Alternative captain voice pack

Hello everybody,

I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I made my own sound pack to replace the Captain's voice. I followed the original terminology by Aerosoft to about 90% (I made a few adjustments that I prefer)

Is it OK if I upload this here? I couldn't find the correct section in the download area.

So far I have not given this to anyone...I'm basically looking for a 'green light' from you guys at Aerosoft.

It is the first time I've made something like this so it might still have its flaws.

Thanks,

Julian

I'm having trouble uploading. Tried it last night and this morning...with both Chrome and IE and used both the standard uploader and the advanced one.

I always get "Error processing file".

It's a 25MB .zip file.

Any ideas?

Very good, well done! I would perhaps add that it's an American English version. I believe other addons to discriminate that (e.g. in the Level-D 767 you can choose the voices between American, British, Canadian and Australian English). But apart from that: it sounds very good. Hope there will be others to come...

Kind regards,

Dennis

Hi Julian,

I cannot find the previous document but I believe it also contained the PnF calls. Please find attached the complete document i. e. for all calls by PF and PnF.

Regards,

Hanse

PF-PnF_Calls.pdf

Hi Julian,

I cannot find the previous document but I believe it also contained the PnF calls. Please find attached the complete document i. e. for all calls by PF and PnF.

Regards,

Hanse

Thank you very much. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thank you very much. I'll keep you guys posted.

Julian,

great work and I like the set very much. But if you prepare an "American" version for the PnF also please keep in mind that it should be female voice because in the model you can see that there is a female F/OI.

Regards,

Hanse

Julian,

great work and I like the set very much. But if you prepare an "American" version for the PnF also please keep in mind that it should be female voice because in the model you can see that there is a female F/OI.

Regards,

Hanse

I'll try to get a female voice. Unfortunately I live in Germany and don't have any female 'aviation friends' who happen to speak English good enough. Actually I don't have any female aviation friends at all lol

Anyone here who is female and willing to record their voice?

I'll try to get a female voice. Unfortunately I live in Germany and don't have any female 'aviation friends' who happen to speak English good enough. Actually I don't have any female aviation friends at all lol

Anyone here who is female and willing to record their voice?

Hi Julian,

what is from your point of view the problem with the current female PnF. I know her well - she studied at an American university and lived / worked for some years in London. Sounds she too "British"?

Regards,

Hanse

I'm OK with the First Officer. A lot of people asked me to include a new voice for her in the download. I find her a little 'unnatural' but that's about it.

The big problem was with the captain's accent but that's no longer an issue.

Maybe it would just be nice to add a little variety.

Hi Julian,

the problem is that we are talking about personal feelings and not facts. Some people like you prefer "no emotions" and just facts using the checklists and therefore I like your sound set. But If you compare it to the other available "German-English" sound set it seems that this set is more like a "natural" working atmosphere - because the PF is a real Lufthansa A 320 captain and is doing it this way every day........

But we will keep your idea in mind (to make various sets available and selectable).

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Julian,

the problem is that we are talking about personal feelings and not facts. Some people like you prefer "no emotions" and just facts using the checklists and therefore I like your sound set. But If you compare it to the other available "German-English" sound set it seems that this set is more like a "natural" working atmosphere - because the PF is a real Lufthansa A 320 captain and is doing it this way every day........

But we will keep your idea in mind (to make various sets available and selectable).

Regards,

Hanse

Sounds great.

People like options - every sound set gets boring after a while. I recommend including at least an option for a non-foreign-accent English.

I would also like to let you guys know that I am available for voice recording for future developments.

Have a great weekend, Hanse, and anyone else reading this.

Cheers,

Julian Roschlau

Hi Julian,

I liked your version and am using it. Indeed a female voice with more of an English accent would I believe complete the job.

Excellent work and thanks again..

Leslie

Hi Julian,

what is from your point of view the problem with the current female PnF. I know her well - she studied at an American university and lived / worked for some years in London. Sounds she too "British"?

Regards,

Hanse

Spent a long time working out what a 'trust' lever was - other than that there is nothing wrong with the FO.

Personally I plan to shoot the pushback man. Waaaaay to British for me must have a bag full of plums in his mouth :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Oliver,

is alraedy "under consideration" but we might implement it as a section of the AXE Configurator...... but currently there are only two alternative PF and only one PnF sound packages available ......

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Oliver,

is alraedy "under consideration" but we might implement it as a section of the AXE Configurator...... but currently there are only two alternative PF and only one PnF sound packages available ......

Regards,

Hanse

We also have an alternate ground crew voice pack. And more PF/PnF voice packs are underway ...

Switching between them by running the AAX Conf. would be great!

Archived