Mega Airport Helsinki X - crashing & missing buildings

• Developer
Also should there be AES-lite traffic on this airport or did I miss that discussion?

No, this Airport has no AESlite. Only the Safegate Dockings System was done from my side and reqested by the developers.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks.Oliver.....and Discard the aforementioned. I changed the time to earlier morning and the airport is packed with ai at 74% I guess the chickens came home to roost?.

Again great scenery to A-Flight for their first efforts.

I am also getting OOM and CTD. I load fsx default aircraft at a gate. Then try to load cool sky dc-9 and boom. OOM and CTD.

Windows 7 64bit, 32GB ram, intel 2600k, SSD, GTX 580 3GB.

I am also getting OOM and CTD. I load fsx default aircraft at a gate. Then try to load cool sky dc-9 and boom. OOM and CTD.

Windows 7 64bit, 32GB ram, intel 2600k, SSD, GTX 580 3GB.

Hi,

there was an announcement in the German part of this forum about a new patch available regarding this OOM etc. Hopefully it solves the fatal error in Prepar3D as well!

My question is now, if this patch will be available in the simmarket account, not only in the Aerosoft update account.

Thanks,

Axel

I give up now after three crashes when approaching EFHK. First two times was without the patch and I got oom and the third time with patch installed FSX just shut off without any error message under approach to runway 15 Please don´t ask about my setup or my display settings, as there is nothing wrong with them! I have tons of addons installed and no problem with ctd or oom! I really hope Aerosoft takes this seriously and gives us an update as there is something really wrong with the scenery. Until then, Helsinki is uninstalled :(

I purchased from simmarket. I am registered here. I can not for the life of me find EFHK in the drop down box of which programs would you like support for.... Am I blind or what am I missing...?

Looks like a good product minus the issues with OOM and CTD.

Just did a test flight from ESSA to EFHK with PMDG JS41, VoxATC, AS210 and Aivlasoft EFB.

All went great. Was able to hand fly 22L landing I was vectored to. Felt great!

Before the flight, I had applied the patch that I found under my AeroSoft account. I also disabled cars and package carts.

Very accurate and works well with FinlandX. Thanks!

A litle report...

After recieving quick support on friday from Maria at Aerosoft, I got the missing buildings back (thank you). But I still have problems with OOM. I have installed the OOM-fix, and the load in memory was a bit lower, but not low enough to prevent my machine from getting OOM error when using a machine like the NGX. I ran the Tweaking Utility and disabled ALL options. Then I tested with different aircrafts (NGX, AirbusX and the Bronco). My test was starting up at the runway with Fair Weather settings. The only additional addon running was Ultimate Traffic 2. I Checked the load in memory. The load in memory was different depending on which aircraft I had loaded. Then I switched viewpoint to terminal, and watch the memoryload in Windows. When the view was pointed against the massive terminal buildings, it loaded a lot extra into the memory. That alone was enough to crash my computer with the AirbusX and the NGX. It worked fine with the Bronco though. I guess that is not as memory demanding as the more complex aircrafts. I run the sim with 1024 bit Global Texture Resolution. I adjusted the sliders in P3D to lower settings, and thought I had found a spot that would work. Then I made a new flight departing from Stockholm, but on final at Helsinki the OOM message came back again.

Then I got tired of the whole scenery. I adjusted my settings back up to what they was before I installed HelsinkiX. I went to KSFO and loaded the large San Francisco scenery from Flightbeam studios. I took of for a nice evening flight up to Seattle with the NGX. I have the Orbx sceneries installed. I also ran a weather engine and Ultimate Traffic 2. I must say that I am pretty surprised that these big sceneries works just fine - with much high graphics settings - and that half HelsinkiX (remember I have disabled all options and installed the OOM-fix (dowsized the texturefiles) - don't work with lower settings.

To me it is obvious that there must be files in the terminal area at Helsinki that are not very well written. There must be texture- and/or bgl-files that are too demanding. I hope that Aerosoft and/or the developer can spend some time and go through the files once more. Hopefully that can result in a new updated.

Regards,

Øystein H.

My Sim: P3D v1.4, intel i7 @ 4.2 GHz, 6 GB RAM, GTX 670 2GB, Win7 Pro 64-bit english

• Developer

There's a lot of people using this scenery just fine even without turning off the features, and even using heavy add-on planes (NGX etc.). There is a new update in the works though that will reduce the load particularly around the terminal areas.

Hi Antti,

If other users with simular hardware as mine got the scenery to work just fine, there must be settings on my sim (and all others sims with the OOM problem) that are not optimal. Maybe it would be a good idea that you made a post where you inform us of what would be the recommended settings in both FSX and P3D, and also suggest what tweaks that needs to be implemented (if any)?

:beatcomputer_s:

Regards,

Øystein H.

My Sim: P3D v1.4, intel i7 @ 4.2 GHz, 6 GB RAM, GTX 670 2GB, Win7 Pro 64-bit english

• Developer

I would at least watch the level of detail (LOD) radius, so that it's not set above 4.5 for now. 4.5 is the maximum slider setting allowed in FSX, as higher settings can sometimes eat up considerably more memory.

I'm in the same boat Øystein. I've installed the OOM fix and four attempts later they all ended in an OOM. Really disappointing given how much I was looking forward to this scenery, and without a refund option it appears it was not a successful purchase. I'm done messing with it though. With hundreds upon hundreds of dollars spent on add-ons that work just fine, I can't really justify the disappointment of messing with it. Shame.

after install scenery - all traffic nose down (MyTraffic 5.4, Ultimate traffic) - FSX

in all airports, not only in Helsinki

thumbyjc.jpg

thumbcin.jpg

thumbssv.jpg

thumbch.jpg

thumbbdsb.jpg

after the restore from a backup prior to installing this scenery, all OK

thumbzmi.jpg

A litle report...

