Aerosoft Airbus X

Looks great, I can't wait! :)

Will the FMGS (or FMC) support SIDS/STARS?

Will you create more liveries that can be downloaded free of charge from your webpage?

And I do hope you're gonna make at least the A319 later on :D (maybe even the 330 and 340 series! :ph34r:)

AFAIK the FMC will not support SIDS/STARS though they may be added in a pro version later on

and liveries have already been made for almost all airlines.

btw i second that motion for a A318/319 and especcially a A330!

• Upvote 1

Hello Mathijs,

Something I forgot to ask you. Are the spoilers animated on this bus ? I mean are they moving a bit with wind like on the PMDG's ?

That brings a lot of reality on approaches....

Thank you

Greg

The spoilers do not move with the wind...

What You see is them acting as spoilerons.

Infact they are a bit complex...

Each wing has 5 spoilers.

On the ground when executing a rejected take off, or when landed an weight on wheels, all 5 spoilers will raise and act as speedbrakes.

In the air, when the spoiler handle is used, spoiler 2,3 & 4 will extend.

At the same time spoiler 2,3,4 & 5 also act as spoilerons.

All this has been implementet on the Airbus X.

Finn

... Are the spoilers animated on this bus ? I mean are they moving a bit with wind like on the PMDG's ?

I think you mean the "trembling" in the airstream. But as a pilot can never see his spoilers

from the cockpits point of view, i think this is a little bit useless...and costs a lot

of fps..

And you know what Mathijs would say: this is not a passenger-simulator... :rolleyes:

Timo

I think you mean the "trembling" in the airstream. But as a pilot can never see his spoilers

from the cockpits point of view, i think this is a little bit useless...and costs a lot

of fps..

And you know what Mathijs would say: this is not a passenger-simulator... :rolleyes:

Timo

I really don't get this way of thinking, if you exclude everything the pilot can't see, why do an external model then anyway?

On the ground when executing a rejected take off, or when landed an weight on wheels, all 5 spoilers will raise and act as speedbrakes.

Finn

I imagine that's a small typo Finn as when all parts are raised whilst on the ground, they are in fact acting as spoilers i.e. "spoiling the wing lift" to prevent or minimize possible bounce rather than having any great effect on reducing speed.

Looks like time is getting close for needing some beta testers ;)

I really don't get this way of thinking, if you exclude everything the pilot can't see, why do an external model then anyway?

I agree. Proper simulators only come with what is effectively a VC, so I see no reason for FS add-ons to have exterior models either..............except of course, that users like to see them.

What a developer needs to decide is exactly how much PC resource should a user waste on the exterior view of an aircraft when for the most time, the user is actually in the cockpit? Same argument applies to the passenger cabin as it's a massive resource hog that most users will only look at a few times.

All that said, have you actually looked at how much detail the exterior model has? Compare that with what you get in other recent well known add-ons that have flappy wings and very low resolution textures.

• Upvote 1

On the ground, even the pilot can see the whole aircraft on his outside-check.... :lol:

Seriously, of course i also would like to have effects like trembling speedbrakes, moving wingtips

when taxiing etc., but there´s always a "price" you have to pay for this minor important

eye-candys: lower and lower fps...

Timo

• Upvote 1

I imagine that's a small typo Finn as when all parts are raised whilst on the ground, they are in fact acting as spoilers i.e. "spoiling the wing lift" to prevent or minimize possible bounce rather than having any great effect on reducing speed.

Looks like time is getting close for needing some beta testers ;)

Completely right, the name "speedbrake" is a little bit unsuitable for all "lift-destroying-aids" on the surface

of a wing. For e.g. the Avro-Jet BAE 146 has a real "speedbrake" at his tail...

(That´s sometimes confusing, as the checklist says: "speedbrake armed" and after touchdown, the

PNF calls out "spoilers deploy")

Timo

Thank you Finn for this explanation. What I actually wanted to know is if the vibrating behavior of the extended spoilers was implemented ?

Greg

I agree.  Proper simulators only come with what is effectively a VC, so I see no reason for FS add-ons to have exterior models either..............except of course, that users like to see them.

What a developer needs to decide is exactly how much PC resource should a user waste on the exterior view of an aircraft when for the most time, the user is actually in the cockpit?  Same argument applies to the passenger cabin as it's a massive resource hog that most users will only look at a few times.

