Approaching Innsbruck FSX Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

Hi Harry,

Which textures disappear under which conditions? The only textures which are drawn quite lately are the lights for PAPI and the runway lights if you have a rather weak graphic card (like me ;) ).

The issue with AI-traffic is a known problem. We referred to this topic in the documentation. Up to now there are heavy restrictions in FSX to manage AI-traffic procedures. Another source of problems can be the quality of used AI-planes. Do you have installed AI-traffic addons which come with own airport files? In this case you must make sure that an existing AF2 or ADE-file for LOWI is disabled.

Thanks Gianni,

I have a gtx285 and I'm running a i7-950 @ 4.2.

That's correct, sometimes the PAPI is very weak in terms of visibility (very weak gray/reddish). Also sometimes a/c textures are only in gray. Sometime the texures of user a/c disappear (maybe this depends more on buffer pool settings and the known problems with fsx/win7)

The ai a/c are from mtx and ut2 respectively, that means both are fsx-sdk products.

I can disable the BR2 file but I don't think this is the problem because aerosoft_innsbruck has higher priority in the scenery.cfg

I remember Jim Vile had offered an advanced ade file of innsbruck some time ago. I'm not sure if this worked with 08/ai traffic but I can check this and compare it with that one.

btw, I remember one comment about reflections of the Inn river. I have something similar if I'm approaching from north/east at dusk (will prepare a foto, when 'm back home)

anyway, I love to fly to innsbruck and it works seemless with atx/pro (and utx) as I can say up to now.

thanks Gianni

Harry

• Developer

i have no air-traffic and no car and train traffic !!!!!:(

Please check whether or not you have a Vistamare subdirectory below the FSX Maindir? If you had not (eg because you are not using AES) please downlod the latest installer and reinstall the scenery.

regards

Please check whether or not you have a Vistamare subdirectory below the FSX Maindir? If you had not (eg because you are not using AES) please downlod the latest installer and reinstall the scenery.

regards

pictures :

No train station !!!

notraffic1.png

No cars in the main street ( only in the secondary ! )

notraffic2.png

:huh:

I Have the "vistamare" dir !!!

:blink:

• Upvote 1

View PostSwen, on 08 March 2010 - 01:07 PM, said:

This problem is normal if you have amount of 4 GB RAM. If FS need 3GB you get this problem. On anypoint, the textures cant load in to RAM. Then objects popup and starts to load. That drop frames for a short time. But general frames are so down. The city in front steal so much of frames. If i overflow the city frames go a littlebit more up. If i'm outside and look to city frames go down. Gianni your scenery is great, but 15 frames or less are not acceptable. Mega Airport Frankfurt 25 and more and Innsbruck 15... Now i know that is not my problem only. I will check how much frames drop this evening and post you some screenshots.

We tested the scenery in various environments but the tester staff did not report a significant drop in the performance. Of course the individual seetings - density and coverage of autogen-objects, water settings - play an important role. Same for your individual hardware. Please try to set autogen to "DENSE". Water settings should be set quite low. Avoid bloom effects - this is a framekiller.

To control animated traffic (cars, trains) use LOWItraffic.exe to define in which parts of the scenery the traffic shall be visible.

So switch traffic off... Now my pics

http://yfrog.com/j0201038182842189jx

Gianni,

First off I would like to say that you did a nice job on the FSX version. Also I would like to thank you for either mip mapping the textures or if their not mip mapped, what ever you have done, because this scenery doesn't have any shimmering, so thanks.

There is a problem however with some missing textures. I added the Showmissingtextureallert=1 to my FSX.cfg to check for any missing pieces and this is what it found.

I am missing the following textures in my FSX version install:

Leitplanke_LM Kopie

Nordportal_Dach_LM

Build_4_Fassade_3

Build_4_Fassade_3_LM

Parkhaus_Untersicht

Redglass

I have gone into the texture folder and confirmed that the following textures are missing. However the missing texture alert said that all the textures missing were .dds, however in the FSX version in my scenery folder they are all .bmp's.

