Dissapointed

SquadronLeader52

I purchased the Airbus X Extended shortly after it was released. Fantastic product with some 'issues' that needed ironing out. So I continued to fly the PMDG NGX, waiting for the issues to be sorted out with the Airbus X extended - although I did download the updates - but did not use the Airbus X very often.

So somewhat disappointed to get home tonight, to find that I can now buy the Airbus Extended X with a 25% discount!

Why do your loyal customers not qualify for such a discount?...................the marketing people will no doubt say that they have reached a certain mass of sales to cover the development costs........which now allows them to sell the product at a discount......................that grates on me as a loyal customer, particularly in such a short time frame ................who has purchased many products.........as I am sure that it does on others.

I cannot go out and buy say a current iPad at a discount................

Can someone explain to me the logic behind this decision.

P3D launched at a very high price ............they changed their pricing point........and refunded those who had paid the higher price.............

Hi,

It is currently on a sale. It's not like the price was permanently reduced. Once the sale is over it will go back to regular price.

SquadronLeader,

Your argument makes zero sense. Why should you get a discount? I went to REI and bought a new backpack. Six months later it went on sale. Sure, I was bummer, but me buying it at full price was my decision. I'm a loyal REI customer yet I don't deserve to get every discount they offer retroactively. Also, I have purchased many a flight sim add-on, be it aircraft (including the Airbus X Extended) or scenery, at full price only to see a discount be offered later. None of those developers, including Aerosoft, owe me those discounts I missed. The decision to buy at full price rather than wait was my decision alone. The only thing Aerosoft "owes" you is support for the product you buy from them, which they do quite well (and better than most). You need to relearn economics 101.

Todd

I purchased the Airbus X Extended shortly after it was released. Fantastic product with some 'issues' that needed ironing out. So I continued to fly the PMDG NGX, waiting for the issues to be sorted out with the Airbus X extended - although I did download the updates - but did not use the Airbus X very often.

So somewhat disappointed to get home tonight, to find that I can now buy the Airbus Extended X with a 25% discount!

Why do your loyal customers not qualify for such a discount?...................the marketing people will no doubt say that they have reached a certain mass of sales to cover the development costs........which now allows them to sell the product at a discount......................that grates on me as a loyal customer, particularly in such a short time frame ................who has purchased many products.........as I am sure that it does on others.

I cannot go out and buy say a current iPad at a discount................

Can someone explain to me the logic behind this decision.

P3D launched at a very high price ............they changed their pricing point........and refunded those who had paid the higher price.............

Agreed:

- The AXE is value for money. It's value for its nominal price of 40 Euros (VAT included).

- The value will increase automatically with the "retrofits" of the A318/319 developments.

- There's enough "web chatter" to promote AXE sales: reviews, announcement of SP1/v1.1, ongoing forum discussions, ...

Enhancing the features and, at the same time, lowering the price doesn't seem sensible to me. It's a contradiction in terms.

Increasing the price from 40 to 50 Euros, thereby rewarding all the AXE customers who bought it earlier and at the lower price would make much more sense to me.

Making those customers feel bad, who went through initial release, initially missing features, bugs, flaws and issues doesn't seem so clever, from my point of view.

BTW, I don't mind the price I paid. I never experienced severe issues myself, starting with v1.04 incl. HF011. And I don't want a belated discount ...

I am actually a loyal discount shopper of many addon companies, because I don't mind waiting. The AXE I wanted right away, so l bought it.

Why do simmers always expect a discount? The guys (and gals) who create these wonderful things deserve all the remuneration they can get, yet a lot of simmers feel any time something changes that they deserve a "discount". The hobby costs what it costs - if you can't afford it, find another hobby.

If you had purchased the original airbus x like so many of us did , you would have received a very nice discount when you purchased the airbus x extended.

Roy

If you had purchased the original airbus x like so many of us did , you would have received a very nice discount when you purchased the airbus x extended.

Roy

:lol: this is so true, oh the irony.

Roy

... resulting in a combined nominal price of nearly 60 Euros, including all the pain the AX customers (not the AXE customers, though!) had to go through ...

:lol: this is so true, oh the irony.

