Approaching Innsbruck FSX Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

I will have access to my working environment not earlier than this evening. Gonna keep you posted!

regards

For your info FSX expect native DDS stuff that's why the alert shows maybe hardcoded dds?

Despite the missing texture aren't there when checked based on the file names and not the extension ;-)

Cheers,

André Folkers

Level-d development team

• Developer

For your info FSX expect native DDS stuff that's why the alert shows maybe hardcoded dds?

Despite the missing texture aren't there when checked based on the file names and not the extension ;-)

Cheers,

André Folkers

Level-d development team

Not sure if I get you correctly: does this mean that the message from the alert can be ignored? As I said, I am quite sure that the mentioned files are all contained in the texture subdirectory in bmp-format. But I will have to make a look in my working environment. For the time being I have no clear picture.

regards

Hey guys just to confirm, the .bmp's are missing that I listed. I actually listed them all on a note pad, then went into the texture folder to take a look. I will take some screen shots of my texture folder to show what I am talking about and post back. I'm pretty sure that something is amiss, because I tested that .cfg entry over many of my addon sceneries and this is the only one that I am getting the errors.

Hey guys here are some screen shots showing that the texutes are missing.

1. In this first pic the sim is calling for Nordportal_dach_lm.bpm. As can be seen in the screen shot I have the Nordportal_dach.bmp but I dont have the corresponding lightmap which is Nordportal_dach_lm.bpm.

nordportal.jpg

2. In this shot the sim is calling for 2 missing textures called Build_4_fassade_3.bmp and Build_4_fassade_3_lm.bmp. I have circled where the textures should be, however they are not there or in my textures folder.

build4.jpg

3. In this shot the sim is calling for a texture called Parkhaus_untersicht.dds. As you can see I have the lightmap of that texture called Parkhaus_untersicht_lm.bmp but I dont have the corresponding texture that goes to it.

parkhaus.jpg

4. In the last shot the sim is calling for a texture called Redglass.bmp, however as can be seen, I dont have it.

redglass.jpg

Hopefully this will clear up any confusion.

Gianni, will you be able to get to your working environment soon so that you can take a look? If you have these texture I would appreciate it if you could email them to me in the address that I PM'ed you with yesterday.

I will keep checking back since I work at home and am on the computer for the better part of the day.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Hey guys here are some screen shots showing that the texutes are missing.

1. In this first pic the sim is calling for Nordportal_dach_lm.bpm. As can be seen in the screen shot I have the Nordportal_dach.bmp but I dont have the corresponding lightmap which is Nordportal_dach_lm.bpm.

nordportal.jpg

2. In this shot the sim is calling for 2 missing textures called Build_4_fassade_3.bmp and Build_4_fassade_3_lm.bmp. I have circled where the textures should be, however they are not there or in my textures folder.

build4.jpg

3. In this shot the sim is calling for a texture called Parkhaus_untersicht.dds. As you can see I have the lightmap of that texture called Parkhaus_untersicht_lm.bmp but I dont have the corresponding texture that goes to it.

parkhaus.jpg

4. In the last shot the sim is calling for a texture called Redglass.bmp, however as can be seen, I dont have it.

redglass.jpg

Hopefully this will clear up any confusion.

Gianni, will you be able to get to your working environment soon so that you can take a look? If you have these texture I would appreciate it if you could email them to me in the address that I PM'ed you with yesterday.

I will keep checking back since I work at home and am on the computer for the better part of the day.

Thanks

Hi, thank you for this information. I had a look yesterday in the evening into the original version (my working version) and noticed that the mentioned files are there. This confuses me and I will try to investigate further why the files seem to be missing in the installer versions. Please send me an email which contains your registration number. This will be needed to ringfence the problem. Unfortunately the guys from aerosoft are engaged heavily in the preperation for the upcoming conference in Munich. But I will try my best. I am working today until 18:00 local time and if I have your code I will send the files to you asap.

kind regards

gianni

• Developer

PS: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=30796 Mat gibt sogar 50cm an. 1m ist doch eigentlich Standard Einstellung vom FSX oder?

Was du hier anfĂ¼hrst, ist die Textureinstellung. Ich meinte die Darstellung des Höhenmodells (Mesh). FĂ¼r Innsbruck wird 5m empfohlen.

