HeraklionX for FS2004 rather disappointing

Guest Jew

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did some more optimisation in our model libraries, and got rid of crash detection problems. This patch should give you a good performance boost and some extra ground features as a bonus :)

I like the quicker service so while we prepare an official download at your Aerosoft accounts, you can quickly get a first version of the patch here: https://dl.dropbox.c...9 Patch v1.1.7z

You can just unzip the contents into your main FS2004 installation folder and replace when asked.

If you have any trouble, give me a shout ;)

Due to FS9 limitations? You are kidding me? have You ever had a look to FlyTampas Dubai Rebooted? that´s where the limitations are!! well, at least LGIR is better than Shame El Sheik.

From what i have seen in reviews about herakilon x the review is mostly positive and shows no real noticeable problems

EDITED

PS we are yet to see your so called herakilon x screen shots too

From what i have seen in reviews about herakilon x the review is mostly positive and shows no real noticeable problems

People put real time and real money into making these addons i would like to see you make a realistic,accurate,good quality addon that isnt a laughable failure

'Shame El Sheik' you must be joking FSDG'S SHARM EL SHEIK is one of the best addon packages for the african region for fsx

We are talking about FS9 here (as You could have seen in the topioc`s title) and yes, there are problems with the scenery.

@ Emil

Thanks Emil ! unfortunately I can`t open the patch - file in neither way, what do I do wrong? really hope to get the scenery running, as I like it a lot yet and even more with better performance!

Thank you very much EmilG for your rapid response and efforts! Unfortunately, as soon as I turn again to face the airport when airborne, my FPS drop to 15-18 and then gradually 18-21 and when I land up high again 28-30!

Thank you very much EmilG for your rapid response and efforts! Unfortunately, as soon as I turn again to face the airport when airborne, my FPS drop to 15-18 and then gradually 18-21 and when I land up high again 28-30!

Let's assume your patch is 'installed' correctly. Have you been asked to replace files?

We specifically used full FS9 diplay settings (scenery, autogen, shadows, AI, etc..etc..) and have gained from 10 to 20 FPS on a PMDG with virtual cockpit & cabin. The fact that you didn't get that increase, tells me that either the patch hasn't gone in, or that something else is the problem, but not the scenery.There is almost no room left for additional optimisation in the scene, the next step would be to simply de-activate several bits.

Although we produced a configuration tool for FSX, we did not do so for FS9 since we were always above 40FPS on full settings. With the late patch, in the 50s and 60s FPS-wise.

First, can you try to un-limit for Frame rate? I think that you will see some performance gains.

Let's assume your patch is 'installed' correctly. Have you been asked to replace files?

We specifically used full FS9 diplay settings (scenery, autogen, shadows, AI, etc..etc..) and have gained from 10 to 20 FPS on a PMDG with virtual cockpit & cabin. The fact that you didn't get that increase, tells me that either the patch hasn't gone in, or that something else is the problem, but not the scenery.There is almost no room left for additional optimisation in the scene, the next step would be to simply de-activate several bits.

Although we produced a configuration tool for FSX, we did not do so for FS9 since we were always above 40FPS on full settings. With the late patch, in the 50s and 60s FPS-wise.

First, can you try to un-limit for Frame rate? I think that you will see some performance gains.

Ok EmilG,

I disabled the scenery, loaded the sim and then I enabled it again. Again opening the sim, FPS to unlimited. LGIR, ready for take off with sectionF8 F-86. FPS 50-60 when viewing everywhere and 25-30 when viewing straight the runway with the airport's main buildings. Airborne, turning to face the airport, FPS 20-25. Pass it, turning again for landing. FPS 21-22 as soon as I face the airport, and as I approach for landing FPS at 27-28. So, Im happy with this. Perfectly playable and smooth.

One more thing. With the scenery disabled, no drop of FPS is noticeable, so no other add on interferes.

Like Miragecy64's the frame rate drop is a bit lower but still remains unfortunately...:(

I wouldn't mind to remove additional features like the ships or the castle near the beach if it could help increase the frames. Can you (maybe) indicate the bgl files to remove?

The following files could help you increase your frames. Simply rename the files from ****.bgl to ****.off

They are all located in Aerosoft-->Heraklion X_1-->Scenery

-Area1VD.bgl

-Heraklion_Area09ED.bgl

-Heraklion_GenBuildingsED.bgl

-LGIR_3DVeh_Military.bgl

-LGIR_3DVeh2.bgl

-LGIR_Detail.bgl

-ViomixanikiED.bgl

Hey Folks,

bouht the Heraklion X scenery for FS9. Installed it and saw that the Rocks on RWY 27 are not shown. Any idea???

I made a Picture of the Problem but dont know how i can post the Picture?...

Hey Folks,

bouht the Heraklion X scenery for FS9. Installed it and saw that the Rocks on RWY 27 are not shown. Any idea???

I made a Picture of the Problem but dont know how i can post the Picture?...

No need to post a picture. The rock models are not included in that version of the scenery (technical limitations of FS2004).

Well, after some further testflying I have to correct myself :mecry_s: - FPS are somewhere around 19 in average now, which isn't really enjoyable, and the approach from the west looks pretty ugly now!

The Mega Kerkyra FREEWARE looks far better (airport and surroundings) and has a lot better performance. Your LGIR is ok, but in this state not a must - have. Thats for sure.

Well, after some further testflying I have to correct myself :mecry_s: - FPS are somewhere around 19 in average now, which isn't really enjoyable, and the approach from the west looks pretty ugly now!

The Mega Kerkyra FREEWARE looks far better (airport and surroundings) and has a lot better performance. Your LGIR is ok, but in this state not a must - have. Thats for sure.

A simplistic scenery will obviously give you a superb performance. If you also think it looks better, I will not argue with that. Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion.

But like I said, the scenery is now well optimised, so if you follow some of the advice mentioned above, I am sure you will have a better experience. Even if not, we give you the option to use your scenery density slider, which many other developers don't make use of (AFAIK), so you will probably not loose any detail from other scenery add-ons.

If you don't want to, you can try removing scenery items which might be too heavy for your system, like those I mentioned.

Regardless of how many users face a problem, whether it is only one or five out of hundred, like in this case, we do our best to quickly and accurately address any issues.

I am sure you will appreciate this, and avoid disreputable comments like these in the future.

Just flew and my FPS are now 18-19... Something is weird about this scenery! I never experienced this variety of FPS! Like they have a mind of their own... Looking everywhere from the ground, FPS are reasonable. Taking off, the same. Turning to face the airport...BAM!!! Rapid FPS drop!

Gratifying to see the performance issue addressed, on my system the scenery is now flyable at 20fps, albeit still with a noticeable hit approaching it.

If there is ever a "Reboot" release of this scenery, I'd strongly recommend implementing Mutley's Hangar Review comment:

"Once you touch down the first thing you see is the space between the runway and taxiway, where there could have been better textures with more 3D textures visible."

The immediate area around the approach and runway needs to be higher-res.

The fuzzy ground textures badly devalue the scenery, and can be upped without too much penalty, now the other performance issues have been corrected.

This is nicely done at Aerosoft's Larnaca, for example.

Archived