---> Framerate issues, combination topic

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

Well of course Mathijs I was referring to my PC and I will be the first to admit that it is not a very new PC. I am sure that you are right that I am the only one left with seriously low framerates when the wx radar is turned on; however, it is also true that the A319 is the only aircraft where I have this problem and I do not have problems with other addons including the PMDG 777 and the Majestic Q400 which are both reasonably complex sims. Your suggestion that the "easy" solution is to re-install FSX surprised me. It has taken me hundreds of hours to get FSX stable with lots of addons and tweaking - to go back to square zero is for me not a realistic option. Let's hope that we find a better solution.

Regards,

John.

I absolutely agree with you that reinstalling FSX because of a problem with only one aircraft is out of question. I have over 160 sceneries (payware and freeware), over 200 AFCAD files (almost all modified and updated to latest AIRAC) and several aircraft, so starting from scratch is not an option. With all this installed and enabled, free VAS is never below 2000MB and never had an OOM CTD. Using AXE A320, complex sceneries and extreme weather, FPS almost never fall below 20. Just tested with new hotfix_2 and A319, with clear weather my FPS are 40-60 (same as with AXE), but with low visibility and overcast FPS dive to 7-11. And again, it happens only with A318/A319.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning Gentleman,

for me here it is the same as Major was discribing the situation. Yesterday I did some flights in the US with A319 and the Hotfix 1.02. Due to the fact that there was no cloud to be found over most of the US I had no Frame issues, everything went fine. And I flew from one Mega Hub to another ( KLAX, KSFO,KDEN,KDFW) all addon scenery.

Today I set my plane to EDDM to fly a short trip to EDDH. In Munich the weather overcast and foggy. From the beginning on at the gate cold and dark only 4-7 frames!! And it doesn´t matter what weather addon I use, FSGW or ASN and also the standard themes in FSX! deleting all weather, I have again super frames!!

So Aerosoft I would suggest to end the story with a weather radar. And please don´t tell us anymore we should use a clean FSX! what is this a kind of a Idea?? by the way, most of the simmers they use a huge amount of scenerys and program done by Aerosoft!!

I don´t want to have any trouble here, but my suggestion is, one ND for users who can use the weather radar and maybe another one for those who are not able to do so.

regards

Peter

just additonal: I was so lucky that I have the old test replacement ND.DLL and so I use this one now again. With this DLL no problems, good frames in EDDM with overcast condition. Either with ASN and FSGW.

But I am not sure if Aeosoft will help here in the future, cause I am only one of the 0,00001 percent of customers who has this problem! Anyway besides this issue quite a good product an I will get used to a test version only ND in my Airbus cockpit!!

Peter

Today i test the new hotfix. I have unstable frames in foggy condition as well before with ASN. The frames are between 8 and 30. This without any moving plane. Cockpit configuration is turnaround state. Without outside view, only fixed to the panel, the frames going up and down like a roller coaster... I can understand if the plane is moving with different outside view, that fsx load textures or other things, that frames drops. But if i have a still view on the panel without moving aircraft and without outside view. So i can't understand why the frames drop extremely down.

Frames are stable at 18 then drops down to 8-9 then comes up to 15-16 and stay a while there. Thereafter the frames comes up to 30 for a few seconds and then drop down to 15-16 a few seconds and then goes down to 8-9. This happens in foggy conditions, like EDDV at this morning.

Unfortunately. I also have to report that with Hotfix 1_02, my poor frames are back. I too have reverted to the 'test' ND and ECAM and once again have high frames again.

Perhaps there can be something put in to the configurator so that people can 'toggle' between the full functionality of the WX system, and partial functionality from having the 'test' ND and ECAM ?

So, like :-

Please select your WX functionality :-

• Full WX functionality (FPS hit)
  • Partial WX functionality (Easier on FPS)

Ok Gents,

Install the Hotfix V1.02, then try the files on the first page - installed one by one with fps test in between.

