0 named waypoint inserted after DIRECT TO

Has anyone else had this? Every time I select DIR to a waypoint in my flight plan, a random 0 named waypoint is inserted in a random position in front of me and then the LNAV just loses the plot. It will not go towards the DIR waypoint nor will it go to the other one, although that new 0 named one is selected and the line is drawn for it...

• Upvote 1

Hi, I have the same issue as you. It happens to me almost every time I select DIR to a waypoint. I only started noticing this error after the update. I have no idea why this is happening. I hope we will find a way to fix this because it is really unbearable.

To follow up on this, trying to set up a flight just now, manually entering waypoints without airways between them in the FPLN page (Direct instead of Airway) it does the same on the FMS. It puts a ghost point named 0 about 2500 nm away and it cannot be moved or deleted from either the legs page or the flight plan page (it is invisible in the FPLN page, only can see it in LEGS).

It shows the same behaviour, and can only shift it down by entering the rest of the route above it, and eventually it will crash all the avionics...

I've experienced this many times as well when trying to go direct to a waypoint. This issue and the incorrect VNAV guidance/altitudes on the DIRECT screen are the ones I'm most hoping to see fixed in the next update.

I see this very often as well. It does not necessarily become a (0) waypoint, it just creates a point with either no altitude assigned so it becomes (0) or it might take on an altitude waypoint from a SID like (1300).

Video: 

Flightplan here was EETN PETOT1T DCT OLPED DCT LUPET L77 XILAN5T ESSA. The PETOT1T SID is basically at 1300' turn right to PETOT. So the FMS has an altitude only waypoint called (1300). And it seems this direct bug assumed that name.

Just had this bug aswell several times on Vatsim. Found out it happens when your next waypoints its far away. Just flying right now and ATC asked for the direct away from 150Nm. Usually this does not happend when i use DIR to a closer waypoints.

Moreover, when using those kinds of DIRs, aircraft is usually zigzaging quite a lot. Only fix is to use heading mode and fly to the next point while checking for wind correction. Not game breaking but annoying :)

Edit: You can delete the 0 waypoint via the LEGS page.

Cheers