Iceland X Initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

I want to start to say how much I like this work that Aerosoft has done, this looks really amazing and a lot different than from the default scenery.

I want to post an issue which concern mostly on island, Vestmannaeyjar (BIVM) airport as I use it a lot and like the place, also I saw it was suppose to be one of the detailed airports in Iceland X

Also I list some other small and minor issues.

BIVM Issues:

- Lead in lights for runway 12 are missing - for information they are 5 lead in lights, (very often low clouds and fog on the island in easterly and southerly winds)

Here are information from the Iceland CAA AIP for rwy 12 in BIVM: RWY 12 LEAD IN LGT 450 m. before THR Remarks: THR ID LGT RWY 12 FLG WHITE RWY edge LGT are 7.5 m from RWY edge

- The hole parking area looks like "brownish sand" or something but the parking area is actually asphalt like you can see on this picture -> http://www.flickr.co...inn/2765661516/

Apron surface and strength: Asphalt as described in Iceland AIP

- Most if not all the mountains on the island have red obstruction lights on the top of them. See Iceland AIP Vestmannaeyjar, page: 15 -> http://caa.is/media/PDF/AD_2_BIVM.pdf

- Missing lights around the terminal, very dark at night and hard to see..

Other issues

- Airfields are missing like, BIKA, BISK and BIMK for ex. - List of all airfields are in Iceland AIP/Airdromes/AD4 Other Airdromes --> http://caa.is/media/PDF/AD_4.pdf

- BISK and BIMK are both very close airfields to the Eyjafjallajokul volcano and very popular airfields for tourist who come to see the volcano and Skogafoss for an ex. but unfortunely they are missing in Iceland X ?? :<_<

- BIRK: Almost all of taxiway GOLF is missing including all FOXTROT and the blue taxi edge lights? Taxiway CHARLIE: half of it is missing the blue edge lights west of the runway 01/19.

I would say 90% of all private aircraft in Reykjavik are located where they have to taxi Foxtrot and up taxiway Golf for departure

Also runway 06/24 in BIRK looks different from the other runways, don't know why? It has the same surface as the other.

- BIHL: Runway lights are missing on the grass RWY 05/23

- BISS: As I do a lot of gliding I would like to see this airfield more detailed also it is the most popular airfield for airplane training and very close to Reykjavik:rolleyes: The east-west grass runway is triple the size in width in real than it is in Iceland X

- BIIS Lights on the mountain on upwind RWY 08 are missing, see AIP/Isafjordur and page 9 for more info.

- BIAR Lead in lights missing for LLZ approach for runway 01 --> 9 LDIN Flashing Lights with 700m interval. Lights start at 7196 south of RWY 01. Also see AIP/Akureyri page 11 for more info.

- BIMS: The grass runway 07/25 looks like its made for model airplanes in Iceland X, its suppose to be wider and the cross runway is much much shorter and is not even published anymore :blink:

- BISF Half of runway 15 is grass not asphalt

I have only been flying around the south-west part and few min in the north now so I think this is it for now :)

Hope this will be fixed with the next update?

Thanks a lot and thumbs up for a great addon!

Daniel

Also runway ends at BIRK need updates, for ex aft of threshold RWY 13 is a RESA area which is much wider with yellow taxi line and blue edge taxi lights. See AIP/AD4 Airdromes / Reykjavik close up map.

I want to start to thank you guys at Aerosoft for this great work, Icelandic flightsim scenery has never been more realistic. I want to let you know I found a small bug near Reykjavík. When I set my autogen to max there are two autogen buldings nearly inside the Aluminum Factory that is between Reykjavík and Keflavík that need to be removed.

Best regards

Bjarmi76 post-35948-038829300 1291936519_thumb.jp

Also, around Reykjavík and Keflavík there are some severe fps drops. I use a track ir, after I take off I see 40fps over Reykjavík after a minute if I look around the frames drop to 5 while it seems something is loading then it's back to 40 fps, until I look around again.

