got thousands of people who do not have problems and a handful that do.

Let's continue this here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88374-framerate-issues-revisited-again/

Archived