Installed Hotfix v1.02 and AB_ND_GDI.dll v1.3.0.28. Loaded weather which previously ditched FPS to single digit. With this combination FPS were 20-30, most of the time arround 25. :excellenttext_s:

Hi Major,

that is also fine for me this setting but did not solve our Problem. I tested also to use the normal ND dll with the alternate ECAM dll. Exactly the same drop in fps. The problem is definitiv the ND dll and not the EICAM dll. For me the thing with the WXR into the Airbus has finished. Only bit I have is that Aerosoft gives us a ND dll without the test image in it.

Sad but true....

I am Lucky i diddent buy it yet. I use P3D 2.4 now PMDG arround 35 fps on the ground. I read a lot of fps drops with Aerosoft Airbusses....I will buy it if this isue is solved...

Regards Arnold.

Personally i think the option of re installing FSX, sceneries etc is not an option a developer should suggest.

As many of the customers including myself have no issues with any other scenery/aircraft nor the A320/321 it's rather arrogant to say the problem lies with the customers machine.

I did a clean install 3 weeks ago, installed the a319 and BAM, frame drop issues. Again only with this model, To say that only a small percentage has this issue and re installing FSXis the solution makes me doubt the problem solving skills of Aerosoft.

To say that only 5% of your costumers use ASN should tell you that you market share is dramatically low, Every simmer who flies an PMDG aircraft (let's say virtually everyone) has ASN. especially now with the 777.

I find it ignorant to say that only 40 people complained so it must be our systems, really?, i don't expect an update today, even not tomorrow, just say we are looking into in and we will let you know. rather than it's only a few people, re install FSX and good luck.

I understand that it is a complex sim all together but the problem lies with the product you sell, not the machine i have (which is brand new by the way), i'm curious whether this standpoint will change in the future.

If not it will definitely be the last product i bought from you guys.

Consider this as constructive and try to ignore any emotion from my side.

Regards,

Mark

Hello,

Unfortunately I have to say, that I`m also suffering from poor frame rates only with 318/319 model. The frames are especially in WX-Radar mode and with ASN on very low (5-10).

Without wx-radar the framerates are about 15-20 frames/sec. When flying I got acceptable 20-25 frames, but the weather radar quit working then. I installed the newest hotfix (1.02),

but frames are little lower than before. I want to test Joshuas ND.dll (test) with this hotfix. I reinstalled airbus 318 completely new.

In my case I think my weak and old hardware is the key. But I see that people using stronger machines (I7 etc.) have this issue also. So I´m not sure if I fix the problem, when I upgrade my hardware(will do that next month) My hardware is: Core2 duo 3 Ghz, GTX 260 Nvidia with 2 GB VRAM and 4 GB Ram on a win 7 64 bit machine. This is more than 4 yo, but I got acceptable framerates with the 320 bus, also in Megairports like Oslo. Maybe it t will be better with my new pc next month.

Despite all problems with the framerate I like this aircraft very much.

Greetings Axel

Ok Gents,

Install the Hotfix V1.02, then try the files on the first page - installed one by one with fps test in between.

Hi Joshua,

Here are my results from the above test.

Scenario: Airbus A318/9 in FSX, with medium settings, using Opus FSX, at Aerosoft Leipzig/Halle, at the gate.

A318/9 with Hotfix 1.02 only: average 21 FPS (with wide range of fluctuating drops, down as low as 4 FPS).

A318/9 with Hotfix 1.02 + Test ECAM only: average 24 FPS (locked at 30 FPS). Some drops, as low as 15 FPS but generally stable

A318/9 with Hotfix 1.02 + Test ND only: average 29.9 FPS (locked at 30 FPS). Very stable frames with no drops.

A318/9 with Hotfix 1.02 + Test ECAM and Test ND: average 29.9 FPS (locked at 30 FPS). Very stable frames with no drops.

All above are with WX turned off. Turning Terrain on has no noticeable affect on FPS for me.

• Aerosoft

Personally i think the option of re installing FSX, sceneries etc is not an option a developer should suggest.

As many of the customers including myself have no issues with any other scenery/aircraft nor the A320/321 it's rather arrogant to say the problem lies with the customers machine.

