Aerosoft Airbus X

Mind if I contradict that? There are many approaches published right now that require the precision of GPS. In many airlines at this moment a complete positioning based on GPS is allowed.

I worry personally about that as I know even a very low power transmitter is able to block GPS signals and a little bit more powerful transmitter is able to feed false info into your TomTom. The signal send out by a GPS sat is very very weak. That's why military systems (that started the whole system) do not depend on it much these days. $150 and a electronics student can create a transmitter that warps the GPS system and will guide that 1998 smartbomb into the desert.

Spoofing a GPS signal isn't hard, but fooling the internal error checking of any good GPS system is a bit harder, I think, particularly when they use independent information for integrity monitoring (i.e. a baro altimeter). More to the point, though, if an modern airliner like an A320 loses GPS navigation, it still has RNAV capability and can still safely (and legally) fly RNAV approaches. Little GA planes flying WAAS approaches with a couple of Garmin GPSs have fewer options, of course.

Mind if I contradict that? There are many approaches published right now that require the precision of GPS. In many airlines at this moment a complete positioning based on GPS is allowed.

I worry personally about that as I know even a very low power transmitter is able to block GPS signals and a little bit more powerful transmitter is able to feed false info into your TomTom. The signal send out by a GPS sat is very very weak. That's why military systems (that started the whole system) do not depend on it much these days. $150 and a electronics student can create a transmitter that warps the GPS system and will guide that 1998 smartbomb into the desert.

As far as i know, GPS only approaches are not allowed for the most airlines in europe! GPS may never be the only source for navigation! Theoretically!

(In practice, no pilot is typing out the coordinates at the gate for ground alignment, but uses the GPS-data for it...)

The FMGS gets its data from one of the four modes in descending order:

-IRS/GPS

-IRS/DME/DME

-IRS/VOR/DME

-IRS only

So the current position of an aircraft is mostly the so called "mixed position" of INS and GPS (whereas GPS is the most accurate source indeed).

BTW, there are older airliners like the A300 or the MD80, which sometimes don´t have a GPS, but comply with the highest navigation standards like RNP-1, RVSM or P-RNAV.

Timo

• Upvote 1

Again and again, this is a not a simulation of an Airbus, this is a simulation of the work of an Airbus pilot. 

This is an essential clarification as of how FS Airplane simulation is viewed, implemented and marketed.

It is the first time I notice its importance. 

Sam

• Upvote 1

I can't wait, I'm your "target" customer, I hate the and complex and FPS hungry PMDG, i have no time to learn everything and to me it's no fun. I hate the look of the stock FSX airplane but the fact that they are FPS friendly mean that i take them once in a wile. I bought the Otter and the 777 so far with many of your scenery (8-10) and i'm very happy in general with your product. When i want complexity i go fly the real thing (Many 100' hours on Arrow and Seneca). I just bought a 5870 and the FPS didn't improve much so i have decided to stick with my OC E8600 and stop upgrating my computer every 6 months or so :-)

I'm amazed by the beautiful image on the livery thread, superb talent your guys have. I don't care about which livery you choose, anything better then the stupid and ugly stock FSX one is nice.

I see FSX as a game, a nice calm one after a hard day at work. So to me, complex aiplane/navigation system is not a must. I do like to watch the airplane with outside view so I appreciate the painters works. The only thing I do with the big bird is land them, no real long flight.

By the way, if there is a fix for the 777 as to: Nose wheel sinking in the pavement and the "jumping" problem on runways, i would appreciate a link or a patch. This Airbus will be a nice addition for shorter runways.

So far, for me, your 2 greatest products are the Twin Otter and Madeira, I was lucky enough last year to fly the Twin Otter and can tell you that you did a very good job with this one.

Madeira is simply stunning. I bought Iziba and the airport is superb but the rest of the island is not like Madeira. Maybe I'll buy Mallorca! (but 4gb at 250k second is a bit long)

Thanks for your product and hard work and thanks for making FSX a way better and nicer simulator/game. I also have to congrat the Fly Tampa team and same goes for the passionate FTX team.

