Schiphol EHAM for FSX?:-)

lennard78

I have all fsdreamteam sceneries, and C9 EHAM, and have no issues whatsoever. If that is the only thing preventing you from purchasing the scenery, it is not an issue.

I do not know that anyone begrudges fs9 users, it is just that there is already one available. There are plenty of wishes for numerous airports out there, and to hear people ask for one that already exists is just plain frustrating in the eyes of some, and delays the release of other products.

I see your point however, and do agree that it is up to the developer.

P.S. If you use aes, then stay clear of Los Angeles, as it is not compatible.

Thanks for the info Waleed, but can you clarify further - can I install C9 AFTER having installed FSDT scenery? will my newer Addon Manager be overwritten or any such thing?

edit - but then I guess I could always reinstall my FSDT sceneries afterward if there was an issue - but at the end of the day I'd just prefer an Aerosoft version with all the latest fs9 can offer - which is a lot.

Mark, if I remember correctly, the Adon Manager will not be affected at all. The only thing is you have to install the update from the C9 site so it can become compatible with aes services. As far as FS scenery, I had Zurich and O'hare at the time, and do not remember any issues after installing C9.

By the way, I think the scenery is quite good for its age.

As for Aerosoft producing an FS9 version, well bring it on as I still use fs9 primarily as I wait for the newer I7, and the new windows 7 to see if they can get rid of the stuttering I get on my current system.

I hate the 9 vs. x discussion, but for now I agree that fs9 still packs a punch.

As for Aerosoft producing an FS9 version, well bring it on...

Mathijs has mentioned more than once that the user base is moving more to buying FSX products. Producing two versions is a lot of work, especially when your license purchase gets you both. I've noticed one developer has recently stopped this practice, and I think others will do the same.

As for EHAM for FS9, the horse has died. Stop beating it. :D

Mathijs has mentioned more than once that the user base is moving more to buying FSX products. Producing two versions is a lot of work, especially when your license purchase gets you both. I've noticed one developer has recently stopped this practice, and I think others will do the same.

Bruce, you forgot one very important point.

And it's called...

Customer Service.

Ok we all know everyone is going FSX. Ok. We get it now. Why don't YOU stop deating THAT dead horse. As there is really no legitimate bases behind your complaint. And yes, it sounds like you are complaining. You as an FSX user have nothing to loose if a FS9 version is made. And if Aerosoft chooses to work harder, to do an FS9 EHAM variant, it's because of good customer service. They are simply willing to honor the request because sometimes in life, you still want to keep your customer base happy. It is very nice of them to consider an FS9 version for us. Because, whereas FS9 sales are declining, they are still present. Aerosoft is known for good customer service and that is why the FS9 horse is NOT dead. At least not yet...

Let's please stop the FSX vs FS9 debates and all enjoy our sim experence. :):):)

I had you down as a funny guy Bruce ...but I see nothing funny in your comment, how wrong was I. B)

You as an FSX user have nothing to loose if a FS9 version is made.

I thought you and I had squared this debate before... I am (and will remain) an FS9 user! I just happen to have FSX on my system because, like I told you last time, there are sceneries I want that will not be available in FS9, like TahitiX. I have not purchased EHAM from anyone for any simulator, so if Aerosoft makes an FS9 version, I have nothing to gain or lose, unless I decide to purchase. I would much rather buy both with one license, but I'm being a realist. We don't always get what we want, Aerosoft can't always do things just because it might be good customer service.

Just to add a few FSX vs. Fs9 impressions! Ugh! I know ! :lol: I run both sims and, in my opinon, the Aerosoft Aiports are much nicer in the fs-9 version! For FSX, the neat Aerosoft airport support vehicles are removed and seems the textures look a little degraded too! Maybe the FSX versions are modified fs-9 editions! But thay still look nice! On the other hand, my absolute fav Aerosoft scenery is Frisian Island hopping only for FSX! I am going i-core 7, so I will go all FSX! But I wish I could take Aerosoft's fs-9 airports with me! ;)

I thought you and I had squared this debate before... I am (and will remain) an FS9 user! I just happen to have FSX on my system because, like I told you last time, there are sceneries I want that will not be available in FS9, like TahitiX. I have not purchased EHAM from anyone for any simulator, so if Aerosoft makes an FS9 version, I have nothing to gain or lose, unless I decide to purchase. I would much rather buy both with one license, but I'm being a realist. We don't always get what we want, Aerosoft can't always do things just because it might be good customer service.

