More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

• Aerosoft
Aerosoft Developers,

I noticed this posting on SimMarket website for TSS' (TURBINE SOUND STUDIOS) - F-16-PW-F100 FSX SOUNDPACK: Here.

Is this the default sound used in your F-16 or an Add-on/purchase for us to obtain seperately? :unsure:

It's a simular set but the one TSS did for us is a bit better I think (and included of course)

• Aerosoft
a release estimation would be awsome!! is it possible to get one?

I know, I know... Right now there are 3 people working full time on the project and things are going very fast. But after all we went through with this project I am not going to pin myself to a date. Not the next two weeks for sure.

Only yesterday we found the additional fuel load of the conformal tanks (those tanks on the fuselage) wrecked a lift characteristic so that's now being sorted out. Just one of the things that goes on daily. The main reason is that we just go too much models. Just compiling a new beta takes almost a full day.

Hi

A gargantuan texture update is also required so the not so full time people like me and Vin are also extremely busy, especially Vin. This project is the largest I've ever been on and I bet I am partly responsible for making it huge. When the real deal is/was made to some 110 different configurations/mod levels, we gotta at least have something. We have :rolleyes: ! But.... NOT YET FINISHED.

I wrapped up the cfg entries for all the paints the other day, that took me that other day!

It's a simular set but the one TSS did for us is a bit better I think (and included of course)

Outstanding! B):D:);)

My Birthday gift collection this month is going to be full of Sim Products; thanks to all you (Developers/Distributers) guys.

Hey Rob, I'm sure your appreciation is welcomed, but you may want to delete those images from your post above. They are over half a year old and are not representative of the current model as it stands in development. Any new reader of this thread who starts from the latter pages, may be confused. Just a thought ;)

What do you find are the best FSX and nVidia graphics settings to get the real visual quality this plane will have?

This F-16 is so real looking its almost scary. Especially when I see screen shots without any pilot!

Hey Rob, I'm sure your appreciation is welcomed, but you may want to delete those images from your post above. They are over half a year old and are not representative of the current model as it stands in development. Any new reader of this thread who starts from the latter pages, may be confused. Just a thought ;)

lol not only that but you generally don't quote the longest post of a thread, and usually don't quote pictures. Would be nice if a moderator or the original poster could edit that post...

Anyways, I've started work on tail art and logos that I need for the wisconsin ANG planes. I hope there's a nice and accessible paint kit that will be available. There are literally thousands of painting opportunities here.

Any chance of a paintkit before the release? :lol: My photoshop is going to be busy for months so it would be nice to get a head start :blink:

Standby for a preview ;)

Here's a cool F-16 I saw at EAA Airventure this year.

tailoriginal.jpg

Here's my rendition of the tail art.

wisangtail.jpg

I hope to get all the Wisconsin ANG F-16's painted. I'm not exactly sure how many there are but I know there's at least 7.

What do you find are the best FSX and nVidia graphics settings to get the real visual quality this plane will have?

This F-16 is so real looking its almost scary. Especially when I see screen shots without any pilot!

Hmm,

Guess what, I had two 8800 GTX running here on my PC and I had great frames in DX10, for DX9, not so great. But I had serious driver problems, I was stuck with NVIDIA 169.xx something, my Gainward cards did not like anything newer. I tried driver cleaners and the lot but could not get the newer drivers to work properly on my cards, under Vista 32 Ultimate. I got fed up, especially when you take the dreaded AA/AF that NVIDIA never seem to get right, into consideration. I took the easy way out and got me a Powercolor AMD-ATI HD 4870. Wow, I lost some frames and the scenery graphics does not load a lot faster under DX10 but all else looked much better (AA/AF and overall image quality), it made me want to fly. HUD symbology looked great, it never did before. I always liked ATI but there was so much talk about NVIDIA and FSX that I got me some NVIDIA cards, now.... I'm back to ATI. That DDR5 RAM on it is good I believe.

Now, that said, there are many hardware people here that may have a saying in that I did something stoopid and such but I have no time to fiddle with hardware problems and driver problems, I need to paint!! This was the solution for me. So... I'm having fun with my 2x24" Acers (one P241W and one P243W), not great pro monitors but they do the job.

Ooops, I guess I never answered your question but to be honest, I could never get my NVIDIAs to make the F-16 look real good. Nick, you may continue..... :rolleyes:

Anyways, I've started work on tail art and logos that I need for the wisconsin ANG planes. I hope there's a nice and accessible paint kit that will be available. There are literally thousands of painting opportunities here.

Any chance of a paintkit before the release? :lol: My photoshop is going to be busy for months so it would be nice to get a head start :blink:

Standby for a preview ;)

Nice work on the graphic art on the anniversary tail already, gonna be a nice one. There will be (of course) a comprehensive paintkit coming with the FSX F-16. If you know your way around in photoshop I think it'll be easy to use. I might add a short users guide on how to do paints in FSX, kind of different compared to previous FS versions.

But if you want to do all the Wisconsin ANG F-16's, you'll be busy for some time, they've got 20 ;)

I have been following this forum for a few weeks and it looks like this bird is gonna be a real good one. :P On The liveries list I saw the Turkish Texture (192. Filo) and I was wondering if anyone could post any screenshots of the texture. :lol::lol:

For more information on the texture the aerosoft personel could watch this video. -> http://turkgladio.vidiac.com/video/fea0e0a...af301302fda.htm

Edit: Ohhh and this squadron also takes place in "Tiger Meet" every year as you'll see in the video.

Regards,

Berk :o:o

But if you want to do all the Wisconsin ANG F-16's, you'll be busy for some time, they've got 20 ;)

It seems all but 1 look exactly the same so it wouldn't take that long. Just change some of the text on the tail as well as the numbers. I think I'll probably do 2. One regular grey one (probably # 300) and the anniversary one. A particular number never bothers me.

I can't wait to get my paws on this plane, especially the paint kit. I hope they are both nice. Although I am skeptical about the performance I'll get on my computer. I guess it will be a time to use FSX's feature of saving multiple settings profiles. Might have to turn stuff down a bit for this one, at least until I get my new machine :).

Any news on the startup video? :)

Yes:

No, for the simple reason it does not work as we think it should. Now keep in mind there are many startup procedures, not only from different air forces but also from different 'situations'. A bird on hot alert starts up different from an F-16 that has not been started this week. I remember that from the A-10. One of the startup checklists we had (and it was 100% real) contained only 4 items;

- Check area,

- Advance throtle to start,

- Release parking brakes,

- Check brakes.

Clearly not a A-10 coming out of storage, but a good example that 'starting up' is not always the same.

I think we are all waiting for the next update, which I'm hoping will include Dag and Vin's latest work. Scroll back through the pages and you should find enough to satisfy you till then :)

• Aerosoft
I think we are all waiting for the next update, which I'm hoping will include Dag and Vin's latest work. Scroll back through the pages and you should find enough to satisfy you till then :)

A new build will be available this weekend with much improvement in graphics (Hud controls, ICP etc) so new images should be available soon.