What possible other conclusion is there when it works with thousands and not with a handful (14 at latest count)? That's not arrogant but a logical conclusion. I fully understand it is not a nice thing to accept and I have been in exactly the same situation with one or two add-ons myself. But the facts are simple and only have one logical conclusion.

What possible other conclusion is there when it works with thousands and not with a handful (14 at latest count)? That's not arrogant but a logical conclusion. I fully understand it is not a nice thing to accept and I have been in exactly the same situation with one or two add-ons myself. But the facts are simple and only have one logical conclusion.

Hello Mathijs,

I´ll give it a try. A "virgin" FSX can`t be bad. But this is a lot to do. The good thing is, that all the Aerosoft products have no activation (serial) limitations. I assume I have more than 20 Addons to reinstall, but there are people with hundred or more addons. In case I´ll get a better framerate on a fresh FSX, only with the A 318/319 installed I will report it here.

Regards

• Aerosoft

Axel, it is a royal pain in the neck, I fully agree. Even on my pretty clean installation it takes a few hours and I can fully understand if some people way that it is not worth it for one add-on.

However, I always make a backup of the virgin (and patched) FSX/P3D right after installing it. After that I make weekly incremental backups so if there is a problem I can step back to see where the problem started. That does help a bit.

Thanks For your reply Mathijs.

However, you produce an add-on that has problems, even with a small amount of costumers, why would it be hard to say we appreciate the feedback and looking for an solution?

Installing fsx as an solution for a product you sell isn't a solution but a quick fix. What happens when those people are rebuilding there fsx again? Bet you they gonna have the same problems again.

You should look in to the things only a few people have instead of focussing on the majority who has no problems. It's more important to solve the issues for the few who speak up than the majority who don't. Something you call mouth to mouth advertising.

Keep it positive but please stop focussing on the majority and speak up for those who reach out to you and ask for an appropriate solution other than reinstalling fsx, rebuilding everything just to find the problem still persists.

Regards,

Mark

Dear Mr. Kok,

14 are 14 to much, what do you think about this? I also do not believe that there are only 14 ones outside. Can rembember close to the release of the Airbus 319 I saw a beta video done by one of your " house " testers, Mr. frogglesim. He approached a huge build up in front ( can not remember what kind of weather add on he used ) but his command was " oh, frames getting bad, thats the WXR, so I turn it off now ". This is evidence for me enough to believe that there are issues with it.

Don´t take me wrong here, I like the plane very much and I also use a huge amount of Aerosoft products, but I am also one of your non favourit German customers who will critism if there ist something to do so! And your statement above is not very customer friendly. May you think such things, but telling them here in a problem thread, I don´t know.

So for me the WXR story is over now. Not working and no sollution by Aerosoft. Thousands of happy customers from the US to Kamtchatka and only 14 unconfortable users " aus dem kleinen gallischen Dorf Deutschland". But I will not blame Aerosoft at all, lets see what further produkts will bring to us.

My last question on this as I mentioned before. Please give us the Test ND dll ( suppose it ist the old one frome the AXE ) without the Text image at the bottom. That would be very kind as a last duty for us poor 14 !!

sincerely

Peter

• Aerosoft

14 are 14 to much, what do you think about this? I also do not believe that there are only 14 ones outside. Can rembember close to the release of the Airbus 319 I saw a beta video done by one of your " house " testers, Mr. frogglesim. He approached a huge build up in front ( can not remember what kind of weather add on he used ) but his command was " oh, frames getting bad, thats the WXR, so I turn it off now ". This is evidence for me enough to believe that there are issues with it.

14 are 14 too much. You are absolutely right there.

But look at a customer who I assisted this morning. His left MCDU and ND screen would simply not work. We spend over 30 emails trying to figure out what could cause it and simply did not find it. Because this was a rather special issue and the machine was intended for a show we logged into the machine and found out that a somebody had manually copied a load of 32 bit files on the 64 bit machine. There were also several default files of FSX that were non standard. We shipped a machine to him for his presentation and told him we would not support him anymore on getting the bus to run on his machine. It's not unreasonable to expect a Windows that is okay and an FSX that is not changed in such ways that even important default files like the interpreter of the flight model is not standard.

