GOY update and Elevator Trim

Crabby

I am so excited, my first potential issue report!

First flight since the update.  Axis and Ohs or in sim controller profile.

Plane loads with elevator trim set to 7.5. 

I set trim for take off per EFB 6.9

Trim moves to 6.9.  Upon release of trim button it moves back to 7.5

Same behavior on trim up

Remove CRJ/Reinstall CRJ same result.  

Is anyone else seeing this trim behavior?

8 minutes ago, Puuhbear said:

All my assistance options where reset after the Update. Maybe one of those interfere.

I went through and turned those off, but good idea.  I will double check them.  

Just now, Justin J said:

i use AAO and do not have this issue...youve got something else going on

You may be on to something.  There were a couple of items that I missed.  I will test upon landing.  If it works a big thank you ahead of time!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I had the same here. Resetting the trim resulted in a drift back to 7.5. I think I found the cause, though. It's not uncommon with a sim update for settings to get changed or new ones added. In this case, I saw there were extra setting notices and "aids" scattered around the cockpit. One showed trim at 0, even though the CAS showed 7.5. I went to turn off all the extra clutter in the settings menus and found the culprit for autotrim in the Options/Assistance Options menu. I know I had everything at hard/off before the update, and when I saw it at easy, I looked to see what changed. AI AUTO_TRIM caught my eye. Setting to OFF fixed the trim resetting itself to 7.5:

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
23 minutes ago, Justin J said:

I had the same thing as Crabby with A&O active. See my post just above for what fixed it for me. Seems to be one of those things where folks with identical settings get different results.

28 minutes ago, Justin J said:

I can report that it was indeed the Assistance settings.  Forrest and trees man.  Thanks for the tip.

I would like to thank @Puuhbear and @Herman

Puu thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Herman thanks for confirming.

I believe this is the first update where I have had these things turned back on.  I forgot a few in my haste.  

Archived