Jump to content

Bindable buttons inop


Recommended Posts

Hey all. 

 

Is there a sneek around to have bindable buttons. Ie. For strobes, landing lights etc. When we press buttons the like doesn't do anything. 

 

Also... The reverse thrust won't activate on button control on the joystick, have to revert to F2. Is there a work around for this? 

 

Thanks in advance. Great aircraft sim though. Be great if you fly from home instead haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Items in the simulator that do not work as we want then to be are replaced by our own code and in these case the default keybindings simply will not work. It is always a huge debate if we accept reduced functionality to maintain compatibility with the sim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Items in the simulator that do not work as we want then to be are replaced by our own code and in these case the default keybindings simply will not work. It is always a huge debate if we accept reduced functionality to maintain compatibility with the sim. 

Cheers fella. I thought that and to be honest it stops me being lazy and clicking it from the inside. 

 

The way I found for bindable reverser on joystick button is "decrease throttle" bind 

 

Great aircraft though, great graphics, well done :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this something that is going to be fixed or updated?

 

Since many of us that have the HC Alpha and Bravo that It says in the homepage that the CRJ will support can at the moment not use it fully since we can’t assign  any switches or use the AP functions to a full extent.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CRJ Pilot said:

Cheers fella. I thought that and to be honest it stops me being lazy and clicking it from the inside. 

 

The way I found for bindable reverser on joystick button is "decrease throttle" bind 

 

Great aircraft though, great graphics, well done :)


Its not about laziness, but more about immersion and functionality. Personally, having to click with the mouse breaks my immersion. Since the custom controls aren't bindable either, it breaks SimConnect connectivity and therefore you cannot completely control the aircraft via peripherals. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, some of these things seem fairly simple to implement, by having another layer between the MSFS controls and the aerosoft custom controls. I'm guessing its possible to read the MSFS key states from external code. Up until now I was able to fly all aircraft without using the mouse or keyboard. Sorry to criticize, just missing the no-mouse-or-keyboard setup.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Martus said:


Its not about laziness, but more about immersion and functionality. Personally, having to click with the mouse breaks my immersion. Since the custom controls aren't bindable either, it breaks SimConnect connectivity and therefore you cannot completely control the aircraft via peripherals. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, some of these things seem fairly simple to implement, by having another layer between the MSFS controls and the aerosoft custom controls. I'm guessing its possible to read the MSFS key states from external code. Up until now I was able to fly all aircraft without using the mouse or keyboard. Sorry to criticize, just missing the no-mouse-or-keyboard setup.

I have to agree, I had bindable keys for all my lights and systems lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
5 hours ago, Andreas Holmberg said:

Is this something that is going to be fixed or updated?

 

We will see, but we'll never go back to the incorrect MSFS code when we have code that is simply more realistic.

 

I assume a lot of these comments come from people without a lot of experience in flight simulation. It has always been that when you make your own code for, say a gear extension, the default key bindings will no longer work. To make that work you need either drivers from the hardware manufacturers or some module that 'translates' the code. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

We will see, but we'll never go back to the incorrect MSFS code when we have code that is simply more realistic.

 

I assume a lot of these comments come from people without a lot of experience in flight simulation. It has always been that when you make your own code for, say a gear extension, the default key bindings will no longer work. To make that work you need either drivers from the hardware manufacturers or some module that 'translates' the code. 

Mathijs,

First , I LOVE my CRJ and I thankfully do not have any of the many issues discussed in the forum.  THANKS Aerosoft ! 

 

For me,.  I think the confusion about the key binding(s) result from having flown the Working Team's CJ4 for hundreds of hours over the last 5 or 6 months.  My experience with the CJ4 and my joystick/throttle mappings have worked wonderfully with bindings involving the CJ4's light switches and AP settings such as heading, V/S, altitude, etc. Many of these bindings are working in the CRJ exactly the same as the CJ4, and some of them (AS YOU HAVE NOTED) cannot be duplicated.  I feel this is just a part of the learning curve and I'm sure we will all  (Aerosoft, Asobo, and simmers) will grow with new future features.  Thanks !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also a little disappointed that I cannot use my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo devices to their full potential, for example for lights and autopilot.

What strikes me most is that I can set Heading, Speed and VS with the Honeycomb Bravo, but not Altitude. And due to the cockpit layout setting the altitude also requires panning the view - a quite cumbersome procedure to set the altitude.

I would very much appreciate if you would find a way to allow to make use of the control devices.

I wonder if FSUIPC and/or LINDA can do anything about it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

 

We will see, but we'll never go back to the incorrect MSFS code when we have code that is simply more realistic.

 

I assume a lot of these comments come from people without a lot of experience in flight simulation. It has always been that when you make your own code for, say a gear extension, the default key bindings will no longer work. To make that work you need either drivers from the hardware manufacturers or some module that 'translates' the code. 

What about MS/Asobo? Think there could ever be a chance of them exposing an API so third-party developers could register custom actions in the "Controls" section of the sim's settings? The user could then bind keyboard/directx inputs to those controls. I vaguely recall some other sim doing it that way... (FSX maybe? I don't remember)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...