Another customer who had extremely low fps and graphical issues written that he had done everything we asked. One of these things was to make sure SP2 was correctly installed. When I asked him for some file details it was clear that he did NOT have SP2 re-installed. He now did and his problems are solved.

So while our changes in the files have helped some users, the majority of people who had problems and do not have problems anymore fixed it by fixing their setup. That's why we gone from somewhere around 30 to 14 known users now (if there are more and they do not report here there is not a lot we can do for them).

Again, we are simply NOT able to recreate the problems on our machines so while we have some ideas where the problems are finding a work around or the reason (so we can advise the user what to fix) is extremely hard. We had several people working this for many days now, not fixing the code but trying to figure out what happens to a fraction of the customers.

We'll never sort out all these issues. I can't run the PMDG 737 on one of my machines. Never been able to find out why. It's just not worth to reformat the thing just for that issue. But I know damned well that PMDG is not to blame.

Dear Mr. Kok,

thanks for your statement. I can understand that it is not achievable for Aerosoft to help every individual with their problems. And generaly spoken your support here is very good, no question about that. I just installed the latest fix right now and will try another flight this evening. Otherwise as said I will forgett the WXR. Not a big problem, I like the plane. Is it possible to have the Test ND without test image?

But I still believe the issue is not an individual problem by my system. We both will see what the upcoming users will report. Maybe you will remember my words in a few month!!! ( don´t take this seriosly!! ) grins.

regards

Peter

• Aerosoft

Installing fsx as an solution for a product you sell isn't a solution but a quick fix. What happens when those people are rebuilding there fsx again? Bet you they gonna have the same problems again.

You should look in to the things only a few people have instead of focussing on the majority who has no problems. It's more important to solve the issues for the few who speak up than the majority who don't. Something you call mouth to mouth advertising.

Heck you got no idea how much resources (=money and slowing down of development) we dumped into solving the issues of a very small amount of people. Believe me, from a commercial point of view that's money wasted.

And indeed if you install EXACTLY the same there is a chance that you run into the same problem. And that means our product is not compatible with your setup. After selling hundreds of thousands of add-ons I can however say that I can't even remember such an series of events.

I'm not saying you should reformat your disk. I am just saying we are almost 100% sure that that will solve your problem. It is utterly impossible for any add-on builder to make a complex add-on that runs on all machines. As we sold all PMDG product in box and get the copies people bring back to the stores when things don't run I can make a comparison. They got the same issues. And just as we, they know that you simply can not make it work on all machines. On a clean Windows with a clean FSX, sure. Guaranteed. If you want to call that a quick fix, by all means. I do not agree however. I got many thousands of customers who can tell you the products runs fine.

We got a list of customers of roughly 150 customers who were never able to run Airbus Extended and who did not want to accept the fact that something was non standard on their machines. We often offer them a replacement product, if they have been helpful. Unfortunately our experiences with that are not terribly good as often the new add-on also causes problems.

• Aerosoft

Dear Mr. Kok,

thanks for your statement. I can understand that it is not achievable for Aerosoft to help every individual with their problems. And generaly spoken your support here is very good, no question about that. I just installed the latest fix right now and will try another flight this evening. Otherwise as said I will forgett the WXR. Not a big problem, I like the plane. Is it possible to have the Test ND without test image?

But I still believe the issue is not an individual problem by my system. We both will see what the upcoming users will report. Maybe you will remember my words in a few month!!! ( don´t take this seriosly!! ) grins.

regards

Peter

You mean without the TEST text?

Hi,

I just wanted to report back that with hotfix 1.02 my issues are mostly gone. The frames of the IAE version are now roughly the same as with the CFM version, and they are stable in a good range. WX still has a noticeable impact on frame rates though, but this happens with both version.

Kind regards,

Juergen

You mean without the TEST text?

I think that is exactly what he mean. And that is the same what i like to have if possible. For me it was the solution with the TEST dll...

So if the TEST text will remove, you have only 13 People on your List :-)

Sven

Archived