Dublin and constant OOMs

JayWatson

Hi.

I bought Dublin airport last night and I noticed immediately that attempting to taxi from the ramp quite soon after beginning the journey I get an OOM.

I turned down UT2 to about 50% but I still seem to run into the dreaded OOM quite quickly and frequently.

I have a Win 7 64Bit OS with 16GB of RAM (incidental information is i7 4770K @ 4.3Ghz with a GTX780) and I don't seem to ecounter this problem with any of my other airports.

Is Dublin a known resource-hungry airport?

Thanks.

Same as.. I'm getting everytime I load up with a half decent aircraft. It's fine with the default aircraft but when I switch to the NGX or Airbus X.. OOM

Dude, come on, really? That's your advice? Use HIGHMEMFIX and you are all golden?

You read the thread and saw that there was at least one other person with the same issue, so it just never occurred to you that maybe this fellow has a valid question?

Are either of you running Steve's DX10 Fixer?

I just picked up EIDW myself but I flew in there with modified default 737, so I did OK. I'll have to test it with a payware addon aircraft to see how it behaves.

Jay,

Here is a good thread going here. Please take a look. Might be the high-end 2k textures.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/79725-mega-airport-dublin-performance-issues/

Thanks Ripcord.

I think that this is more than likely the issue and running with 1K textures is fine by me. I don't run DX10 anymore as since I upgraded my PC a few months ago I decided to stick to the native and complete (relatively speaking) implementation of FSX. Another thing I prefer on DX9 over DX10 is that I don't see "sparkly" objects anymore.

Once support for P3Dv2 airports/scenery is pretty much pervasive I'll be going over to P3Dv2 full-time but for now FSX is fine.

For any admins reading this, please could this thread be moved to the FS2004/FSX/P3D -> SCENERY -> Aerosoft Mega Airports section please? Thanks.

For any admins reading this, please could this thread be moved to the FS2004/FSX/P3D -> SCENERY -> Aerosoft Mega Airports section please? Thanks.

Done!

Try the 1024 textures and see if that helps. With 1024 and some testing I averaged 3.1 in the AAX and 3.3 in the NGX. Good headroom with that.

• Aerosoft

Is Dublin a known resource-hungry airport?

Yes. Certainly with the 2k textures. But simply put, there is nothing that can be really done about that. It simply has a lot of polygons and textures. To reduce the memory load would mean reducing the amount of details. There is no 'optimizing', there is just removing (of objects or visibility range). These days you will need to balance where you send your resources. Very unfortunate but until we get a 64 bit simulator this is what it is.

If you're combining EIDW with FTX Rep. of Ireland, check your autogen slider, too.

That's probably what I am going to have to look at with respect to framerates. The performance is fine in and around the airport, but if I turn downwind after departure on runway 28, my framerates really start to struggle. They improve as I turn to base and then final, and the approach itself is actually nice and smooth. This is with the PMDG 737NGX, UT2 set @ 100%, and all sliders set to maximum (apart from water at Mid.2.x).

Archived