Bell 205 Huey

You really should see it in action. :lol:

Bests Joachim

I intend to, as soon as I see it released I'm a gonna test it to death :lol:

Can you imagine using this in the Maldives at night? That would be Sooooooo cool. I think I'll go fishing from 200 feet :lol:

Hello together

I finds the work shown here as a very good connection to the reality.

The represented looks for more and pictures make it to tides like one.

I still hope for it be able to she publish the Paywareversion perhaps this weekend. I will not miss to purchase the machine.

yours sincerely

Cideg

...The light technique we use is that strong, that it illuminates everything. You can place your bird in the space, and light down to the earth and whohaaa, YOU are the sun! really it is an awesome light. But not real sad.gif

So we have to limit it in distance. We are working on this at the moment and I think we got pretty good results now. ...

But look at the screen below. You see it looks pretty real, and it even lights snow and so on. You really should see it in action. laugh.gif

Bests Joachim

Mr. Joachim Schweigler,

That "Lotus Style" exterior lighting looks amazing on the Huey; can you also make/add a brightness interior lighting for the VC (make it variable)? It is variable in the actual cockpit and is turned up when needed and lowered during flight for better exterior visibility at night.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

No there will be no dimable lights but you can switch on backlight (green or white, depending on model) and domelight green and white (green as an option) So in the military variant you have various lights in the cockpit you can choose from. only green backlighting, green backlighting and green dome lights, green backlighting and white domelights, no light. There is something for everyone

Hi, at the last awesome screenie I saw that the part left and right (top, over the foot windows) from the panel is transparancy. Is it a view failure or a texture problem?

Here a pic from Heliport.de

huey_12.jpg

Guest inbrekers1

Pleasenote, that this is work in progress.

Are you kidding me? This looks lika a completly finished product (except for a few gauges) But in this status, I would already buy this bird.

Here I go again.

Questions from the hovercontrol members:

Does the Huey run in FS9?

Does the Huey run with FSX Acceleration Pack?

J.Schweiger answer please wink.gif

Here I go again.

Questions from the hovercontrol members:

Does the Huey run in FS9?

Does the Huey run with FSX Acceleration Pack?

J.Schweiger answer please wink.gif

I think I can answer right away.

FS9 - No

Acceleration -Yes

Attached some night light screenshots of the german army version.

off

Green backlight

Green backlight and green dome lights

Green backlight and white dome lights

no backlight and white dome lights

You can choose what you need in flight and switch it.

What is more easy than the FSX standard flight model?

Flight Sim has never been great at simulating Helo flight so I was suggesting that a simplified flight model that would make it easy to hold a precise hover and such be included to aid the newbies to helo flying. I remember when I first started flying helos it took quite a bit of getting used to. Then again, a lot of that was dependent on the realism settings.

Flight Sim has never been great at simulating Helo flight so I was suggesting that a simplified flight model that would make it easy to hold a precise hover and such be included to aid the newbies to helo flying. I remember when I first started flying helos it took quite a bit of getting used to. Then again, a lot of that was dependent on the realism settings.

I flown a lot of the whirlybirds in FS and though FSX is better then the previous versions it still is not very realistic. HOWEVER, any attempt to make it more realistic have just pushed those models out of my competence level. I am more or less able to handle the 206 and the people who I fly with on occasion also seem to be able to handle that one. I would be happy if the flight model would be similar to what FSX offers (and what all but a few addon helicopters) use. For me it works.

Flying helicopters in a simulator is just very hard as it is very much a kind of piloting where your bum is a major instrument. I flown hundreds of hours in helicopters, never as pilot though, and in my opinion the limited level of possible simulation coupled with the modest skill level of most users and control hardware used by most users just works in the Bell 206. It feels and looks realistic enough to me. Making hovering even harder would kill the joy for me.

Spiffing looking model btw, congrats on that!

Antoine

I must say, that I am a bit disappointed because of the last posts.

I am always anxious for doing an add on as real as it gets, at least in flight feeling aspects. I am afraid, that the FSX standard model is a bit boring. The FSX choppermodel is that simplified, that it even don't allowes to make it more real, however you can do some tricks to make some things.

Flying a real chopper is of course much harder than in FSX but also not rocket science. You can learn it.

My personal wish is it, to do a more realistic flight model. Lets see if there are more comments on this.

Joachim

I am always anxious for doing an add on as real as it gets, at least in flight feeling aspects. I am afraid, that the FSX standard model is a bit boring. The FSX choppermodel is that simplified, that it even don't allowes to make it more real, however you can do some tricks to make some things.

Flying a real chopper is of course much harder than in FSX but also not rocket science. You can learn it.

My personal wish is it, to do a more realistic flight model. Lets see if there are more comments on this.

Joachim

I think you may have slightly missunderstood the purpose of my post. I was not advocating that the default flight model be simplified. But only that perhaps an additional alternative simplified flight model be included for any newbies who wanted to fly helos without going through the steep learning curve that it entails in FS.

Hmm... Even with full right realism setting the stock FSX choppers hower almost hands and feet off. What could we do more easy? There is always the option to set them full left, though I never tried for choppers. I will do later this evening.

IF we would decide to do a more advanced flightmodel using an aditional system it surely can be switched off, so the standard model is used, but we are not sure about this at the moment.

Bests Joachim

Hmmmm as i can see in the last posts the Huey panel isn't exactly as the original millitary panel. TO's are different and the gauges as EGT you can find them in civil helicopters as Bell206

Here is a photo of Greek's Army Aviation Huey panel which i believe is the classic panel for UH-1H/B/D versions

(Don't look all this mess this huey is under maintenanceblush.gifblush.gif )

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hmmmm as i can see in the last posts the Huey panel isn't exactly as the original millitary panel. TO's are different and the gauges as EGT you can find them in civil helicopters as Bell206

Here is a photo of Greek's Army Aviation Huey panel which i believe is the classic panel for UH-1H/B/D versions

(Don't look all this mess this huey is under maintenanceblush.gifblush.gif )

I bet you will not find two Hueys with exactly the same instrumentation, not even in the highly organized and standardized German army. And even if it is dead standard flight crews will find ways to change it.

Joachim

Don't be too disappointed. My opinion is just that. My opinion. I know it is shared with most of the people I fly with but I'll not speak for them.

I like realism as much as the next simmer. I love it when something looks and behaves like the real aircraft/chopper (for sure you got the looks part right!), but when I can't handle it I will just steer clear of the project. We all know that flying a helicopter is a bit more complex then flying an aircraft. I love the Aerosoft Seahawk because of it's SAS, when I want it to hover somewhere I tell the system to handle that for me. I am more or less able to hover that one manually. As I said I can hover the default Bell in FSX moderatly well, but let me tell you that I am seen as some hot shot pilot amongst the friends I fly online with because I can. On sites like Hovercontrol one of the best comments a new chopper can get is that it is stable. That means more stable then the default helicopters. In fact the keyword to get good downloads there seems to be 'stable'.

I would love a good looking, full featured Huey. But if I can't fly it, it's just a static model. And honestly I can not handle anything more complex then the default choppers. I am sure there are people willing to invest the time to learn. So that's just my opinion.

• Upvote 1