Switches/Knobs/Buttons no tooltips?

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Correct, we feel the huge tooltips are ugly. 

Sometimes tooltips is very helpfull. For example throttle level percentage, knob position. Tooltips possible to turn on/off by ingame options. It's very helpfull for some situation.

I will be glad to see it optional in future versions.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, Mugz said:

Sometimes tooltips is very helpfull. For example throttle level percentage, knob position. Tooltips possible to turn on/off by ingame options. It's very helpfull for some situation.

I will be glad to see it optional in future versions.

I fully agree.

Cheers, Ed

The tooltips can also be very helpful in VR. For example, it is impossible to turn the altitude knob on the MCP while also looking at the PFD to see the current setting. I think an option to turn on the tooltips would be nice for the user. I agree they are ugly and slightly immersion breaking, but making large altitude, heading, or speed changes takes too long having to look back and forth.

26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We will consider this. Not planned soon.

Thanks Mathijs! The tooltips are a nice to have, but otherwise the CRJ is wonderful to fly. I'm so happy to have an aircraft in MSFS that flies properly

• 2 weeks later...

I want to give some more feedback on this topic and also get a bit into why tooltips are very important. I am still on the fence about the buying the CRJ and this one of the main reasons I did not yet. 

As mentioned there is a mod out there that got released months ago that not only decreases the tooltip size but also lets you toggle them on and off. 

Even if you don't want to include the mod into the CRJ by default it is open source on Github so simply implementing a similar functionality should be very easy to do.

Now onto the reason why there are actually vital in VR:

I often cannot see switch positions in low light conditions in VR. A tooltip then shows me what state the switch is actually in. And even with a 3080 and an Index VR is still pretty blurry so text is mostly readable but often only when getting a bit closer. The tooltips, even with the decreased size, are very readable and a huge improvement. 

So reading that those might come some time in the future sounds like many months is pretty discouraging. You could also just provide and optional file not delivered with the base package that enables them or some config file where you have to change a no to yes so anyone wanting them can edit it.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, Gerwil said:

I second this. There's a mod btw for small tooltips, they don't have to be huge.

I agree

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

AGREE , i agree 100% it's not a cheap software..  I have it for the Prepar3D v5.3 and now went and bought again for for MSFS and installed. Not see the tool tip was really frustrating..

Aerosoft need to make it good.. one P3D has it and MSFS doesn't.. Weird..

Archived