Iceland X Initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

I have no idea what might be causing this, I doubt it's the PAPIs as they're default. I guess as soon as they're loaded a bunch of other objects are loaded as well. Reykjavik is the only area with very dense object placement in this addon.

Ok, well, the things you see there are the PAPI lights for sure and they remaim black squares for 2-3 seconds. When I focus somewhere else (wearing TrackIR), and looks back on BIRK after say half a minute or so, they reload in the same manner, loosing 25 or so FPS. Very annoying but luckily enough, there are more interesting places to explore then the Capital.

I've driven over the mountains a couple of times to Akureyri and much of this is gravel roads. I see only zig-zaggy asphalt/bitumen roads all over. I sure wish the roads were a bit curvier and curvier. Anyway, I am really getting to like this scenery and thanks for doing it.

Unfortunately FSX does not allow smooth roads or interpolation, you will find this issue in every scenery, default or addon. With 3000km of roads it's impossible to smooth them all manually.

Both issues (PAPI and tree) seem to be related to something different than Iceland X. Can you please test if those issues also occur if you disable Iceland X in the scenery library?

Dag, please disable the Iceland X priority 1 and test it. This way you'll see the default airport layout (with custom scenery though).

Hi Thorsten,

Disabled pri 1 and took off from Keflavik in the ALS Su-27. When turning towards Reykjavik, I experienced the same FPS drop as before but PAPIs and airport scenery at BIRK loaded at an instant. It now seems related to the gas-terminal/harbours(?) located south of the city and the city scenery itself.

Disabled pri 2 and took off from a very corrupted BIKF (mesh related/flatten related, the RWYs and TWYs were in trenches) and no FPS drop whatsoever were experienced.

Thanks

The drop results from lots of objects being loaded at the same time the airport is loaded, thus giving you the impression the PAPIs were the reason.

Lower your autogen or scenery settings to reduce the drop.

Hi,

In a payware scenery like this there should be no need to lower autogen. After all there are little or no autogen in this area of the world. I have more complex payware sceneries that show no dramatic FPS drop similar to the stuff experienced in the Iceland X scenery around Reykjavik.

This is not a good soulution. Clearly there's something modelled or textured in this scenery that is not very well optimized. I guess I am shooting in the blind here since I know little or nothing about modelling.

Anyway thanks for the help, I guess I'll fly somewhere else.

Have a good Christmas

While flying between BIRF and BIST, I noticed some unusual water at around N54 56.68 W23 22.25 on the coast. It looks as if the water is up the cliff edges.

Not sure if this has been pointed out already?

Hello all Iceland Fans

Some optical issues:

- Thorsten, can you please push back the passenger ship in Isafjordur to the right position since some habitants don't want to have this

big ship in their living room ;-)))

- Icelandic green grass - yes, in sommertime it is very green, slightly going towards yellow as well and in FSX it's still to pale according to

my taste, so please add more saturation to the textures!

- Icelandic house colours - as I already mentioned in my 1st post, the Icelandic scenery is looking very sad and pale without alle the fine

colours all around the cities, so please colour the houses!

With my modified pictures (always 2nd one, compare yourself) I want you to show how it could look like when improving some textures perhaps!

What do others think about my wishes? Isn't it a much more realistic look now?

Have a fine, good new year 2011!

Chris

post-35514-092573900 1293920282_thumb.jp

post-35514-022805500 1293920984_thumb.jp

post-35514-012320000 1293921035_thumb.jp

post-35514-024889000 1293921048_thumb.jp

post-35514-026847000 1293921060_thumb.jp

post-35514-094624600 1293921085_thumb.jp

We discussed the colours a lot in beta testing and all testers from Iceland asked me to make it not too green. ;)

I don't think the cruise ship is from Iceland X - is it still there if you disable the scenery?

Hello Thorsten

Thanks for your hint and funny about the "green" point of view from the testers...:D

...but how did they comment about the house (roof) colours?

You were right, about the cruise ship, i didnt' removed yet the "Isafjordur_2009_Complete" freeware scenery

in the scenery listing. I now did and the ship has now disappeared.

Thanks for the hint and best regards

Chris

Hi

I have just started getting this problem with a Crash To Desktop (CTD) with IcelandX. Whenever I start FSX and try to select Keflavik or Reyyjavik airports to start at, FSX crashes.(crash report below).

I'm on a Win 7 64 bit system, i3 processor, FSX SP2, REX weather installed. Could it be something to do with the interaction with Iceland X and REX weather engine ?

If I select BIAR for example, all is fine.

Also - if I start at BIAR and try to "go to airport" Keflavik or Reyyjavik, FSX crashes.

If I try to slew FSX from BIAR to Keflavik or Reyyjavik, FSX crashes.

If I uninstall Iceland X, all is OK again.

Any ideas?