Now, the first one I had listed as missing, Leitplanke_LM Kopie, I couldn't find the corresponging texture that I assume would be Leitplanke_Kopie. I do have the other textures leitplanke.bmp and leitplanke_lm.bmp, so I am not sure what bgl is calling for the one called Leitplanke_lm Kopie. I can confirm though that all the other textures I have listed are missing from my texture folder.

I have no performance issues, however from what I understand having missing textures can cause problems, so if possible can you post an update with the textures that are missing, or email them to me. I can provide my email in a PM if needed.

On a side note, I do have AI on the airport, however I haven't hung around long enough to observe any landing or taking off. What I want to confirm is that we DO NOT need to have Jim Vile's LOWI_afx_app_jv.bgl installed into our Scenery\Global\scenery folder as your file already includes the approach fixes, correct?

Thanks

• Developer

There is a problem however with some missing textures. I added the Showmissingtextureallert=1 to my FSX.cfg to check for any missing pieces and this is what it found.

Leitplanke_LM Kopie

Nordportal_Dach_LM

Build_4_Fassade_3

Build_4_Fassade_3_LM

Parkhaus_Untersicht

Redglass

I have gone into the texture folder and confirmed that the following textures are missing. However the missing texture alert said that all the textures missing were .dds, however in the FSX version in my scenery folder they are all .bmp's.

Now, the first one I had listed as missing, Leitplanke_LM Kopie, I couldn't find the corresponging texture that I assume would be Leitplanke_Kopie. I do have the other textures leitplanke.bmp and leitplanke_lm.bmp, so I am not sure what bgl is calling for the one called Leitplanke_lm Kopie. I can confirm though that all the other textures I have listed are missing from my texture folder.

I have no performance issues, however from what I understand having missing textures can cause problems, so if possible can you post an update with the textures that are missing, or email them to me. I can provide my email in a PM if needed.

Thank you for your kind words and the very useful information. To be honest I do not understand why the alert is naming these textures because we did not see that any texture is missing on the corresponding objects. For exampe "Leitplanke_LM" should be visible on the inner parts of the mantainance box nearby the round Tyrolean Hangar (east of the hangar). If this textures really was missing the object should be black during dusk, night and dawn. But in my working version the object (it is the crash barrier on front of the inner panels)is textured properly. I have to go deeper into this question. Anyway - please send me your email to discuss this issue on short notice.

On a side note, I do have AI on the airport, however I haven't hung around long enough to observe any landing or taking off. What I want to confirm is that we DO NOT need to have Jim Vile's LOWI_afx_app_jv.bgl installed into our Scenery\Global\scenery folder as your file already includes the approach fixes, correct?

Indeed, this is the case. But could you please try to temporarilly deactivate Jim's file just to see whether or not AI-Traffic then still is working? I am asking because the AI-Traffic issue is still not really solved satisfying and we are in close contact with Jim to find out what reasons may cause the problems which have been reported by other users. Would be great to hearing from you.

Regards

• Developer

No train station !!!

No cars in the main street ( only in the secondary ! )

I Have the "vistamare" dir !!!

:blink:

Hi,

please tell me whether or not you are already using AES?

Do you really have activated the traffic by hooking on the boxes on the small screen which is opening when you activate the file "LOWITraffic.exe"?

Have you already downloaded the most recent installer from aerosoft?

Easy, check the pics and than you know what i want and what i write down before some posts up. I've make some pics with my frames.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Easy, check the pics and than you know what i want and what i write down before some posts up. I've make some pics with my frames.

Sorry, if you are not able to tell me what the problems are then I will not be able to help you. Thank you for your understanding.

Ok, then i write down again my problem. (Look some post up there stay all)

I have very bad frames with this scenery. It drops down to 12-15. If i fly without innsbruck scenery then the frames are stable with addon plane between 40-50. You mean switch off or dense the traffic. I switch now off the traffic and i post you the pics with result. The frames are bad. The scenery looks good, but frames drive to hell... :( So one solution is there to switch off the city or anything to increase frames. But you are the developer.