What you are referring to is the texture resolution. What I meant is the Mesh Complexity. For Innsbruck 5m is recommended.

regards

Hi, thank you for this information. I had a look yesterday in the evening into the original version (my working version) and noticed that the mentioned files are there. This confuses me and I will try to investigate further why the files seem to be missing in the installer versions. Please send me an email which contains your registration number. This will be needed to ringfence the problem. Unfortunately the guys from aerosoft are engaged heavily in the preperation for the upcoming conference in Munich. But I will try my best. I am working today until 18:00 local time and if I have your code I will send the files to you asap.

kind regards

gianni

Gianni, I just sent you a PM containing my order info with Order Number and my Serial Number, plus other info. Since you just replied to my message about 20 minutes ago, I hope you will be able to send me those textures soon. I wish you had told me you needed that info when I sent you the first PM when you asked for my email so that you could have sent them to me already. No worries though, better now than never.

Anyway, thanks for getting this taken care of. Hopefully you will be able to post an update for all the other customers who have this product and most likely have those textures missing as well.

I really like the look of what you have done and I look forward to making some flights to and from there once I get all the necessary files.

Regards,

Sean

• Deputy Sheriffs

... For Innsbruck 5m is recommended.

Did I miss something in the manual? I couldn't find any recommendation.

BTW I'm also missing those scenery files mentioned in threads above.

Otto

• Developer

+++ MISSING TEXTURE FILES +++

Dear all,

"If anything can go wrong, it will". As reported in this thread some texture files are missing in the released version. This may cause slower performance under some circumstances. I will convert the mentioned textures this evening around 7 pm local time (MET) and will post a download link here.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks to the fellows who posted this issue!

gianni

+++ MISSING TEXTURE FILES +++

Dear all,

"If anything can go wrong, it will". As reported in this thread some texture files are missing in the released version. This may cause slower performance under some circumstances. I will convert the mentioned textures this evening around 7 pm local time (MET) and will post a download link here.

gianni

No problem it can happen it's human work thanks for the fast follow-up :-)

Cheers,

André Folkers

Level-d development team

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did I miss something in the manual? I couldn't find any recommendation.

BTW I'm also missing those scenery files mentioned in threads above.

Otto

Second paragraph on page 35 in the English text: "Our scenery includes a very precise elevation model. The placement of the 3D objects is based on a mesh resolution of 5m. Please make sure you have set the mesh resolution in FSX settings to 5m. "

gianni

No problem. I'm glad I was able to help. That entry I use in the cfg is really cool feature of FSX to catch errors of missing textures. Had I not had that in the cfg I probably would have never found the error and been able to report it to you. Hopefully it will solve some of the performance problems others have been having.

Regards

• Developer

Dear Customers,

As reported in this thread (thank u Sean!) some texture files have been left during the delivery of the final release to the publisher. To solve this issue on short notice I have compiled the missing files and would like to provide you with a small "Quick-Patch". Please download the files and install the files as described in the file "README.txt".

http://server.giannisworld.net/dateien/LOWI_X_patches/LOWI_X_texture_addon.zip

This patch is only required until the files will be added to the current installer-version from aerosoft.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT:

All Users who downloaded the patch already (relevant is March 11, 2010, 9.50 pm): please rename the file "leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds" in "leitplanke_lm kopie.dds" (that means: please erase the underscore).

For downloads later than the mentioned date and time this modificiation is not relevant because the correct spelling was changed in the uplaod.

Sorry again

gianni / design team

Sorry Gianni but I do have a question. I just downloaded the files and they are in .dds format, while the ones in the current FSX version are all .bmp files, as can be seen in the screen shots I posted. Is there going to be any problem using the file nordportal_dach_lm.dds with the one that I already have called nordportal_dach.bmp.

As you can see the lightmap nordportal_dach_lm.dds is a dds file while the day texture nordportal_dach.bmp is a bmp file. Any harm in mixing dds light maps with bmp day textures?

Also since you included leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds we dont have a day texture of leitplanke_kopie.dds.

Anyway you can send us leitplanke_kopie.dds as well? Or is leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds only a lightmap and has no day texture?

Thanks

• Developer

Sorry Gianni but I do have a question. I just downloaded the files and they are in .dds format, while the ones in the current FSX version are all .bmp files, as can be seen in the screen shots I posted. Is there going to be any problem using the file nordportal_dach_lm.dds with the one that I already have called nordportal_dach.bmp.

As you can see the lightmap nordportal_dach_lm.dds is a dds file while the day texture nordportal_dach.bmp is a bmp file. Any harm in mixing dds light maps with bmp day textures?

Also since you included leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds we dont have a day texture of leitplanke_kopie.dds.

Anyway you can send us leitplanke_kopie.dds as well? Or is leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds only a lightmap and has no day texture?

