More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

Last one of the day, texturing of the ICP and glareshield has been completed today. Tomorrow will be spend on tweaking the environmental maps of the external and the indexer lights. Getting closer...

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

It's looking good ... Thanks for the update; Will it still be out this month or will your staff need more time?

Also, what are the FPS values (BETA Tested) based on a very high graphic settings over Howe, LondonX, etc. packages with GEX/FEX-SHD enhancements. I ask this because I would like an estimate for the tweaking of my system. Thank you.

BTW: Got Nichole's email today and will be responding shortly.

Last one of the day, texturing of the ICP and glareshield has been completed today. Tomorrow will be spend on tweaking the environmental maps of the external and the indexer lights. Getting closer...

Thank You So Much , for keeping the droolers ;) like myself out here

In the Loop

Mathijs .there are many of us that appreciate the bones you throw

Randy

• Aerosoft
Mr. Mathijs Kok,

It's looking good ... Thanks for the update; Will it still be out this month or will your staff need more time?

Also, what are the FPS values (BETA Tested) based on a very high graphic settings over Howe, LondonX, etc. packages with GEX/FEX-SHD enhancements. I ask this because I would like an estimate for the tweaking of my system. Thank you.

BTW: Got Nichole's email today and will be responding shortly.

Not easy to say as there are many factors. But if you have Acceleration you can test with the FA-18 in there. I get about 20 to 25% less fps in the F-16 compared to that aircraft.

• Aerosoft
it doesn't fit to this thread but could you imagine that aerosoft will release a package like gap but only with military fields...maybe like spangdahlem and so on? the most known airbases?

best regards

Nothing like that is planned by us at this moment.

That shot is amazing, the ICP/HUD/glareshield looksd real, more than real in fact :blink:

• Aerosoft
I expected to see a clarification concerning F16viperdrivers unbelievable accusation, instead his post was deleted?!?

Initially I thought I misunderstood it due to the fact that english isn't my mothertongue but as it got deleted I'm afraid that I didn't misread it :(

A headsup on this would be highly appreciated!

Tim was indeed the main modeler/texturer for this project (so just one of the many people working on this project) and up to a point he did a truly remarkable job. There were reasons however (and this is not the place to discuss them) that forced us to hand the project to one of our other developers. In any company it is of course not uncommon for the management to decide what the employees should be doing right? Tim is upset about that (and probably also about other things) and decided to use this public forum to express that. Won't happen again. Conflicts between management and employees should not be dealt with publically. It's not an issue open for discussion on the forums, so let's leave it that okay?

As you have seen the project is looking really good at this moment and great progress is made. Just now the automatic flaps system was completed and is now tested. Rather complex as FSX does not really allow LEFs and TEFs to be handled independant. The F-16 project is going very well at this moment.

• Aerosoft
Mathias,

Will we be able to use this with the Acceleration carrier ? Will hooks etc be made to work ?

If not, will it work properly in the mission in Acceleration for the Hornet ?

Thankyou

The hook does work, but the F-16 is of course not able to land on a carrier, the undercarriage would snap off on the first landing. Landing the FA-18 on a carrier is done with almost flat AoA while the F-16 is landed with a very high AoA, totally different animals. The hook on the F-16 is only used in emergencies and only on land runways (and I think when engines are tested).

post-43-1222362254_thumb.jpg

hello guys

I have got a little question,

Are you going to be able to release this bird this month or is it going to be next month

(maybe you are getting sick of these question but I just want to fly this bird, A month ago I played FSX every damn day but sinds you are throwing with these beautiful pics of this bird I just dont like FSX anymore like it is now ;) )

keep up the good work

Rick van Eijk

Beste Mathijs,

I read the following on the F-16 Pre-order page:

-Several missions included (intercept, strafing, bombing)

-Exiting effects (flares, chaff, explosions)

What can we expect i.e bombing missions? It also says explosion effects, so could we expect a bomb explosion effect? That would be very nice! I know, no weapons in FS, but still, only a simple effect is also nice. :)

Also my compliments, I've had many oppertunities to take a seat in a real F-16 (Dutch F-16AM) and I must say, the VC is outstanding. Can't wait to fly this bird. ;)

Greetings from Friesland,

Maverick322

• Aerosoft
Beste Mathijs,

I read the following on the F-16 Pre-order page:

-Several missions included (intercept, strafing, bombing)

-Exiting effects (flares, chaff, explosions)

What can we expect i.e bombing missions? It also says explosion effects, so could we expect a bomb explosion effect? That would be very nice! I know, no weapons in FS, but still, only a simple effect is also nice. :)

Also my compliments, I've had many oppertunities to take a seat in a real F-16 (Dutch F-16AM) and I must say, the VC is outstanding. Can't wait to fly this bird. ;)

Greetings from Friesland,

Maverick322

Ho, something wrong there, will have it changed on Monday morning.

This is ONLY about FLYING the aircraft and not about FIGHTING. You can't drop anything, can't shoot anything. It was a decision made long ago and I still stand by it. There might be a weapons pack later on but certainly not in this first release.

• Aerosoft
hello guys

I have got a little question,

Are you going to be able to release this bird this month or is it going to be next month

(maybe you are getting sick of these question but I just want to fly this bird, A month ago I played FSX every damn day but sinds you are throwing with these beautiful pics of this bird I just dont like FSX anymore like it is now ;) )

keep up the good work

Rick van Eijk

October, all things start to merge together at this moment as you can see in the attached images.

post-43-1222502347_thumb.jpg

post-43-1222502366_thumb.jpg

Ho, something wrong there, will have it changed on Monday morning.

This is ONLY about FLYING the aircraft and not about FIGHTING. You can't drop anything, can't shoot anything. It was a decision made long ago and I still stand by it. There might be a weapons pack later on but certainly not in this first release.

Hry Mathias,

Couple of questions - do the gauge covers have glass-like reflections ?

Does the interior VC cockpit glass have a little reflection too ?

October, all things start to merge together at this moment as you can see in the attached images.

Aww, I want that so badly and those pics are not really helping ;)

Especially the night lighted is so awesome B)

• Aerosoft
Hry Mathias,

Couple of questions - do the gauge covers have glass-like reflections ?

Does the interior VC cockpit glass have a little reflection too ?

Yes, they have. But keep in mind that this layering is VERY framerate demanding for a very small visual effect certainly as it need to be specular reflections, so how it end up in the final version I can't say at this moment.

Wow, those vapour effects look so real. I can not wait till it comes out. Mathijs, is there a certain release date by now or just october for now? Oh and can you please post a picture of the Turkish model?

Thanks

Berk

• Aerosoft
Wow, those vapour effects look so real. I can not wait till it comes out. Mathijs, is there a certain release date by now or just october for now? Oh and can you please post a picture of the Turkish model?

Thanks

Berk

I'm sticking to October now. But the internal is now completed and we are now building the 20+ external models, so progress is good.

The Turkish model needs a few external tweaks but it is one of the most kitted out models.

post-43-1222776145_thumb.jpg

hey @ all

Guy´s u all did a good job. everything looks perfect. If ther are things which are unfinished - it´s ok, too.

but why can´t u say a real date of release...

If u say december, i think it would be ok. but please don´t hurt us every month again.

all would be happy if they were proud owners of this Add on.. but please stop this month jumping...

THX

greetings 2 all of u