CRASH REPORT

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba9b29c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0002dd3e

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: e8ad

Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Additional Information 3: e8ad

Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)

at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()

at rexwxengine2.controls.ucLoadAircraftLocation.DefWndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

rexwxengine2

Assembly Version: 2.5.2010.38549

Win32 Version: 2.5.2010.1027

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Flight/Real%20Environment%20Xtreme/rexwxengine2.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect

Assembly Version: 10.0.61259.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll

msvcm80

Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4927

Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5/msvcm80.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Most probably an SI ship issue. Please reinstall scenery unselecting ship AI in the installation process.

Chris, we talked about autogen houses and there was no way creating custom autogen houses for the price of this addon. Creating custom autogen is very time-consuming, even ORBX don't do it.

Hi Thorsten

I'm pretty sure I unchecked the AI ship box, but wil re-install and check again.

I just tryed a flight from BIAR to BIKF. All was well until the plane was just past waypoint RH

NDB

N64° 39' 51.01",W21° 17' 11.00",+000000.00

regards

Dave

Most probably an SI ship issue. Please reinstall scenery unselecting ship AI in the installation process.

Chris, we talked about autogen houses and there was no way creating custom autogen houses for the price of this addon. Creating custom autogen is very time-consuming, even ORBX don't do it.

Reinstalled Iceland X with NO AI shipping as you suggested.

Same problem I am afraid.

Any other ideas?

regards

Dave

Hi Thorsten

I'm pretty sure I unchecked the AI ship box, but wil re-install and check again.

I just tryed a flight from BIAR to BIKF. All was well until the plane was just past waypoint RH

NDB

N64° 39' 51.01",W21° 17' 11.00",+000000.00

regards

Dave

Ignore this!

I think I have solved it.

I uninstalled one other recent add-ons that I used (Earthsim Alderney) , then reinstalled Iceland and all seems OK now. There must be some clash with one or other of these - I saw THIS thread on the ES website with users mentioning other possible clashes with X series scenery.

http://www.earthsimulations.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=729&start=20&hilit=aerosoft

Mayeb you guys need to chat?

regards

Dave

Hi Torsten

Please can you describe any changes you have made to the following files.

Default.xml

Autogendescriptions.spd

Roofdescriptions.spd

Also please can you describe the method you employ to update these files. ( append/replace etc? )

Thanks

Easy: none at all.

We do change those files for other addons but I'm not the one who can tell you about technical installation things.

We had some other issues with Alderney before I'm afraid, if I'm not mistaken the Alderney installer changes some things in the default files that can cause trouble.

We do change those files for other addons but I'm not the one who can tell you about technical installation things.

We had some other issues with Alderney before I'm afraid, if I'm not mistaken the Alderney installer changes some things in the default files that can cause trouble.

Hi

I think the point our shared customers are making is that both products can cause trouble for each other, ;) . The reverse is equally true...no? All they care about is that we talk to each other and devise a solution whereby they can have both AerosoftX sceneries and ES sceneries working nicely together. Please might you ask whoever is responsible for those files at aerosoft to contact me so that we can do that and so we can each have happy customers .. :rolleyes:

You might want to use the official way and send a mail at support@aerosoft.com.

As I said, Iceland X does not edit one single default file so if there should be any issues with Iceland X and the Alderney addon installed it is in fact the Alderney addon that's causing the issues.

I'm happy to read that we might find a solution for those issues in the future though.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The manual refers to the season tool to turn on/off MipMaps, but I can't see any switch or checkbox?

BTW, the slider under "Support for..." isn't clickable at all, you just grab and move the whole window.

@Flusimann78, I think I know the problem, I guess that you have FSGlobal in your FS, so, install FS global first, go into your flight sim settings, Scenery library and click ok to go out of there and close FS, now install Iceland X, then go into you settings in FS and Scenery Library and DELETE Iceland X from there, press OK,AND IMPORTANT!!!!, PUT ICELAND X TO THE TOP OF THE SCENERY LIBRARY, now go to the library and ADD Iceland X back in, priority 1 at top and priority 2 second on the list, press ok to go out of there and you should get a bar across the screen showing FS building Database there, now close FS and the open it again and go back to BIVM now and see if it hasnt changed, if not ill try and do it again because I have to do a clean setup of my computer soon and then I'll have to do this again.

AND IMPRTANT!!!!, PUT ICELAND X TO THE TOP OF THE SCENERY LIBRARY, priority 1 at the top of course and prioraty 2 second on the list.

hope this helps.

Hi :-)

Thanks for an amazing nice Iceland X scenery - Very very much better than default scenery or any freeware landclass or meshes.

I wonder if theres has been added vulcano eruptions as effects to the scenery on specifick times, like the Eruption of Eyjafjallajokull and other previus eruptions ???

Otherwise I guess I'l just make an "AddOn" with this... ;-)

Kindly Regards

Claus Vendelboe Holmberg