Ben

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

Very nice. Can you confirm if the buttons are animated when you press them ?

Thanks,

Greg

All buttons that have function behind it are animated and have sound effects.

You see it a bit better in the second video (last for this weekend btw): http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=307

Just to alleviate any concerns, several aspects of the PFD and ND that are visible in that video have already changed pretty substantially. The first things I see, noticeable just from the still image, are: control surface limits and indicator plus the yaw bar (under 30 ft radalt) have been added to the PFD when on the ground; the bottom of the speed tape's markers are eliminated; on the ND, VOR's, airports, etc. are properly masked; Mathijs may have the VOR / ADF needles set to OFF, but all needles are in fact present, selectable, etc. ; Flight Mode Annunciator indications have changed and been added to; the flightplan is of course visible in the proper Nav Display modes... and probably a dozen other things. Again, this is just to snuff out any fires that the video may ignite. ;-) The displays immediately struck me as slightly older versions. But work on them is progressing nicely.

Scott

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, i dont like the sound of the default fuel pumps. is there a replacement or simply remove them?

The fuel pumps can not be heard in the cockpit, so it has to be any of the other sounds you near. I think you refer to the cooling of the instruments. It is tremendously loud, we were very surprised when we done that recording as none of us actually every heard it with engines off. At least half of all sounds in the cockpit in flight is just that. When the engines are running in idle you hardly hear it over the aircon.

Check this vid: http://www.forum.aer...ds&showfile=295

But it is all standard wav's, well documented so easy to tweak. Keeping the problem as open as possible was one of our major goals.

• Upvote 1

The fuel pumps can not be heard in the cockpit, so it has to be any of the other sounds you near. I think you refer to the cooling of the instruments. It is tremendously loud, we were very surprised when we done that recording as none of us actually every heard it with engines off. At least half of all sounds in the cockpit in flight is just that. When the engines are running in idle you hardly hear it over the aircon.

Check this vid: http://www.forum.aer...ds&showfile=295

But it is all standard wav's, well documented so easy to tweak. Keeping the problem as open as possible was one of our major goals.

No Mathijs i love that sound :). But your newest video, i can here the default fuel pump sound in the background. Try turning on the fuel pumps on the Mooney Bravo and then you'll know what im talking about.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I can't really remember but the blue metal textures of the cockpit aren't supposed to be slightly lighter ?

Greg

Well, the colors on a highly compressed video are always nasty, don't worry about that now. I'll attach a large PNG image. PNG keeps colors rather better then JPG. As Scott wrote, don;t spend to much time on the displays. I run older versions of the code in there.

post-43-126728563026_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

All buttons that have function behind it are animated and have sound effects.

You see it a bit better in the second video (last for this weekend btw): http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=307

Thanks for posting this Video Mathijs. It Has really whetted my appetite for this plane. This must be my most looked forward to download ever!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

No Mathijs i love that sound :). But your newest video, i can here the default fuel pump sound in the background. Try turning on the fuel pumps on the Mooney Bravo and then you'll know what im talking about.

Mmmm indeed.... need to check that, sorry!

• Upvote 1

I asked these questions a week ago but never received an answer???

Even more questions for Mathijs Kok regarding the A321/A320...

1.) Will the display screens (CRT/LCD) show or reflect glare like the real aircraft?

2.) Will the VC be a separate model like Microsoft uses in their default Airbus allowing use in our existing A318/A319/A320/A321 aircraft like Project Airbus, etc?

3.) Does the model include chocks, loaders and push-back tug or do we need AES? :lol:

4.) Can we change the panel colors (red/orange/blue) like the individual airlines do?

5.) Are any US airlines included in the release cycle? (answered with US Airways A320)

Looking good so far.....Darryl Enault

plus...

A.) Will all repaints have the same dirt (in paint-kit like Captain Sim's) or can it be added to one's individual taste?

B.) So far, I have not seen any dynamic shine or alpha...will it be added to the released product?

Keep up the good work...Darryl

• Upvote 2