HeraklionX for FS2004 rather disappointing

Guest Jew

Hello! I just bought HeraklionX for my FS9 and I must say, that I am very disappointed. Not even close to the FSX version and bad frames as well. The city autogen looks almost default, the coastlines are ugly - oh man! why can`t I wait?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it wont quite match the FSX version due to FS2004's limitations but i know from a conversation with Emil that the Guys put a tremendous amount of hard work into this scenery and the screenshots i have seen look fantastic and prove that.

Due to FS9 limitations? You are kidding me? have You ever had a look to FlyTampas Dubai Rebooted? that´s where the limitations are!! well, at least LGIR is better than Shame El Sheik.

So why not show us a screenshot? Maybe something is wrong with your setiings?

I am into Flightsimulation since FS98 - so believe me, I know everything about settings. I have all relevant sliders to the right, and a system which could easily handle FSX. It is the scenery itself, which is the problem. Maybe, after FT`s OMDB and after all that advertising for LGIR I simply expected too much!? this small airport is definitively not worth 20€!

Hi Jew

City autogen cannot look like default. The models and textures used are identical to those used in the FSX version. Coastline vector data is almost the same too. The general 'look' and 'feel' are of course a downgrade from FSX but it should otherwise be very very similar.

I am not sure what it is that you don't like, provided of course that you did like the FSX version.

Screenshots, settings, computer specs, and more details of your concerns and complaints will of course take you further in receiving support and feedback, and maybe even changes. Sarcasm and snarky "Shame El Sheik" comments from a new forum member (no matter how long you say you've been using FS) won't get you anywhere.

Friendly piece of advice.

• Aerosoft

I am into Flightsimulation since FS98 - so believe me, I know everything about settings. I have all relevant sliders to the right, and a system which could easily handle FSX. It is the scenery itself, which is the problem. Maybe, after FT`s OMDB and after all that advertising for LGIR I simply expected too much!? this small airport is definitively not worth 20€!

Well with your comments it is clear there is something wrong with your setup, it simply cannot look like default. If you please settle down and show us what you mean we will be able to assist you. With just shouting text without any backup we simply can not do anything.

Btw, I could not find any order under your name on our system. Did you buy your copy at simMarket perhaps?

Well with your comments it is clear there is something wrong with your setup, it simply cannot look like default. If you please settle down and show us what you mean we will be able to assist you. With just shouting text without any backup we simply can not do anything.

Btw, I could not find any order under your name on our system. Did you buy your copy at simMarket perhaps?

No, I bought it here, as Simmarket did not have it some hours ago. My customers name of course is not "Jew" thats maybe the reason, that you could not find me. I will do some screenies tomorrow - and maybe I was just blinded by the screenies :(

• Aerosoft

And one more question. Why are all those bad reputation points? has it something to do with my nickname?

You must be joking. What would your nickname have to do with it? And if you fear for that, why would you choose it? To get reactions? To be able to say: "has it something to do with my nickname?".

You are now at -35 votes and as far as I am concerned for good reason as your posts seem to antagonize a lot of people. It's the behavior of a troll. Posting stuff to get a reaction, if possible a reaction that upsets people. If you are one, you succeeded. If you are not you perhaps need to think a bit more before you post. I will now put you on moderator control, meaning that your posts will not be public before a moderator has read them. This will ensure you do not break the record of negative votes because dear user with the username jew, you are mighty close to that.

And I still do not find any order from you. so before we move on, let's make sure you are indeed a customer. I dropped you an email on that.

I also have very low frame rates, but I don't believe its the scenery itself, as I have much more complex sceneries with high frame rates...I must look into it, I suspect HSP scenery

Andy

Thanks Aerosoft I got a copy. Today I have to work longer, so I only will be able (hopefully) to install it and do a short check if it works correctly on my system.

Tomorrow (evening) it should be possible if nothing happens in real life circumstances.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi,

as promised. I think - watching the FSX screens - that's what should be expected in FS9. Not more and not less.

As usual a non-standard FS9 of course, own texture sets for FS-ground, some commercial addons installed for terrain, clouds, sky and environment and sometimes enbseries is used. No need to say that my own non-standard AI-traffic set is used. Thanks to all these groups like alpha-india, who provide us with flightplans and liveries.

I have the HSP Greece installed and simply renamed all lgir-files within the standard hsp folder and the (no texture) folder. That's all.

lgir01.jpg

lgir02.jpg

lgir03.jpg

lgir04.jpg

lgir05.jpg

lgir06.jpg

lgir07.jpg

lgir08.jpg

lgir09.jpg

lgir10.jpg

lgir11.jpg

lgir12.jpg

lgir13.jpg

lgir14.jpg

Found some minor flaws with fences and alpha, something for an later update maybe.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Wonderful, Rainer!

Exactly what I expected. congrats.gif

Comparing FS9 and FSX shots, there's little difference at the airport itself and more outside (though the terrain looks good enough to enjoy approaches and departures).

Now that's a must buy for me. Let's hope for AES soon.

Danke schon, my friend!

The terrain resolution in the general scenery is of course restricted by the FS9 engine. As for everything else, as previously said, you should expect minimal changes compared to the FSX version.

Spectacular shots Rainer, especially the 1st one, and that night shot next to the fighting jet (3rd from bottom) !

Archived