Aerosoft Airport: Oslo-Gardermoen (ENGM) (released)

Jonas S.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

These days that has more to do with the skill level of the developer than the sim.  And we are talking Jo here.
But for sure, this will take some CPU/GPU. 

Will it be possible to reduce the details in order to gain fps?

On 2/23/2023 at 5:04 PM, MTv said:

Gardermoen IS grey and drab in norwegian winter time. For me, with a 5 year old PC, the best performance is what count the most.

Gardermoen is drab in Summer too.  It is a disgrace for Norway because of the lack of good facilities for passengers (such as insufficient seating, lack of options whilst waiting, queues for security, long waits for baggage).   There are some features of Oslo Gardermoen that I hope they do NOT include in the forthcoming release !!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 1:48 AM, Jo Erlend said:
Currently most of the remaining work is to bring the other areas of the airport up to a similar level of detail as the terminal area.
I'll post some more overview pictures of the airport when that's done as I want to avoid showing too much incomplete and work-in-progress parts.

Jo, the photos are great. really.

The silence for all this time, not very nice. Aerosoft is the publisher. I am not of the kind to ask a publisher questions or ask them to share with us any news when I see you, the amazing creator and artist, can be in direct communication with us.

I won’t ask any dates as you may not know them yourself. But I will ask that in the possible, to be “here” more often.

Here, in this forum, you have a percentage of customers that are audible. The majority are inaudible for reasons we all know. I’m an old dog in this forum and for obvious reasons I don’t appear here audibly much at all.

Jo, you are an artist but also you have to understand that customer relations is as important too. We cannot rely too much on anyone else than you, to know that both you and your project are alive. And even more when there are at least two other payware companies doing the same airport (and have released them!) and are releasing their fixes.

Not all people will wait forever. It’s even funny to say that I’m still waiting for Gaya’s Munich.

That’s all I have in mind to say. I’ve worked in customer relations as well. I really hope this project of yours becomes another epic success, Jo.

And I’m sure I speak for the majority of customers, audible and inaudible, that I hope that you give the thumbs up soon to the publisher. You can always release the improvements of not very important areas in subsequent updates. We can wait for those updates like we do for the “FlyTampa’s” of scenery or the “PMDG’s” of aircraft.

Have a great week!

• Upvote 1

I'd say Jo probably shows off more of the in-dev work than most other add-on developers, and he is updating this thread quite regularly. His job isn't customer service either, so I'd say that we get any responses from him at all is just a bonus. Anyway, work continues and I can assure you it's getting closer and closer :) 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Flying_Timm said:

I was about to invest into northern sceneries (ESSA) and wanted to buy also Jo's ENGM - when can we expect the release?

Oups, now you're on thin ice my friend 😉

vor 9 Minuten schrieb WebMaximus:

Oups, now you're on thin ice my friend 😉

I dont understand :) 

I was waiting for Oslo by Jo for months now and want to buy ESSA and ENGM together (in best case via ORBX) :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flying_Timm said:

I dont understand :) 

I was waiting for Oslo by Jo for months now and want to buy ESSA and ENGM together (in best case via ORBX) :) 

They don't like people to ask for release dates in here or even a rough estimate. Been there done that 😂

• Thanks 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb WebMaximus:

They don't like people to ask for release dates in here or even a rough estimate. Been there done that 😂

I am not worried about my forum profile account here :D I am just waiting! :D 
If I get banned for asking - there are several alternatives available already ;D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Flying_Timm said:

I am not worried about my forum profile account here :D I am just waiting! :D 
If I get banned for asking - there are several alternatives available already ;D

That's the right attitude and let me assure you you're not alone 🙂

• Thanks 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Flying_Timm:

I am not worried about my forum profile account here

And as quickly as you can see you were downvoted... but you got an upvote too, so you are neutral again.

Maybe the announced EDDF has more priority now and they try to release this firstly. But this is my personal speculation.

• Like 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Der Merowinger:

And as quickly as you can see you were downvoted... but you got an upvote too, so you are neutral again.

Maybe the announced EDDF has more priority now and they try to release this firstly. But this is my personal speculation.

I dont care about up or downvotes. It was just a friendly meant question when we can expect Oslo. :D 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

At the moment no problem, this is something we'll test extensively during the beta though to make sure it's well optimized.
In general we can handle detail very efficiently in MSFS and a lot of the detail seen when looking at an object up close is removed quite quickly as you start moving away from it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 2:56 PM, ru9 said:

Msg aviation is building a washing and de-icing robot for aircraft at Gardermoen. Will it be added.

This is an amazing teaser! Keep ut the good work, this will truly be amazing.