Mine is better than yours....

OleAndreasen

So what do you say? Is your rig a real beaut? a beast? a cockpit in your livingroom?

What do you use when you tour the AF?

Snap some shots and post here.

Ill start with mine.

Pics are about a year old, but the rig is the same. I sometimes use a second monitor, but mostly just this 22" and my TrackIR.

Oles%20Rig1.JPGOles%20Rig2.JPG

Here is my setup.

Im using a amd 2.4ghz phenom 4 core chip, 6gb memory. nvidia 285 gtx 1gb vid card, sata hd and track ir. Controls are a Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick, Logitech G15 "Gkey" keyboard, saitek flight yoke, pedals, switch panel and multipanel. Also using a logiteck usb headset for atc.

SDC10934.jpg

SDC10936.jpg

SDC10937.jpg

SDC10938.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

And here is my "cocpit"

Saitek: Flight-yoke, rudderpedals, throttle quadrant, switchpanel, radiopanel, and multipanel.

VR-Insight: Multi-Combo panel, and CDU-II panel.

Microsoft USB headset.

The desk is approx. 50 years old, the pilot is 67 years old :D . The rest is rather new.

post-8147-057989800 1286117977_thumb.jpg

Hello,

And here is my "cocpit"

Saitek: Flight-yoke, rudderpedals, throttle quadrant, switchpanel, radiopanel, and multipanel.

VR-Insight: Multi-Combo panel, and CDU-II panel.

Microsoft USB headset.

The desk is approx. 50 years old, the pilot is 67 years old :D . The rest is rather new.

Now that is nice dry.gif

Hi guys,

The CDU II is really nice, makes programming more easy, without using the mouse. Only withdrawal is that you have to exchange the function keys, if you want to fly another plane.

Thnaks for the comments anyway.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Yours are sure better than mine :blush: Actually, so much better that due to some common components you mostly use I decided to upgrade my cockpit as well :P

So now I am asking for your advice please.

I have puchased the Seitek set including yoke, throttle, pedals and 3 panels: radio, multi and switches. I would appreciate any tip or advice of how to correctly configure (as to the manuals all should be plug and play) and how to customize in a way I can save the configuration as a whole (file?) so it will not mees up when I disconnect and reconnect the units...

In short, any tip or tweak will be highly appreciated :excl:

Thank you!

Yours are sure better than mine :blush: Actually, so much better that due to some common components you mostly use I decided to upgrade my cockpit as well :P

So now I am asking for your advice please.

I have puchased the Seitek set including yoke, throttle, pedals and 3 panels: radio, multi and switches. I would appreciate any tip or advice of how to correctly configure (as to the manuals all should be plug and play) and how to customize in a way I can save the configuration as a whole (file?) so it will not mees up when I disconnect and reconnect the units...

In short, any tip or tweak will be highly appreciated :excl:

Thank you!

Cant help with the Pannels as I dont own them :( But certainly with the yoke, rudder and throttles I can help. All my setting are customised in FSX, though if your a registered user of FSUIPC you can do all the configuration in there. Your able to disconnect and reconnect the yoke and throttles with out loosing any of the settings, as I regularly do this to fly my warbirds with a joystic.

Thanks Matt. Acually what I want to do is replace only my CH yoke and pedals, keeping my CH excellent throttle, and combine it with all the system so I get one free axis in the Saitek throttle. I can set it to handle something else available with the FSX menu. My past experience with setting everything via FSUIPC is to be not so stable, because sometimes is used to enable the CH controllers back in FSX with no reason... so evantually I gave up and went back to configure all the CH products via FSX. Maybe with the Saitek via the FSUIPC rather than CH my system will be stable, have no idea...

Thanks Matt. Acually what I want to do is replace only my CH yoke and pedals, keeping my CH excellent throttle, and combine it with all the system so I get one free axis in the Saitek throttle. I can set it to handle something else available with the FSX menu. My past experience with setting everything via FSUIPC is to be not so stable, because sometimes is used to enable the CH controllers back in FSX with no reason... so evantually I gave up and went back to configure all the CH products via FSX. Maybe with the Saitek via the FSUIPC rather than CH my system will be stable, have no idea...