Thanks

As far as I know the mixture is not a problem. The "only" difference between DDS-format and BMP-format is that FSX handles DDS-formats more efficient. I was - to be honest - not aware of this point, but it was a very good hint to improve the performance further. Accordingly, I will recompile all textures into DDS-format. These new files will be made available in a patch on the support-site of aerosoft next week.

In my understanding the famous trigger in fsx.cfg just checks whether or not a texture is missing. The indication that a specific file is missing totally is reported "ABC.DDS is missing". In this case neither the file in bmp nor in DDS is available. To keep it short: if you have "leitplanke_kopie.bmp" this is fine; nevertheless it would be better if you had "leitplanke_kopie.dds" because the loading time of the DDS-format is quicker.

I hope that I didn't confuse you.

cu

Thanks but the other thing I was trying do get across is that I DONT have a file called "leitplanke_kopie.bmp" or "leitplanke_kopie.dds" to go with the lightmap you just posted called "leitplanke_lm_kopie.bmp"

Could you please post the file "leitplanke_kopie.dds" as well so that I have the day texture to go with the light map you sent.

Thanks.

Hey Gianni sorry, but there is a syntax error with leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds. Look in the photo below and you will see that the texture will not load in the way it is titled as leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds. It needs to be renamed to leitplanke_lm kopie.dds leaving out the underscore _ between lm and kopie. Once it is remaned to leitplanke_lm kopie.dds it works without error.

1.jpg

However in this pic below you will notice that with leitplanke_lm kopie.dds installed I do not have a leitplanke kopie.dds to go with it and I have no error, which tells me that the bgl that is calling for the lightmap isn't ever calling for the daymap since I dont have one and am not getting an error. So I am thinking that the bgl script needs to be corrected so that it calls for the daymap as well as the lightmap.

2.jpg

What do you think and maybe you should change the upload for the misnamed leitplanke_lm Kopie texture so that others dont have the issue as well.

• Developer

Hey Gianni sorry, but there is a syntax error with leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds. Look in the photo below and you will see that the texture will not load in the way it is titled as leitplanke_lm_kopie.dds. It needs to be renamed to leitplanke_lm kopie.dds leaving out the underscore _ between lm and kopie. Once it is remaned to leitplanke_lm kopie.dds it works without error.

1.jpg

However in this pic below you will notice that with leitplanke_lm kopie.dds installed I do not have a leitplanke kopie.dds to go with it and I have no error, which tells me that the bgl that is calling for the lightmap isn't ever calling for the daymap since I dont have one and am not getting an error. So I am thinking that the bgl script needs to be corrected so that it calls for the daymap as well as the lightmap.

2.jpg

What do you think and maybe you should change the upload for the misnamed leitplanke_lm Kopie texture so that others dont have the issue as well.

Yes. Gonna do this in a minute. Sorry again. ;)

• Developer

and ... LOWI_afx_app_jv.bgl ?

Sorry, I am confused now. What are you reffering to? I will be on a conference from tomorrow until Sunday. So whatever is to be changed cannot be done prior to sunday.

regards

So whatever is to be changed cannot be done prior to sunday.

regards

Thanks Gianni. So does that mean that we will or wont get the fix that you mentioned a few post above you were going to do in a minute?

Also, will you be able to change the script in the bgl that calls for those two files when you get back from the conference? What I mean is changing the script so that the bgl calls for leitplanke kopie, since it is not calling for it now.

Thanks.

• Developer

Thanks Gianni. So does that mean that we will or wont get the fix that you mentioned a few post above you were going to do in a minute?

Also, will you be able to change the script in the bgl that calls for those two files when you get back from the conference? What I mean is changing the script so that the bgl calls for leitplanke kopie, since it is not calling for it now.

Thanks.

The fix is done already. See the "EDIT" in the post above where I announced the download.

cu

The fix is done already. See the "EDIT" in the post above where I announced the download.

cu

Hi Gianni, I got that and thanks. What I was refering to was the scripting edit for the bgl that calls the day texture leitplanke kopie.dds and the actual texture itself, which as you can see in my shots is still missing.

In other words, we now have the texture leitplanke_lm kopie.dds which was missing and is now there and corrected. However that file is only a lightmap. We still dont have the day texture which would be called leitplanke kopie.dds and the bgl script error I am refering is that the sim isn't calling for it. It should be calling for it if we have the lightmap texture (leitplanke_lm kopie.dds), right? Otherwise why would we have a lightmap texture but no day texture of that lightmap?

I hope that makes sense and is the best way for me to describe what I mean. We now have the lightmap but no day texture of the lightmap and the bgl that calls for it isnt calling for it.

Regards