Approaching Innsbruck FSX Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

• Deputy Sheriffs

hm. Another question: do you have activated "dynamic scenery" in you FSX-settings?

Let's see what Oliver Pabst means to this question....

Currently I do not have an answer.

Under the "Graphics" tab in the "Display Settings" dialog box, I have "Advanced Animations" checked on the right pane. Also, "Airport Traffic" is "Medium" on the "Traffic" tab, but that one shouldn't matter.

• Developer

Yes I unticked the traffic boxes, saved, and then ticked all again and saved just to make sure.

But- no traffic or trains!

I just wanted to make sure this was not a common issue, before re-installing as a last resort...

Strangely, some traffic does seem to appear on an access loop to the north.

Do you have a VistaMare SubMenu below the "ADD-Ons" menu in the FSX Header?

• Developer

I have no "Addons" menu...

Which FSX Version do you have? SP2 or ACC?

Do you have a Vistamare subdir below the FSX Maindir?

Hello Shaun,

I love the scenery Innsbruck, I had a small issue after installing Innsbruck X I had to manually put the Approaching LOWI X (scenery texture) folder into the main FSX scenery library. It had just installed the scenery into the aerosoft library folder . So I just had the standard scenery at Innsbruck. Download version and windows vista 64 bit. Sorry I cannot get to the German flight show this year (next week) was nice meeting you at Paderborn.

Which FSX Version do you have? SP2 or ACC?

Do you have a Vistamare subdir below the FSX Maindir?

FSX ACC.

No Vistamare anywhere on this computer.

(Win 7 32-bit install)

• Developer

FSX ACC.

No Vistamare anywhere on this computer.

(Win 7 32-bit install)

Ok, I have doublecheck the FSX Installer of the scenery and, yes the Modules will not be installed. The issue is only happen, if no AES or other Scenery of Aerosoft is installed before, where this modules are also included.

So, you have two options:

1) Wait until beginning next week, when the installer is replaced

2) or Download the AES Installer here (Installer is free, check the Link in below "Try before Buy" in the product overview text). When you install AES, the modules are added. Maybe you can also check AES for Innsbruck in the DEMO mode, or you just remove the AES Basepack entry from the Scenery Library and delete the Subdir AES below <FSX>\Aerosoft, then AES is removed. But AES will do nothing as long as you don't switch on an airport in AESHelp.

AES will provide the Vistamare modules needed for the AESLite traffic and the Runwaylights.

Hello there seems to be a bug in the FS9 Version it does not detect German airpors 1 and installs the runway over the existing German airports 1 runmay see pictures below

(1) the two runways

post-285-126787273452_thumb.jpg

(2) showing German airpors 1 not found

post-285-126787274511_thumb.jpg

(3) showing German Airports 1 is installed

post-285-1267872848_thumb.jpg

• Developer

Hello there seems to be a bug in the FS9 Version it does not detect German airpors 1 and installs the runway over the existing German airports 1 runmay see pictures below

(1) the two runways

post-285-126787273452_thumb.jpg

(2) showing German airpors 1 not found

post-285-126787274511_thumb.jpg

(3) showing German Airports 1 is installed

post-285-1267872848_thumb.jpg

Yes - this is an issue, but we have defined a workaround: Due to the fact that some users happen to install the addons in places which are not common places the installer does not recognize that the addons are really installed. On the other hand LOWI from German Airports was offered in a variety of packages and it is not really easy for the installer routine to dedect existing LOWI-versions.

What you can do easily to manually deactivate all bgl-files in the GAP1-version related to LOWI. Usually these files contain "LOWI" in the name. Simply rename them eg from LOWI.bgl into LOWI.old. Same applies to the AFCAD files for LOWI.

Hope this helps.

Ok, I have doublecheck the FSX Installer of the scenery and, yes the Modules will not be installed. The issue is only happen, if no AES or other Scenery of Aerosoft is installed before, where this modules are also included.

So, you have two options:

1) Wait until beginning next week, when the installer is replaced

2) or Download the AES Installer here (Installer is free, check the Link in below "Try before Buy" in the product overview text). When you install AES, the modules are added. Maybe you can also check AES for Innsbruck in the DEMO mode, or you just remove the AES Basepack entry from the Scenery Library and delete the Subdir AES below <FSX>\Aerosoft, then AES is removed. But AES will do nothing as long as you don't switch on an airport in AESHelp.

AES will provide the Vistamare modules needed for the AESLite traffic and the Runwaylights.

Yes this is a fresh Windows install, and only the second addon in FSX, after CH PRO, which wouldn't have that module.

Many thanks for identifying the issue.

• Developer

Yes this is a fresh Windows install, and only the second addon in FSX, after CH PRO, which wouldn't have that module.

Many thanks for identifying the issue.

Btw: The installer should be fixed and replaced too in the meantime, so you can also redownload the LOWI Installer and reinstall the scenery (Option 1)

Hello Shaun,

I love the scenery Innsbruck, I had a small issue after installing Innsbruck X I had to manually put the Approaching LOWI X (scenery texture) folder into the main FSX scenery library. It had just installed the scenery into the aerosoft library folder . So I just had the standard scenery at Innsbruck. Download version and windows vista 64 bit. Sorry I cannot get to the German flight show this year (next week) was nice meeting you at Paderborn.