After recieving quick support on friday from Maria at Aerosoft, I got the missing buildings back (thank you). But I still have problems with OOM. I have installed the OOM-fix, and the load in memory was a bit lower, but not low enough to prevent my machine from getting OOM error when using a machine like the NGX. I ran the Tweaking Utility and disabled ALL options. Then I tested with different aircrafts (NGX, AirbusX and the Bronco). My test was starting up at the runway with Fair Weather settings. The only additional addon running was Ultimate Traffic 2. I Checked the load in memory. The load in memory was different depending on which aircraft I had loaded. Then I switched viewpoint to terminal, and watch the memoryload in Windows. When the view was pointed against the massive terminal buildings, it loaded a lot extra into the memory. That alone was enough to crash my computer with the AirbusX and the NGX. It worked fine with the Bronco though. I guess that is not as memory demanding as the more complex aircrafts. I run the sim with 1024 bit Global Texture Resolution. I adjusted the sliders in P3D to lower settings, and thought I had found a spot that would work. Then I made a new flight departing from Stockholm, but on final at Helsinki the OOM message came back again.

Then I got tired of the whole scenery. I adjusted my settings back up to what they was before I installed HelsinkiX. I went to KSFO and loaded the large San Francisco scenery from Flightbeam studios. I took of for a nice evening flight up to Seattle with the NGX. I have the Orbx sceneries installed. I also ran a weather engine and Ultimate Traffic 2. I must say that I am pretty surprised that these big sceneries works just fine - with much high graphics settings - and that half HelsinkiX (remember I have disabled all options and installed the OOM-fix (dowsized the texturefiles) - don't work with lower settings.

To me it is obvious that there must be files in the terminal area at Helsinki that are not very well written. There must be texture- and/or bgl-files that are too demanding. I hope that Aerosoft and/or the developer can spend some time and go through the files once more. Hopefully that can result in a new updated.

Regards,

Øystein H.

Oystein,

How did MAria help you with getting the buildings? I have the same issue. i have sent an email for support but haven't heard back yet (I just sent it yesterday). Is it something you can help me with or do I need direct help from support. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Todd

same OMM problems for me, no problems at other complex sceneries KLAX (fsdt) with U.S Cities (LAX).

i dont know what is the problen, help please................. :glare_s:

I believe theres a mention of this problem on another topic.

Oystein,

How did MAria help you with getting the buildings? I have the same issue. i have sent an email for support but haven't heard back yet (I just sent it yesterday). Is it something you can help me with or do I need direct help from support. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Todd

Hi Todd.

I had problems with getting the ASE module working correctly. I run P3D. To be able to install some add-ons (made for FSX) into P3D, I had copied the fsx.exe file from my FSX installation into the root folder of my P3D installation. Simply by renaming this file (in the P3D root folder) to fsx.off, the buildings was all there. You have to restart the sim off course. I'm not sure if you have done the same as me, but it's worth a try if you have the fsx.exe file in you P3D folder.

Mine is working, frame rate killing, but stil smooth.

Used a Captain Sim C130x and 757.

Sliders up but air traffic limited to 20%.

FS Global 2010 active

Keep in mind to eliminate your FSX directory from any kind of indexing or anti virus software.

Same to any directories FSX writes in or reads dynamic data from :-))

Hardware:

I7 950 3.07 GHZ

6 GB RAM

NVidia Geforce 560Ti

(driver as of feb-2012)

OS

Win 7, 64 Bit

Christian

the Installer-Download-Link for the Ase-Modules Version 1.0.0.7:

FSX

http://aerosoft2.de/downloads/launcher/AS_ASE_MODULES_V1007_FSX.zip

Prepar3D

http://aerosoft2.de/downloads/launcher/AS_ASE_MODULES_V1007_P3D.zip

don't need rename fsx.exe in Prepar3D-Folder with this version.

Maria Plet

Hello,

I purchased an installed this scenery on yesterday. I use it in P3D. My first experience of this product was an OOM while approaching runway 04L. Then I installed the new P3D-ASE-version (1007).

Today I made a new test flight. Everything worked fine till leaving the runway after landing. An OOM error has occured again.

My P3D settings are not very high:

LOD: 4,5

scenery complexity: Very Dense

autogen: Dense

resolution: max 1024

By the way: I've installed the OOM-fix, too. I hope for a new fix that will solve these OOM errors.

Patric

I was happy that i've fixed the problem with missing buildings and now, after 2 hours flight and final at runway 04R i got an "ntdll.dll - error" and FSX crashed. I've never seen this before. I can't use this nice airport :(

the Installer-Download-Link for the Ase-Modules Version 1.0.0.7:

FSX

http://aerosoft2.de/...S_V1007_FSX.zip

Prepar3D

http://aerosoft2.de/...S_V1007_P3D.zip

don't need rename fsx.exe in Prepar3D-Folder with this version.

Maria Plet

Maria,

Ive just tried this latest version in a clean install of P3D V1.4 with only Heraklion X installed. I also get a crash when I close the sim. Either when using ctrl + c or closing from the file menu.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I have a problem with missing terminal too. Version of simulator - FSX.

I install the Ase-Modules Version 1.0.0.7, but problem still stay with me.

What i have to do for troubleshoting ?

With best regards, Andrew

Hello.

I have a problem with missing terminal too. Version of simulator - FSX.

I install the Ase-Modules Version 1.0.0.7, but problem still stay with me.

What i have to do for troubleshoting ?

With best regards, Andrew

Did you check for any .blob files in the scenery folder.

Archived