Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, DirtSailor said:

Hi Mathis and thank you for the great insight.  I cannot wait to get this bird in my hands.  I am however curious about this comment regarding VNAV.  Is this primarily an ASOBO issue?  I have seen other developers dealing with VNAV as well and was hoping you could elaborate some on this!

No, that 100% on us, we do not use any standard code for that, all our own. But it is indeed one of the more tricky parts because of gravity. 

• Like 10

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Basically the second. Things like the temperature of the fuel, that does affect things (for example it's density) but that is not something a simmer (or even a pilot) is bothered by. 

I can tell you, pilots are bothered about the fuel temp.. I think there was also a BAW crew who should have in hindsight. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/24/2023 at 2:59 AM, dominicj said:

I can tell you, pilots are bothered about the fuel temp.. I think there was also a BAW crew who should have in hindsight. 🙂 

This one and Delta had one too. I can tell you personally this got a lot of FAA attention in Seattle where the Transport Airplane Directorate and Aircraft Evaluation Groups live. While the cause was indirectly related to fuel temperature, in the article, you can see the crew was monitoring the temp.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, dominicj said:

Yes yes yes... our advisory pilots have told me I am an incompetent project manager and decided I will have to buy beers. I stand corrected. Still I never heard a flight simmer complain it was not simulated correctly.

In our P3D A330, it was simulated to a greater degree. If you left your aircraft on a platform it would use weather (are there clouds or is it full sunshine?) seasons, time and ambient temperature to determine how the fuel would warm up or cool down.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Yes yes yes... our advisory pilots have told me I am an incompetent project manager and decided I will have to buy beers. I stand corrected. Still I never heard a flight simmer complain it was not simulated correctly.

In our P3D A330, it was simulated to a greater degree. If you left your aircraft on a platform it would use weather (are there clouds or is it full sunshine?) seasons, time and ambient temperature to determine how the fuel would warm up or cool down.

okey, im going to ask this in a little provocative way :)

as this was simulated in the P3D version, will the MSFS version of the A330 have any more missing features that we are used to from P3D, like it was the case with the TwinOtter? ;) 

• Like 2

• Aerosoft

I would not call them 'features' if not a single user noticed them in 6 years.  But yes, there are more parts that are not ported.  The Twin Otter was a bit different, we aimed that product at a different audience and priced it differently. It remains a major issue to me when people compare products that are not priced similarly. To be honest it sold brilliantly and we are very happy with the way the product is now moved on to a new owner.

The simple fact is that the average P3D v4 (there are not many P3D v5 customers) is very different.  P3D sold to thousands, MSFS sells to millions. P3D sold for Windows, and MSFS sells for Windows, Xbox, and Cloud. That is very, very hard to compare.  Want to know how happy I am Microsoft released our North Sea project on the Marketplace, you have no idea. It makes a world of difference. That's why we do not consider any project that is not able to release on the Marketplace as a factor. Commercially we are just talking about different ballparks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 3:37 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Miles Davis, Kind Of Blue. Possibly the finest record ever made. Refilled my glass.

I had to upvote your post for this line alone :)

But I also appreciate the update on the A330, I am very much looking forward to it.

Peter

18 minutes ago, BaxterChico said:

Good morning. Here I have a few more pictures for you 😃

Please login to display this image.

wow great picture 

• Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb BaxterChico:

Good morning. Here I have a few more pictures for you 😃

Are these windows stairs caused by missing anti aliasing or by missing motivation to model some proper windows for nice wing-views? :D 
However beautiful and I simply cannot wait for a proper longhauler!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

@Mathijs Kok man u don't know how hyped I am for this A330. Credit card is ready and hopefully it won't take that long anymore. Thanks for your work! Is a normal hardcore flight simmer able to get access to the beta? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Cpt_Luukd said:

@Mathijs Kok man u don't know how hyped I am for this A330. Credit card is ready and hopefully it won't take that long anymore. Thanks for your work! Is a normal hardcore flight simmer able to get access to the beta? 

I don't think because it will increase the chances of the a330 being hacked and leaked before release

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, FranzESG said:

does it get a weather radar?

No because the Asobo SDK doesn’t provide the data needed for a appropriate simulation of a weather radar 

34 minutes ago, Cpt_Luukd said:

they are working on it.. hopefully fast XD

They admitted it has low priority for them because the percentage of simmers that care about this is tiny compared to the number of people that use MSFS as a „game to play“ and not as a simulator 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 4/25/2023 at 6:13 AM, TaWeno said:

will the aircraft have full interior?

If you look at it from the outside, you will be able to see the interior. But you won’t be able to “walk” in the cabin coming out of the flight deck.