You are not making sence Bruce. And your being a "realist" is just another word for pessimist as you relate to FS9. If I am wrong, then stop countering FS9 users with your "FS9 is dead opinions" when we ask if somthing can be made for FS9. Mmkay pumpkin? :blink:

Just to add a few FSX vs. Fs9 impressions! Ugh! I know ! :lol: I run both sims and, in my opinon, the Aerosoft Aiports are much nicer in the fs-9 version! For FSX,

Compare EDDH for FS9 and FSX then you are so wrong lol

FSX version is much better :-)

Guys just enjoy whatever sim and live with the fact the the majority (not the vocal ones) is maybe choosing another way ;-)

(FS9 or FSX or Xplane they all have the beauty of aviation on your desktop in a special way:-) and when you enjoy it who cares :-))

Have fun guys... I personally will at least enjoy a quality airport in FSX which is nice for us Dutch guys hope the same will be for my FS9 fellow simmers :-)

I have got my i-core 7 rig working at last! Some vid card issue! and the Aerosoft FSX airports now look as good as their FS-9 counterparts! Just get a 1 gig vid card! FSX and a i-core 7 cpu a match made in heaven! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Have fun guys... I personally will at least enjoy a quality airport in FSX which is nice for us Dutch guys hope the same will be for my FS9 fellow simmers :-)

This FS9'er, who also has FSX installed but prefers FS9, appreciates this comment Andre :)

Gavin

The airports planned for FSX are a nice collection and i'm sure will be worthy of the effort and detail that goes into them. The cries however from some here about lack of Dutch airports for FS9 seems a bit daft as there are truly excellent versions available, including Schipol, and for free at the NL2000 site.

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/

I'm not promoting them or saying one is better than the other, just the fact all the major airports mentioned here and a considerable number of GA airports and military ones are built and fully functional. Download V.3 as it's truly excellent

The airports planned for FSX are a nice collection and i'm sure will be worthy of the effort and detail that goes into them. The cries however from some here about lack of Dutch airports for FS9 seems a bit daft as there are truly excellent versions available, including Schipol, and for free at the NL2000 site.

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/

I'm not promoting them or saying one is better than the other, just the fact all the major airports mentioned here and a considerable number of GA airports and military ones are built and fully functional. Download V.3 as it's truly excellent

Very true.

But not all of us want all of The Netherlands. Just an Aerosoft standard EHAM.

Thanks for the link though, much appreciated. :)

• Aerosoft
Bruce, you forgot one very important point.

And it's called...

Customer Service.

Ok we all know everyone is going FSX. Ok. We get it now. Why don't YOU stop deating THAT dead horse. As there is really no legitimate bases behind your complaint. And yes, it sounds like you are complaining. You as an FSX user have nothing to loose if a FS9 version is made. And if Aerosoft chooses to work harder, to do an FS9 EHAM variant, it's because of good customer service. They are simply willing to honor the request because sometimes in life, you still want to keep your customer base happy. It is very nice of them to consider an FS9 version for us. Because, whereas FS9 sales are declining, they are still present. Aerosoft is known for good customer service and that is why the FS9 horse is NOT dead. At least not yet...

Let's please stop the FSX vs FS9 debates and all enjoy our sim experence. :):):)

I am going to close this topic, it's getting a bit too hot.

However there is one last comment. Customer service is VERY important for us, of course and we got the awards to proof we mean put our money where our mouth is in that aspect. You state: "if Aerosoft chooses to work harder, to do an FS9 EHAM variant, it's because of good customer service." but it is not that simple. Everything we do is paid by customers. It is our only source of income. If 200 people on the forum would start to ask about a FS2002 version of Amsterdam it would look like a big deal on this forum, a LOT bigger then the people asking for a FS2004 version, right? But that would not mean it would be right, if we would do it you, the FS2004 customer would pay partly for that FS2002 version. And as a matter of fact the same will be true for the FSX versus FS2004 users. As the FS2004 will be in part a 'customer service' does not mean it is free, it is paid for by FSX users. In this case a choice we feel is reasonable, in other case not.

But "customer service" and "if Aerosoft chooses to work harder" is paid by the customers. It is not always fair to ask customers who update to sponsor customers who choose not to do so. We will not do a Catalina for FS2004, nor will the F-16 ever be.

• 2 weeks later...

yep :) maar de 4. Qu. is te lang om te wachten vint je neit. :lol: sorry if my dutch is rusty i havent been there since i was 8. :blush: but serouisly i cant wait till the release of this product, very happy you guys did decided to make it.

• 1 month later...
Lovely project! I'm living near Schiphol. I would buy the FS9 version. Please consider an FS9 version

Aerosoft is making an FS9 version of Schiphol, and an FSX version bundled with Lelystad and Rotterdam.

• 2 weeks later...
It is being worked on but we got serious problems getting access to the airport.

Mathijs,

is this still an issue? If so, pm me.