Also, around Reykjavík and Keflavík there are some severe fps drops. I use a track ir, after I take off I see 40fps over Reykjavík after a minute if I look around the frames drop to 5 while it seems something is loading then it's back to 40 fps, until I look around again.

Hi,

I just bought this scenery and I also have severe FPS drops around Reykjavik. I also have very slow loading PAPIs at Reykjavik and In general I notice slow loading textures in many areas on the south-western parts. I did a trip in the F-16 at moderate speeds with scenery complexity set to Normal and the slow loading or rather, "re-loading textures", appeared after I had past the area and was looking back over my shoulder..

I was also hoping for a mesh representation of Thingvellir, but I see no such thing.

Thanks

And, please check the scenery layer (for example at vestmannaeyjar). I have some overlapping of scenery layers there and on other coastal parts of Iceland. I have the problem also in case i disabled all other add-on-sceneries.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And, please check the scenery layer (for example at vestmannaeyjar). I have some overlapping of scenery layers there and on other coastal parts of Iceland. I have the problem also in case i disabled all other add-on-sceneries.

Can't confirm this:

Must be a problem with your installation/settings.

Do you have ORBX products installed? Or any other freeware (scenery/mesh)?

No, I don't have any other mesh or freeware seceneries installed. This was my first thought as well, that was the reason why I disabled all other add-on sceneries but the result was the same. I don't know what's the problem.

I don't know if it will help posting a screenshot of the scenery library. I took a new scenery.cfg only with the standard entries and Iceland X. Nothing happened... I think it is a Iceland X problem maybe in interaction with another software (i don't know which)... When I disable Iceland X then the entrance to the harbor looks totally different than in Iceland X. If it will help I can post a screenshot of the harbor with and without Iceland X.

I´m getting very poor FPS too around Reykjavik. When i look to the town and airport i go to single digits like 6-8. And worse is that i don´t have any traffic at the moment (Using the mission included in the package) When i look elsewhere it goes back to 30 fps (I limited fs in 30).

Please look at these problem!!

Thanks.

Attached a screenshot of the problem

Did you alter your mesh settings :

Manual says:

• Target frame rate set to Unlimited is strongly recommended.
  • Global texture resolution should be at Very high to get the full detail in textures.
  • Advanced animations has to set to ON.
  • Light bloom set to On will allow you to see the lighting in more detail
  • Mesh is important for this scenery. Set Mesh Complexity to 100 and resolution to 5 meters.
  • Texture resolution should be at 1 m or less to get the best resolution of the aerial image
  • Ground scenery shadows can be On or Off depending on your own preference.
  • Special effects details should be on High to see all the special animations.

Just a small point but perhaps a future update could include a map such as this:

Iceland map

with the airfields listed underneath, ideally in place of the 'Charts' link which currently occurs in the start menu and just takes you to the default aerosoft.de web site.

This is a superb add-on, although I confess I'm finding FSDiscover! a useful utility when it comes to finding some of those complicated place names! [i'm sure the Icelanders would say the same of the UK - Gloucester, Leicester, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and the like come to mind for starters ...]

Merry Christmas!!

Hi,

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. This shows the PAPIs loading at BIRK with the immediate FPS hit (7,5 FPS). I have locked FPS at 50 as unlimited gives me a bit of jerkiness/small stutters. I run an I7-860 and an ATI HD5870 in WIN7 Ultimate 64-bit and FSX is installed in an SSD drive. I don't have this problem in other sceneries except Iceland X.

post-36-011049100 1292947156_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what might be causing this, I doubt it's the PAPIs as they're default. I guess as soon as they're loaded a bunch of other objects are loaded as well. Reykjavik is the only area with very dense object placement in this addon.

Hi, thanks for a great addon. Some issues I would like to bring to your attention. All settings in FSX are as recommended.

There is a tree taking up parking space in BIAR and the Icebergs at Breiðamerkurlón are cartoonish in appearance, out of proportions to the glacier in the back. Water textures are going upphill there and in several other places I've visited.

Sorry about the dark images but at this time of year its as good as it gets ...

post-36271-031521700 1293022820_thumb.jp

post-36271-095299400 1293022856_thumb.jp