Hello Fred,

Was nice meeting you too.

Just flew around with the Catalina, performance is very good !

Thats my big problem. On final 26 with houses in front of me, my frames goes to hell... If i overfly the city the frames goes up. I dont have problems with frames at EDDF. They are stable and fine, but Innsbruck break my nack.

My system in use FSX with SP2 and Win7 64Bit.

I like the scenery very well, but I have disappearing textures (even when fps are okay) - more than on other heavy impact places

AI traffic (MyTrafficX or UT2 ) can start on rw 08 - but do not land on rw 08. a/c passes about 200 meters left-hand, than disappears.

I'm missing some further explanation how to approach innsbruck (particulary rw 08 approach) in the manual. There are no charts of LOWI (?)

Even if I like the scenery, I think the title "approaching innsbruck" is somehow misleading (see my points two and three)

cheers

Harry

• Developer

I like the scenery very well, but I have disappearing textures (even when fps are okay) - more than on other heavy impact places

AI traffic (MyTrafficX or UT2 ) can start on rw 08 - but do not land on rw 08. a/c passes about 200 meters left-hand, than disappears.

I'm missing some further explanation how to approach innsbruck (particulary rw 08 approach) in the manual. There are no charts of LOWI (?)

Even if I like the scenery, I think the title "approaching innsbruck" is somehow misleading (see my points two and three)

cheers

Harry

Hi Harry,

Which textures disappear under which conditions? The only textures which are drawn quite lately are the lights for PAPI and the runway lights if you have a rather weak graphic card (like me ;) ).

The issue with AI-traffic is a known problem. We referred to this topic in the documentation. Up to now there are heavy restrictions in FSX to manage AI-traffic procedures. Another source of problems can be the quality of used AI-planes. Do you have installed AI-traffic addons which come with own airport files? In this case you must make sure that an existing AF2 or ADE-file for LOWI is disabled.

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed yesterday Approaching Innsbruck for FSX ( FSX Acc installed).

Before installation I had up to 50 fps, now decreased approaching runway down to 10fps.

What the hell happened? I did not installed static aircrafts.

The moving trains and vehicles look nice but where can I disable such things????

No settings are changed after installation.

Can anybody help me?

Thx

Hello!

I´m having dissapearing textures too. Like been parked in the tarmac and the buildings of the airport are flat gray and the FPS is between 15-25. After about 20 seconds (average) the buildings start to go normal again. If i change the views it starts all again. I thing my computer config can handle fsx as can be seem in my signature.

I defraged my HD, but didn´t see any improvement. I have other aerosoft scenerys and it´s the first time i see this thing (I had problems with flickering in other aerosoft´s scenerys but it was worked out) I´ll try to decrease the fsx quality config, but as said before, my computer can handle other detailed airports like FSDT, FTampa and other Aerosofts ap with the same config.

I was using DA f100 + REX 2.

Can you suggest a test to verify this issue that i´m having?

Thanks!

This problem is normal if you have amount of 4 GB RAM. If FS need 3GB you get this problem. On anypoint, the textures cant load in to RAM. Then objects popup and starts to load. That drop frames for a short time. But general frames are so down. The city in front steal so much of frames. If i overflow the city frames go a littlebit more up. If i'm outside and look to city frames go down. Gianni your scenery is great, but 15 frames or less are not acceptable. Mega Airport Frankfurt 25 and more and Innsbruck 15... Now i know that is not my problem only. I will check how much frames drop this evening and post you some screenshots.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

This problem is normal if you have amount of 4 GB RAM. If FS need 3GB you get this problem. On anypoint, the textures cant load in to RAM. Then objects popup and starts to load. That drop frames for a short time. But general frames are so down. The city in front steal so much of frames. If i overflow the city frames go a littlebit more up. If i'm outside and look to city frames go down. Gianni your scenery is great, but 15 frames or less are not acceptable. Mega Airport Frankfurt 25 and more and Innsbruck 15... Now i know that is not my problem only. I will check how much frames drop this evening and post you some screenshots.

We tested the scenery in various environments but the tester staff did not report a significant drop in the performance. Of course the individual seetings - density and coverage of autogen-objects, water settings - play an important role. Same for your individual hardware. Please try to set autogen to "DENSE". Water settings should be set quite low. Avoid bloom effects - this is a framekiller.

To control animated traffic (cars, trains) use LOWItraffic.exe to define in which parts of the scenery the traffic shall be visible.

• Developer

where do I find LOWItraffic.exe??

Thx

Normally any bought version contains the installer which will have located this file in [YOURFS]aerosoft\LOWI_X\. Another way to find the file is to use the search-functionality in your operating system.

regards

Hi Gianni,

thanks, will try it the next few days and change the configuration several times.

Keep you inform if it solves the low frame rate on my desktop.

Regards

Hi, just installed, and looks great. Install went cleanly, only option entered was "install static vehicles". Did I miss something, on the install. No Ai traffic, ie parked aircraft. Airline traffic set at 85%, General at 80%.

i have no air-traffic and no car and train traffic !!!!!:(