More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

Dag,

OK; But Mr. Kok's pic shows arrows (pointing) to the 2 items and his message indicates them as well; What are "we" missing in understanding what you are asking for? Earlier, before he posted the screenshot; I thought he was refering to your pic's previously posted. Now that he's posted a pic and a message about the two items; I'm a little confused!

Well, Half a free F-16 is better then none I guess ... :lol:

Well James, we'll se tomorrow morning, probably, what he makes out of the mess I've created. I hope I don't get sacked...... :rolleyes:

Here is my entry in the Free F-16 contest if it is still open? Thank You,

-Adam

This is a shot of the front end under the engine intake of the CARAPACE ECM system installed on Belgian F-16s, photographed in May of 1999. [Photo by Jean-Marie Brams]

http://www.f-16.net/modules/Gallery2/galle..._serialNumber=2

This is a shot of a nose sensor of the CARAPACE ECM system installed on Belgian F-16s, photographed in May of 1999. [Photo by Jean-Marie Brams]

And finally the back end of the CARAPACE ECM system installed on Belgian F-16s, photographed in May of 1999. [Photo by Jean-Marie Brams]

Note that the nodes here are the same as the ones located on the nose.

• Aerosoft
I don't know if you have any of this planned, but could you add some sort of guide to help us attach the different commands that the instruments are capable of? I.e, if you made the UHF button work as the COM1.

My English isn't very good, so if my explination was bad I'm sorry. :lol:

Thanks

Well of course the manual fully explains what functions are placed at what switch, is that what you mean?

Well of course the manual fully explains what functions are placed at what switch, is that what you mean?

Yes exactly ;) Thanks!

Also, did you choose to include the JHMCS helmet for the pilot as well?

Yes exactly ;) Thanks!

Also, did you choose to include the JHMCS helmet for the pilot as well?

Wel I asked the same thing a few weeks ago and they said that there was somthing like that planed but when I look to those screens I do not see a JHMCS :(

I saw those helmets and they look much better than the older HGU-55 helmets

But i think that they selected the older helmet because thats the one thats used the most because the new helmets are a little bit more expensive :P

I don't even know if the contest is still open as I messed it up so much, lol. But your reply was at least correct and there was one image that we could really use, so you get your free copy.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

Thank you for owning up to it ... Does that still apply to the other guy and me as well? Just wanted to be clear. :)

Congradulations Adam!

• Aerosoft
Wel I asked the same thing a few weeks ago and they said that there was somthing like that planed but when I look to those screens I do not see a JHMCS :(

I saw those helmets and they look much better than the older HGU-55 helmets

But i think that they selected the older helmet because thats the one thats used the most because the new helmets are a little bit more expensive :P

I dropped the hud helmet for the initial release because there are many problems and it seems to react totally different on FSX SP2, FSX Acceleration, FSX ESP. Perhaps later....

I don't even know if the contest is still open as I messed it up so much, lol. But your reply was at least correct and there was one image that we could really use, so you get your free copy.

Well thank you very much Mr. Mathijs!!! And Congrats to you as well James C. I very much look forward to the release. Mathijs I'll contact you after the release, however feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions. Good Luck and God Speed.

-Adam

You got a free copy as well, contact me when it is released.

Thank you Mr. Mathijs Kok! This is the first FREE software contest that I've ever CO-won. :D and hope it applies to the other guy as well. :)

Also, Can you have Ms. Nicole add this to the CD/DVD bulk purchase that she's shipping to me this month?

Thank you very much, in advance!

.... And Congrats to you as well James C. .... Good Luck and God Speed.

-Adam

Mr. Adam,

Likewise and God Bless! :D

You mentioned the CARAPACE feature was only found on Belgian F-16s. Actually, Belgium recently sold some of its fleet to Jordan, with the system installed, so now both Belgium and Jordan F-16s are equipped with it :P.

Congrats on the free copy guys :).

Is there already a final release date like 20th of october or something like that?

Looking forward to fly this Falcon :P

I love this plane :P (I have payed a few visits to Volkel AB en every time I come there or just seeing an F-16 I get butterfly's in my stummic :P, I also want to join the RNLAF when I am done with my school, so I got 2.5 years left on school :( )

Is there already a final release date like 20th of october or something like that?