As we are counting down to version 1.10 being released, are we really going to argue about discounts?

Roy

Good call! That's exactly, what I don't understand:

Why did Aerosoft bring up a 25% discount this weekend, just in between the release of SP1 and their announcement to offer even more AXE features later this year?

• Aerosoft

Such strange arguments in these posts. The discount is unrelated to the pending update (just think about it, it is actually counterproductive in a way). We just decided that it was a good idea to offer the product for a nice price this weekend, nothing more, nothing less. These posts are common btw but I always wonder how much time the authors have to spend time on this. Almost every product you own, from coffee to cars will be discounted at some moment. Are these people tracking all of that and write in forums about it every time?

If you have bought a product does that mean we are not allowed to do a sales action with it ever again? Of course not.

If we even discount it do we have to refund ALL the customers who paid full price? Of course not.

I feel kind of silly having to defend a price reduction.

Mathijs,

it seems to me, people posting into this thread have different intentions:

Someone may be out for a belated discount (that is a discount applied even after the purchase has been settled already). That's not my point.

My point is exactly this one (accentuation is mine):

Such strange arguments in these posts. The discount is unrelated to the pending update (just think about it, it is actually counterproductive in a way). We just decided that it was a good idea to offer the product for a nice price this weekend, nothing more, nothing less. These posts are common btw but I always wonder how much time the authors have to spend time on this. Almost every product you own, from coffee to cars will be discounted at some moment. Are these people tracking all of that and write in forums about it every time?

If you have bought a product does that mean we are not allowed to do a sales action with it ever again? Of course not.

If we even discount it do we have to refund ALL the customers who paid full price? Of course not.

I feel kind of silly having to defend a price reduction.

I remember recent Aerosoft sales, where certain products were exempted from the discounts offered. On one occasion, if I remember it correctly, Aerosoft offered discounts nearly for the whole range of addon titles, but FlyTampa airports, PMDG aircraft and the AXE(!) were excluded from that.

So I do second sales (guess when I bought that fabulous Andras Kozma LHBP scenery?), but the current top-line products are usually not discounted in those sales.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

So I do second sales (guess when I bought that fabulous Andras Kozma LHBP scenery?), but the current top-line products are usually not discounted in those sales.

We normally do not do any sales actions for brand new products. For other products we simply do not have the commercial rights to use them in sales action.

Don't forget, this is a business. People should quit complaining. My VA gets discount codes from some developers, but they are not normally issued at the time a product is released to market. I then make a choice, If I want something right away like the AXE, I put my hand in my pocket. If its something I may want to buy, but am not 100% desperate for it, it goes on a 'wish list' Sometimes I see things on my wish list that go on sale, and I buy them at the sale price. Yes it can be frustrating if you buy something on Monday and it goes on sale on Tuesday, but that is the way the world turns. I can't wait for v1.10, but to be honest, I have had no trouble whatsoever with my AXE since I bought it from release. perhaps I am lucky, perhaps my expectations are not as high as others. But it is a fantastic product and I feel I got terrific value for money.

I suspect that the creator of this topic was complaining about the discount because he has not been flying the airbus much because he has been waiting for some 'issues' he has being having that he said needed ironing out so he has been flying the NGX instead.

I went through his posts and not really sure what issues he has been having as his few posts seem to be related to flight plan problems he was having and I thought those were answered to his satisfaction.

If SquadronLeader still has issues he should discuss them in the forum so others can try to help him so he can start flying the airbus more often. I had a few issues when I first started using the airbus back in December because my system is a 2.20 Ghz machine which is well below the minimum specs for the airbus x extended . I asked questions in the forum and based on the answers I got I was able to overcome my issues and have flown 280 flights with the airbus x extended since. I am more than happy with the airbus x extended.

The airbus x extended is also not a Boeing so there is a learning curve to learn how to fly it. The Step by Step guide is a great way to go through that learning curve , as well as the new videos that SquadronLeader may not have seen which are available here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/67438-step-by-step-flight-videos-now-available/

Any issues not resolved by going through the Step by Step guide can be answered by asking questions in the forum.....

Roy

Archived