Not having a registered copy of FSUIPC I couldnt comment on stabilty lol. I know you could certainly use the 3 axis' on the siatek throttle for anything you like, flaps, spoilers,cowel flaps, carb heat, pretty much any simulation event.

Moshe.

You are going to replace your CH yoke and pedals - with what? with Saitek Yoke and Pedals? If - then why? I actually own both sets and prefer the Saitek set, but I would like to hear what you feel...

About the Panels. I have a Saitek Switch panel, and I have always been irritated that it could not be altered in the programming. Your post made me buy a license for FSUIPC, and then I went to this site and downloaded the latest driver. I uninstalled my default Saitek driver for the Switch panel, and the functions can now be customized via FSUIPC, so I actually owe you one. Thanks to your post, I am now able to program the Switch panel... Great.

When you experienced problems with the FSUIPC programming of your CH products - did you remember to un-assign the assignments in FSX, when you assigned them in FSUIPC? if not that could give problems. As the guy who make FSUIPC (forgot his name right now) if a function/assignment works via FSX, then dont bother programming it via FSUIPC...

Thank you Ole for your detailed reply and advice. Today I finished installing the new set, and it functions very good.

As for the Saitek vs. CH, I am using CH for about 4 years now and I am pleased with them, I wanted a change as well as an upgrade, I thing the Saitek are more pro stuff and the feeling is more realistic. I kept my CH Pro Throttle, replaced the yoke and pedals (they are a spare set now) and added the 3 panels. I configured everything in FSX, deleting the default settings and reassigning the new ones, taking under consideration I already have the OOB settings of the panels. I did not fill all the buttons of the whole set, still have some free ones on the CH Pro and I feel I have all I need at hand, the others can be dealed with the keyboard as they are not commonly used. I am happy I pushed you to enjoy better your switching panel!

Saitek has a configurator program that can assign keys to buttons but I did not use it as I had all I need in the FSX controls menu. For backup, I kept the standard.xml files, that should recover a mess if happens. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Saitek and the setup was still there, so I guess it's fine.

As for FSUIPC, Pete does a great job indeed, I remember disabling the controllers from FSX so I did not remove each and every assignment, the controllers just jumped into enabled with no warning... I do not think it was FSUIPC, but something with the whole setup was not stable or I did something wrong.

I am attaching a photo from today's setup :)

post-7934-075778900 1287771016_thumb.jpg

Nice setup Moshe.

Its true that Saitek offers software to program the controls they have. I have the yoke, and pedals, and the X-52 HOTAS systems and they are nicely programmed with the software - BUT you cannot re-assign the panels. They are stuck with the default settings - except now they are not anymore - with the help from the SPAD driver AND FSUIPC, instead of the default Saitek driver. Now we have regained control over our panels, and thats just great. Not even sure Im gonna change any settings, but to know I CAN, is nice.

I really need to get me the radio panel - It will be on my Christmas wish list for sure.... :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hi , this is my little plane, this is a real section of a Cessna 172 m reg PH-WDS

using simkits and real parts

you can`t see it right now,

but I`m building a 2 dof motion platform

I`m using gearboxes and motors and frequency inverters from work, and help from xsim.de

ps screenshot is RotterdamX about 15 miles from my hometown

greetz

post-25924-073702500 1292010087_thumb.jp

post-25924-016810100 1292010104_thumb.jp

Hi , this is my little plane, this is a real section of a Cessna 172 m reg PH-WDS

using simkits and real parts

you can`t see it right now,

but I`m building a 2 dof motion platform

I`m using gearboxes and motors and frequency inverters from work, and help from xsim.de

ps screenshot is RotterdamX about 15 miles from my hometown

greetz

Wow! What else can I say? Wow!

Well i'ii put up mine when finished got 2 Dell 2309 few weeks ago, all the saitek stuff building the fmc out of a small touch screen. Will have 4 monitors going. Started moving the stuff have to paint the man cave first. Got to get to IKEA too. Take à few more weeks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hi, This is why I need an plot with a hangar,

as you can see I have no room for the wings, it looks like a clipped bird ;)

But is still under construction, I`m looking for some odd stuff like GPS and radio`s

With the go flights 166 radio s and the VOR1 and 2 and ADF

its is fully IFR ready,

Although I`m really an VFR pilot but when the weather starts to look grimm , I can fly IFR.

greetz

• 3 months later...