Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

8 hours ago, valexyo3000 said:

i think that the plane is not close as much as we were expecting, if the vnav is still an issue i think we will have to wait more months, it's going to be fun to see who releases it's thing before, if pmdg with the efb or aerosoft with the 330 ceo, and anyway mathijs, i would have made other engine options for the 330 ceo before moving on the neo

I was thinking that we are a month or two away but it looks like the MD-11 might be the first high quality third party long hauler we get, not the A330

20 minutes ago, Plebyxail said:

I was thinking that we are a month or two away but it looks like the MD-11 might be the first high quality third party long hauler we get, not the A330

Eh I think that one will also be ambitious to hit their goal of releasing the beta in September.  At this point who knows who will be first, it’s all conjecture.  

BUT to keep it on topic, In my opinion 2 years of development for the A330 and for the past couple months all we have gotten as meaty updates are: the fly pad, one video of the engine sounds that made the forum explode, and force fed about 100 screenshots of liveries.  Fly pad looks great and will be a fantastic addition and pushing the envelope in that respect.  I won’t comment on the engine sounds, people can read about 20 pages from like 130-150 if I remember right lol.  And the pictures are cool, but let’s start seeing something.  Release a bit of the embargo to show the plane moving in the sky, doing an arrival, doing a takeoff, doing ANYTHING.  I think after 2 years it’s about time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

On 6/5/2023 at 5:43 PM, marcus_sweden said:

People seem to forget that the NEO is the future and 340 is the past. Why invest in a Plane on it's way out?

Why even argue about this while we are still waiting for the first one?

Take a look at MSFS fleet available. A very good percentage of the planes done are out... A310, F28, F100, DC6, Antonov, etc... If they decided to produce a A310, a F28 and a F100, A340 is more than a good option.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Please, the Topic is the Aerosoft A330! 

This is not a Wishlist for any other Aircraft in MSFS2020 or the Place to talk about why Aircraft X is in the Sim and Aircraft Y is not. 

It is by the Developer, why they plan to work on Aircraft X, Y or Z!

100 User want 100 different Aircrafts. They will never be happy at the same Time!

If i look in this Forum, i only want to read News about the 330. But since the last Days it is no Fun zu read here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

Any testers willing to tease some wingviews and closeup nose shots like this? Or is it still a big no no?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

14 hours ago, chinjh said:

Any testers willing to tease some wingviews and closeup nose shots like this? Or is it still a big no no?

what i was about to ask :)

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

On 6/5/2023 at 7:48 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

New demo of the EFB map feature. Should also work on Xbox and MSFS Cloud.

Have you guys still not fixed the PFD showing a negative pitch when the aircraft is on the ground? I know that the A330 isnt completely horizontal on the ground, but in real life the pfd shows 0° pitch. 

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

• Upvote 1

Is it possible or planned to change cockpit options? In the previews there are many modern features shown for example the rising runway symbol on the PFD with the enhanced indication of negative pitch degrees on the ground or the new traffic selector next to the PFD. Many A330ceo doesn't have these options installed.

It would also be great to change between analoge RMI installed or not.

19 hours ago, phauso said:

Well, I never wrote that it was an argument for not developing an A340. What I wrote is, that I can surely understand AS's decision to not invest the their money into a plane, that is nothing but disappearing from the sky and investing it in a plane, that is going to be up there for some years to come (and for which they have the needed information to do so).

And yes, I would have loved to be able to fly an A340 within the next 2-10 years (sarcasm intended) too, but I prefer AS to give us a product that they think they can earn a fair amount of money and please their stakeholders - therefore being able to hopefully bring us an A340, A350 and all the other planes I would love to see in the simulator so much someday in the future. Yes, there are some freeware projects and I have the utmost respect for these developers, but you never know when these planes are finally making their way into the sim and what level of depth you'll get.

Back to the A330, regarding the popularity of planes, according to wikipedia a total of 377 / 380 A340 (all variants) were ordered / produced, of which not many are still being operated.

Compared to that, there are already 92 A339 and 7 A338 (totally 99 planes) in operation and a total of 289 Neo's were ordered. Not to forget, that the A330 Neo is still in production and further orders are likely to be made in the future. 

However, the Concorde is a whole other story - it is a historic and iconic plane! Maybe the A340 can be considered as iconic one day and therefore get another legitimation for being developed. 

To add to your statement:

Mathjis Kok recently wrote in this thread that they are NOT able to make an A350 up to par with what their A330 will be, due to lack of permission and access to information and so on. 

So if they did decide to make an A350 right now then those people would complain about the finished product being bad.

Maybe we could get a take off video of the A330 by the way?

I don’t understand how, can they have access to all the a330NEO informations? I mean this aircraft is fairly new and so the engines are?

I know it’s almost the same as the CEO but not really. The wings, the engine, and we know that engine thrust is complicated to simulate with all the parameters. 

It just doesn’t makes sense with the statement they did, with the difficulty to get infos with newer planes.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Trystan Dupre said:

I don’t understand how, can they have access to all the a330NEO informations? I mean this aircraft is fairly new and so the engines are?

I know it’s almost the same as the CEO but not really. The wings, the engine, and we know that engine thrust is complicated to simulate with all the parameters. 

It just doesn’t makes sense with the statement they did, with the difficulty to get infos with newer planes.

The A350 is a pretty different plane from an A330 CEO vs NEO, it's not just the wings and engine and a few buttons that are different.

And for e.g. the engines, maybe the engine manufacturer is more open about their new engines than Airbus is about their new planes? It's not Airbus that builds the engines.

Several things go into it.

Please let's keep it to A330 for once. Like many here said it is what it is.

Be grateful that someone is making you a good long hauler in the first place.

3 hours ago, Trystan Dupre said:

checkmate

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Mike Delta Romeo:

Hello to everyone ,i have a question...  has the a330  release been confirmed to xbox too !!?? Thank you 

Yes, they said multiple times that compatibility with xbox is very important for them.

• Upvote 2

On 6/5/2023 at 4:48 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

New demo of the EFB map feature. Should also work on Xbox and MSFS Cloud.

i love the vidoes, but can we see more of the plane then the tablet. I mean like landing gear animations, rudders, "wing flex" ifykyk. and how different screens in cockpit works etc. Thanks !

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

There's a lot of clutter in the thread lately with folks who quote earlier posts (perfectly fine, that's what that button is for) but also include large images from that post. This makes it more time consuming for those who frequently as well as only occasionally visit here as it really adds to scrolling time. Working backwards from today, I'll be editing out repeated images, always with a note that the images were removed and only where the image(s) don't add value to the post. Of  course, the images are available on the original post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Just Flight just released a scrumptious 15 min “sound overview” that turned out to be a whole startup sequence and takeoff of the F28.

First development update for that plane on their site June 21st 2021. . .

BACK ON TOPIC - First update for the A330 January 2021.  We have received a preview of the fly pad, notorious sound video, and 100 stills.  I know VNAV is very complicated, so don’t show us that, take your time.  But man show us any other progress! Clearly the state of the plane allows the testers to enjoy it.  Let us share in some of that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6