Leitplanke_LM Kopie

Nordportal_Dach_LM

Build_4_Fassade_3

Build_4_Fassade_3_LM

Parkhaus_Untersicht

Redglass

LOWI_afx_app_jv.bgl installed into our Scenery\Global\scenery folder

here too ... :(

• Developer

Ok, then i write down again my problem. (Look some post up there stay all)

I have very bad frames with this scenery. It drops down to 12-15. If i fly without innsbruck scenery then the frames are stable with addon plane between 40-50. You mean switch off or dense the traffic. I switch now off the traffic and i post you the pics with result. The frames are bad. The scenery looks good, but frames drive to hell... :( So one solution is there to switch off the city or anything to increase frames. But you are the developer.

Swen, what is about the water settings and the bloom effects? What is about autogen-setting? Did you try to play around a little bit? It is common sense that these parameters affect the performance. Another thing is the usage of weather addons with a very high resolution of the cloud textures. Additionally there are different sources of possible bottlenecks in the hardware. It is impossible for me to give you adequate answers without any information from your side.

Just saying "the performance is bad" does not mean anything. It is totally clear that without the scenery you have higher performance. So this information is quite useless, sorry to say that.

We - as mentioned - have tested the scenery in very different constellations but we could not find such bad impact on the framerate. So it must be another thing. What you can do to decrease the workload is to manually deactivate (eg. by renaming) the bgl-files in the scenery-subdirectory (eg city.bgl -> city.bak). But I would be surprised that this really brings very much effect. Better it would be to start with the scenery-settings in your flightsim.

If you have a look on my pics then you will see that i have without innsbruck scenery more then 50 frames. So switch your scenery on and i have 12... Let me calculate... Thats round about 35 gone with an addon plane.

Here my settings:

http://img718.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=zwischenablage02f.jpg

DirectX9 without bloom effekt is on. With german airports Tegel and city in background i have round about 25... There missing 10 frames...

So, then i switch off the city... Bad way but this kind of frames are unacceptable...

• Upvote 1

• Developer

If you have a look on my pics then you will see that i have without innsbruck scenery more then 50 frames. So switch your scenery on and i have 12... Let me calculate... Thats round about 35 gone with an addon plane.

Here my settings:

http://img718.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=zwischenablage02f.jpg

DirectX9 without bloom effekt is on. With german airports Tegel and city in background i have round about 25... There missing 10 frames...

So, then i switch off the city... Bad way but this kind of frames are unacceptable...

Hi Swen,

I see in the screenshots that you are a german speaker. So why should we bother each other with bad english? Let's continue in german:

Deine Geländestruktureinstellung mit 1m ist extrem hoch. Ist Deine Hardware wirklich ausreichend? Ich würde auch Deine Wettereinstellungen hinunterdrehen. Das Ausschalten einzelner Objektdateien ist natürlich die allerletzte Lösung.

Es gibt eine Menge von Möglichkeiten, den FSX so zu konfigurieren, dass die Performance ganz allgemein besser wird. Du kannst Tegel nicht mit Innsbruck vergleichen. Das Höhenmodell von Innsbruck ist ja allein schon deutlich komplexer.

lg

Hm, ok welche Auflösung schlägst du dann genau vor? Ich habe ja sonst sehr sehr gute Frames und kann mich eigentlich nicht beschweren. Bei allen sonstigen Szenerien, bis auf London, habe ich eigentlich sehr gut Frames.

PS: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=30796 Mat gibt sogar 50cm an. 1m ist doch eigentlich Standard Einstellung vom FSX oder?

Hi all,

I have no AI traffic and although I have gone through this topic I could not find a solution.

The airports has no planes coming in or out or parked.

Any help?

Thanks,

Christos

• Developer

Hm, ok welche Auflösung schlägst du dann genau vor? Ich habe ja sonst sehr sehr gute Frames und kann mich eigentlich nicht beschweren. Bei allen sonstigen Szenerien, bis auf London, habe ich eigentlich sehr gut Frames.

PS: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=30796 Mat gibt sogar 50cm an. 1m ist doch eigentlich Standard Einstellung vom FSX oder?

Bitte teile uns deine Hardware mit.

Please give us information about your hardware.

lg

• Developer

Gianni, did you get my PM? I haven't heard back from you.

I will have access to my working environment not earlier than this evening. Gonna keep you posted!

regards