All that said, have you actually looked at how much detail the exterior model has?  Compare that with what you get in other recent well known add-ons that have flappy wings and very low resolution textures.

Personally i dont really fly much in the VC. i only it while while taxing to the runway, takeoff, and landing (partially). while cruising i always look around the A/c (do a walkaround ;) )sometimes try crazy things (loops and stalls and such), and start landing. also while landing i really like to look on a wingview to see the wingflex etc. (on finals i always use the VC so i can keep my speeds good).

BUT if i am doing a full autoland, i ALWAYS use the exterior view to see what it looks like.

• Upvote 1

Tranlation for non greek as far as I remember from school :

Yes, Ti gineté sibatrioti apo athina isé ?

(He is asking if the other guy is from Athens or something like that I believe..)

Let's get back to English now....

Greg (French) biggrin.gif

Well done Greg you can be a perfect transelator even though grecque est tres dificile!

NOW some questions for airbus x:

1 the cockpit has sun shades, like airsimmers project?

2 all the exits/doors animated?

3 and does the alerion and rudder fold?

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

can any body answer me plz what does mer ist means?

Mario, if you compare your post with all the others here you will see there are two differences. The first is that most people tend to use a standard font size and not the huge uncapitalized type you use. You also see that you managed to get a -10 score in just a few hours indicating that most people find your posts offensive or useless. I'll will have all your posts checked before they are seen by others so this does not extrapolate into more problems. You are more then welcome in this forum, but it is just decency to more or less do as what is common.

I also took the liberty to remove all your shouting posts.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Thank you Finn for this explanation. What I actually wanted to know is if the vibrating behavior of the extended spoilers was implemented ?

Greg

No, it's not planned. Like the wing tip movement (also called wing flex) it is a very small movement, a pixel on your screen, and would need to be made bigger then life to be really visible. I rather spend the time that needs on something that is seen all the time.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Well done Greg you can be a perfect transelator even though grecque est tres dificile!

NOW some questions for airbus x:

1 the cockpit has sun shades, like airsimmers project?

2 all the exits/doors animated?

3 and does the alerion and rudder fold?

1) We decided not to do the sun shades because it is very hard on framerates to add another transparent layer and we got no option to recolor the light that changes when the sun shines through the shades.

2) yes

3) I do not know what you mean with folding the ailerons or rudders. If you mean if they are animated, of course they are.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I have a couple questions about simulation overall... (Sorry, this is slightly off topic)...

But on average, how much money does it usually cost to develop a 'good' payware aircraft for FSX/FS9?

And how long does it take to develop from the first day to the day it's completed. (Not including times where nothing is done on the project)

Also, what is harder to make? (or takes the most time to make) The systems? or the visuals?

Thanks, and if there's a place someone could defer me to the answer to this question, please show! And i was only asking because of the recent talks on how much the BUS will cost.

thanks

Not going to give details, but you got to think of a budget between 50.000 and 100.000 Euro. And if done professionally by a team it takes about 6 months (though some projects take way longer. It is not possible to say what is harder or takes more time. They all got their own problems, but for a project like the Airbus the graphics are most likely the most demanding part. I think that for other aircraft like those done by PMDG the systems could take more time then the visuals.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

I tried a short hopp with the default Bus. With UTX, ASX, EDDT X, autogen low (medium cloud setting) I can fly very smooth on my system (VC between 18-35 fps, Outside between 20-55 fps). So I look forward to this baby. Have you tried the bus with real weather like ASX?

Well that will also be simular to the default bus of course. There is no reason to think that a change in the environment will change the framerate of our Bus compared to the default bus.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Quick note... there have been many many many posts here with questions that are answered in the very first post of this topic (that is updated with new information when we get it). I am not sure why people just dump a question without even reading the initial post, personally I would not do it because it's a but rude. But hey, perhaps that's me. I will however start to remove questions that are just repeated over and over.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

oh cool, doesn't it have something to do with the hydraulic pumps? But sounds like it easy to do? does that even take fps anyway? :)

I don't think it will hurt fps, it's more that we are not sure when and why it happens so we can not know what triggers it. At this moment I am also afraid of anything that I do not fully understand as we are under a tight deadline. The whole team is expected to be on other projects soon.

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

hi to everybody !

airbus x will have a weather radar?

1. You question has already been answered.

2. No it will not because the FSX engine doesn't support stuff like that. All the weather radars you see in FSX are fake... And it is very heavy on fps.

• Upvote 1