More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

I just think its better to keep two things sepparated...you have Dogfight sims and just Flight Simulator.....would be nasty if we all where online with FSX and suddenly you get shot down when you're flying your chesna or something like that......... :huh:

• Aerosoft
I may have missed it, but how is she on frames?

Both VC and exterior.

Depends almost totally on what you have showing on the MFD's. If you have the terrain display on and the radar scanning max you will need a lot of computer power. Even though we spend nearly half the development time on optimizing, there is a high penalty to pay for this amount of detail. We think this is one of the fastest models ever done if you see how fast it is per polygon, but if you got a lot of polygons it starts to add up.

All in all this will be the most demanding aircraft we have done. We'll show this in the hardware requirements so people are not surprised.

Depends almost totally on what you have showing on the MFD's. If you have the terrain display on and the radar scanning max you will need a lot of computer power. Even though we spend nearly half the development time on optimizing, there is a high penalty to pay for this amount of detail. We think this is one of the fastest models ever done if you see how fast it is per polygon, but if you got a lot of polygons it starts to add up.

All in all this will be the most demanding aircraft we have done. We'll show this in the hardware requirements so people are not surprised.

Once you've done it a few times, it's not a real problem at all.

• Aerosoft

End of the week update. Tomorrow we'll build a new beta with all that's completed, but I decided it was nice to show you some new stuff.

- the pilot now lost his baby face and is an incredible cool dude.

- the last external load we had to do, the FPR pod (Flight Profile Recorder) has been completed and will be on several models.

- the external fuselage tanks are modeled, not perfect yet and the textures are not fully adapted but I thought it was nice to show work in progress.

post-43-1223057537_thumb.jpg

post-43-1223057543_thumb.jpg

post-43-1223057549_thumb.jpg

post-43-1223057558_thumb.jpg

post-43-1223057564_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft
Once you've done it a few times, it's not a real problem at all.

The lack of a 2d panel really helps here. I have actually never noticed ANY delay.

But of course this is heavy on hardware no matter how you look at it. Actually we are proud of that, it means we push the possibilities of FSX.

End of the week update. Tomorrow we'll build a new beta with all that's completed, but I decided it was nice to show you some new stuff.

- the pilot now lost his baby face and is an incredible cool dude.

LOL :lol: Excellent, he now looks like a fighter pilot!

Just a quick question Mr. Mathijs Kok, I have your AeroSelect FSX program which came with the FlyingX Club is it too late to be ask you to make it possible for us to change the pilot's face and use mine for instance? I would also like to add my name and Rank to the canopy ... If this is possible?

- the last external load we had to do, the FPR pod (Flight Profile Recorder) has been completed and will be on several models.

- the external fuselage tanks are modeled, not perfect yet and the textures are not fully adapted but I thought it was nice to show work in progress.

Excellent! B) Are we still talking October? I told Nicole October because you stated so here ...

• Aerosoft
LOL :lol: Excellent, he now looks like a fighter pilot!

Just a quick question Mr. Mathijs Kok, I have your AeroSelect FSX program which came with the FlyingX Club is it too late to be ask you to make it possible for us to change the pilot's face and use mine for instance? I would also like to add my name and Rank to the canopy ... If this is possible?

Excellent! B) Are we still talking October? I told Nicole October because you stated so here ...

For an extraordinary amount of money we'll can do anything, so you face (bit younger, tighter) is possible. I was hoping to offer bitmaps for each customer with their own names but that is proving to impossible as the bitmap is not flat but curved on the surface.

And yes October is still my plan. Things are going very well at this moment. As with all these kinds of products we don't aim for a perfect score with version 1.00 but will listen what customers think is needed, so at least 2 service packs are planned. So I am not worried about leaving some 'issues' open. By now most customers know that version 1.00 is what we call the base version and version 1.50 is the final "we'll not touch it unless we find huge bugs" version.

For an extraordinary amount of money we'll can do anything, so you face (bit younger, tighter) is possible. I was hoping to offer bitmaps for each customer with their own names but that is proving to impossible as the bitmap is not flat but curved on the surface.

And yes October is still my plan. Things are going very well at this moment. As with all these kinds of products we don't aim for a perfect score with version 1.00 but will listen what customers think is needed, so at least 2 service packs are planned. So I am not worried about leaving some 'issues' open. By now most customers know that version 1.00 is what we call the base version and version 1.50 is the final "we'll not touch it unless we find huge bugs" version.

OH MY GOD!!! I can't *WAIT* any longer!!! When I first heard about the F-16 being released for FSX, I almost crawled out of my own skin, and having this in my livery has been one of the *must have* additions for FSX for me.

Every day I log into the Aerosoft Store - waiting and waiting and waiting... and now its almost unbearable! I know that QA has to be done, and for now I am content to fly around with the F/A-18A Hornet, but still - the work that Aerosoft has done on the F-16 is nothing short of amazing to me!!!

Thank you Aerosoft for putting as much time, energy and detail into the F-16 (now finally I will have something more to do with my F-16 cockpit other than Falcon 4.0).