I love this plane :P (I have payed a few visits to Volkel AB en every time I come there or just seeing an F-16 I get butterfly's in my stummic :P, I also want to join the RNLAF when I am done with my school, so I got 2.5 years left on school :( )

be good at school!!!!...i'm still in fuerstenfeldbruck *fursty* (medical center for german fighter pilots) for theory and all that stuff, but in 6 months I will go to the USA to sheppard AFB and there I will have my flights with the T-37 and T38 and AT38. After this I will go to holloman AFB where I will learn how to fly the tornado :). a good school graduation is very important!!!

be good at school!!!!...i'm still in fuerstenfeldbruck *fursty* (medical center for german fighter pilots) for theory and all that stuff, but in 6 months I will go to the USA to sheppard AFB and there I will have my flights with the T-37 and T38 and AT38. After this I will go to holloman AFB where I will learn how to fly the tornado :) . a good school graduation is very important!!!

That's very cool, (A tornado is a very nice plane and I have got one with FSX and that one is just perfect, it is from IRIS)

You are already further to become a pilot :P

And yes a good graduation is very important, and with what I am doing I will be OK

but if I cannot become a pilot I'l just do something else with the airforce :P

I love this plane :P (I have payed a few visits to Volkel AB en every time I come there or just seeing an F-16 I get butterfly's in my stummic :P , I also want to join the RNLAF when I am done with my school, so I got 2.5 years left on school :( )

Well Mathijs said it was an October release date and the 31st is a Friday at the end of the month, you only have to figure there is less than 24 days left in this month. So I would put the release date Oct 31st at the latest.

Viable release dates are normally Tuesday and Thursdays (I have no idea why, but generally I have seen them fall on those days).

So, that being said, it could be:

Oct 7th (today), Oct 9th (Thursday)

Oct 14th (Tuesday), Oct 16th (Thursday)

Oct 21st (Tuesday), Oct 23rd (Thursday)

Oct 28th (Tuesday) or Oct 30th (Thursday).

Given that they are still filling up the Liveries, and finishing up documentation, I highly doubt it will be today (oct 7th or Oct 9th).

Final builds and QA sign-off might be as early as Oct 9th, but I would think that this would be pushed to Oct 14th after the Monday morning status meetings, so even if they were working non-stop, I would say the earliest would be Oct 16th.

So, I am going to go with Oct 16th, sounds like a nice middle of the road number, and since I have absolutely no input into the whole QA process and the stress factor at Aerosoft, or the availbility of beer for devs, this number may change without notice, but however, the Oct 31st release date still stands. :P

My appologies to Mathijs if I have inappropiatelly sounded like I know what the heck I am talking about! :lol:

Well Mathijs said it was an October release date and the 31st is a Friday at the end of the month, you only have to figure there is less than 24 days left in this month. So I would put the release date Oct 31st at the latest.

Viable release dates are normally Tuesday and Thursdays (I have no idea why, but generally I have seen them fall on those days).

So, that being said, it could be:

Oct 7th (today), Oct 9th (Thursday)

Oct 14th (Tuesday), Oct 16th (Thursday)

Oct 21st (Tuesday), Oct 23rd (Thursday)

Oct 28th (Tuesday) or Oct 30th (Thursday).

Given that they are still filling up the Liveries, and finishing up documentation, I highly doubt it will be today (oct 7th or Oct 9th).

Final builds and QA sign-off might be as early as Oct 9th, but I would think that this would be pushed to Oct 14th after the Monday morning status meetings, so even if they were working non-stop, I would say the earliest would be Oct 16th.

So, I am going to go with Oct 16th, sounds like a nice middle of the road number, and since I have absolutely no input into the whole QA process and the stress factor at Aerosoft, or the availbility of beer for devs, this number may change without notice, but however, the Oct 31st release date still stands. :P

My appologies to Mathijs if I have inappropiatelly sounded like I know what the heck I am talking about! :lol:

Posts like this is why I like this community so much :lol:

you got one for FSX??does it work well? i got only the one from alphasim and it is not the best ;).

i was not sure which plane i should choose at the beginning, eurofighter or tornado ;)

I loved the F4!!!!

yes we will see how i can survive the flight lessons

if you are hearing something crazy about the german air force maybe i got my license :)

@ beta pilots or painters: any chances so get a pic of the 52nd from spangdahlem??

Posts like this is why I like this community so much :lol:

I used to work for a software firm, so that was a bit of my dev humor. Hope Mathijs doesn't take offense, it was purely tongue-in-cheek humor. :P

I have been asking myself this many times, and I have tried to find the answer; does FSX support widescreen monitors? I have a 22" Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW 1680x1050.

I saw the comparison between the pictures taken by Mr. Mathijs Kok and the video in the video forum.

Here's the picture taken by Mr. Kok

Radar_Terrain.jpg

And here is a screen capture from one of the videos.

screen111223323455334.jpg

You can clearly see that the HUD in the upper picture is taller and thinner.

Any suggestions on how I can avoid this?