• Aerosoft
OH MY GOD!!! I can't *WAIT* any longer!!! When I first heard about the F-16 being released for FSX, I almost crawled out of my own skin, and having this in my livery has been one of the *must have* additions for FSX for me.

Every day I log into the Aerosoft Store - waiting and waiting and waiting... and now its almost unbearable! I know that QA has to be done, and for now I am content to fly around with the F/A-18A Hornet, but still - the work that Aerosoft has done on the F-16 is nothing short of amazing to me!!!

Thank you Aerosoft for putting as much time, energy and detail into the F-16 (now finally I will have something more to do with my F-16 cockpit other than Falcon 4.0).

Damn, you are going to be one of those customers that will ask for all things mapped to key commands so you can hook up your hardware right?

• Aerosoft
Damn, you are going to be one of those customers that will ask for all things mapped to key commands so you can hook up your hardware right?

23:15 and about to close the office for the day. One last for the road. We are tweaking colors on the MDF's, terrain display on the right, radar on the left. The terrain feature is magic. Here is shows the F-16 at Skrydstrup airbase where the terrain is very flat but when there are hills every single feet of altitude difference is shown.

The radar is still missing the lock feature that shows data on the locked aircraft but that will be completed before the end of next week.

post-43-1223069847_thumb.jpg

What I really appreciate about Aerosoft is the way they are willing to give updates about their product development. Most others just say "It will be released when it is finished and don't ask us when that is.."

Aerosoft is very rare in their willingness to share their experiences and development as it progresses. It makes it easier to wait for the release.

Bob

OK; How Much $$$ ? Do I send you the Picture or do it myself with AeroSelect FSX? I guess I'll have to figure a way of scratching my name on it somehow. :lol:

I still plan on the lumpsum purchase but am wondering now if I should just make two lumpsums instead of the one... What do you suggest?

....We are tweaking colors on the MDF's, terrain display on the right, radar on the left. The terrain feature is magic. Here is shows the F-16 at Skrydstrup airbase where the terrain is very flat but when there are hills every single feet of altitude difference is shown.

"Nap of the Earth" (NOE) in the F-16 in FSX - Outstanding! B)

PS: Keep up the good work; I'm planning on investing in a lot more of your stuff this year; God Willing! ;)

Quick question.

Will the aircraft be able to go through a start-up procedure?

I'm sure it's been asked and answered already, but 30+ pages is a lot of info.

Thanks in advance.

• Aerosoft
Quick question.

Will the aircraft be able to go through a start-up procedure?

I'm sure it's been asked and answered already, but 30+ pages is a lot of info.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, there are a few things that are not fully possible but that's all minor. Things like the generators picking up at too low a rpm. All the actions needed are indeed needed.

Thought I'd show some paints and models. There are some new gadgets now, I think we have topped 22+ models, too many to count....

These are all Norwegians but I'm not done yet.... :blink::lol:

SUPER HAF F-16 CFT Block52+ Model

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?ac...ost&id=2159

Please post more from that model and HAF block30 / Block 50 models and with parachute open !!! I would like a animated movement of parashute !! it will very Superb!!!

Also can they carry IRIS-T A-A missiles?? or will be A/A A/G Goldpack addon for F-16 FSX??

• Aerosoft
SUPER HAF F-16 CFT Block52+ Model

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?ac...ost&id=2159

Please post more from that model and HAF block30 / Block 50 models and with parachute open !!! I would like a animated movement of parashute !! it will very Superb!!!

Also can they carry IRIS-T A-A missiles?? or will be A/A A/G Goldpack addon for F-16 FSX??

We do not model the parachute opening. We do this for a few reasons, first of all thew chute is only used on rather short runways with rather bad braking conditions. That's rare, though now uncommon in Scandinavia as my good friend Dag keeps pointing out to me, lol. But unlike other aircraft use of the chute is an exception not standard. Second, we have yet to find a way to model the brake action of the chute accurately, unlike other brakes indicated airspeed plays a huge role in how it affect stopping distance, we do not know how to model that. Lastly, though it looks rather cool in screenshots it normally does not look real nice when seen in action in FSX. To model a full deployment and the latter stages of it sinking to the ground as speed declines takes weeks to model and will never look seriously good. We decided to spend these weeks on other aspects that are not glitter and glamour but actual bits that are used in flying

On models and loads I refer you to this post. http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20256

You will see that we got a lot of AA and AG ordenance already included so special packs are not planned. Note we do not intend to simulate the fighting aspect of the aircraft, only the flying aspect. If you like to fight the F-16 there are other sims that might not have the looks what we have but allow you to shoot and drop stuff.

• Aerosoft
PS: Keep up the good work; I'm planning on investing in a lot more of your stuff this year; God Willing! ;)

Same as above for me ,except,,, Wife willing! :rolleyes:

and James, That TH2Go is working perfectly, Just added a Track I R

to my setup yesterday. Had to get everything ready for the first flights

in a F-16,Hope I don't get motion sickness ;)

Randy

Using a head tracker makes a HUGE difference in our F-16. After long debates we decided to keep the layout of the pit as the real thing. That means that some controls are hidden behind other objects and only when you move your head will the really work.