Jump to content
Mathijs Kok

>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, as far as I know, nothing has been officially announced on that (also not on multi-monitor!). So I would not assume any of this is in the first release. 

As I said before, this is not FS2020, this is Microsoft Flight Simulator. A completely new platform, not an update. 


See Chapter 4 about home cockpits and multi monitor. Announced by Asobo :


https://youtu.be/eLcSNppK14ks://youtu.be/eLc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Airplanepilot501 said:

Are there any plans for a CRJ-900 for FS2020?

And to add: it is called Microsoft Flight Simulator (MFS) and not FS2020 ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 5:35 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The 'sim' part has indeed a fixed location as any MS Store product (that said you can move it afterwards, pretty clever stuff, Windows Store Apps got a undeserved bad reputation, the system is very solid these days, easily as good as Steam for example). The 'content' can be installed somewhere else to your choice. I run it from my home server actually where all my P3D aircraft and scenery is stored. With 10Gb networking and cheap SSD storage that is nearly as fast as storing it on my own SSD.

 

I just ordered the download version through your site  (although I cancelled the boxed version this way Aerosoft at least benefits as an affialiate :) ) 

 

But now my question. Does the above mean that the inital (mandatory) download and install will alway be on the root drive (C:\)  ? If yes, how much will this install be in GB's ? I have 50 Gb free on my root drive which is 250 GB in total but is mainly used for Windows. On my other drive I have > 250 GB so in the end enough space but will the small amount of space on my C-drive be a problem ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The general requirement is 150GB free discspace. 50GB left on your rootdrive is IMHO not enough. Even if MFS eats up only 30GB on the rootdrive, the remaining 20GB might not be enough for your system to handle all kinds of updates, especially Windows Updates.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The general requirement is 150GB free discspace. 50GB left on your rootdrive is IMHO not enough. Even if MFS eats up only 30GB on the rootdrive, the remaining 20GB might not be enough for your system to handle all kinds of updates, especially Windows Updates.

 

OK clear. That will be a new SSD ...... (in addition to the already pre ordered MFS and Thustmaster Airbus joystick+throttle.) This hobby can sure be expensive :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I do not understand this hurrying for a´the new sim. But all this uncertainty is the price you have to pay as an early adaptor. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello mopperle
if you have Windows 10, do the following:
1. Download the Flight Simulator app from the Microsoft Store.
2.Go to Settings (Windows 10)
3. Select the apps
4. Select Apps & Feature
5. Select the Microsoft Flight Simulator app
6. Click Move
7. Select a free SSD drive

That was all and saved you money!

 

greeting
Andy King


(Sorry Google Translate)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Andy King... that seems the solution. I moved the app (which at te moment is 20 MB) to another drive with enough space and Windows created the folders on that drive.

No need for a new SSD :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andy King said:

Hello mopperle
if you have Windows 10, do the following:
1. Download the Flight Simulator app from the Microsoft Store.
2.Go to Settings (Windows 10)
3. Select the apps
4. Select Apps & Feature
5. Select the Microsoft Flight Simulator app
6. Click Move
7. Select a free SSD drive

That was all and saved you money!

 

greeting
Andy King


(Sorry Google Translate)

I would be carefull with this.

1. MFS is not available for download

2. the described procedure applies to apps form the MS app store in general and i doubt that this will work for MFS

2 hours ago, Feist said:

I moved the app (which at te moment is 20 MB)

Which is definitely not MFS ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

After the purchase via Microsoft you can install the MFS app, which is indeed much too small :) . But I already gave it a a nice place on my dekstop :)

image.thumb.png.7d3fd76c8af50c53458cfce67b562ed8.png

I think it is the app with which you can download and install the full version on August 18. If you start the app now, it will tell you to be patience.

To be on the safe side, I try to make the C drive a bit more empty (I now have around 100gb free space). Windows itself is not even 20gb so there is much more to gain I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Stunden , Feist sagte:

 

After the purchase via Microsoft you can install the MFS app, which is indeed much too small :) . But I already gave it a a nice place on my dekstop :)

image.thumb.png.7d3fd76c8af50c53458cfce67b562ed8.png

I think it is the app with which you can download and install the full version on August 18. If you start the app now, it will tell you to be patience.

To be on the safe side, I try to make the C drive a bit more empty (I now have around 100gb free space). Windows itself is not even 20gb so there is much more to gain I think.

 

 

Hallo Feist,

 

I also made a pre-order.

I changed the drive as described above and it works! Stay cool and wait for the download from MSF.


You will see that we did it right!

 

Andy King

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based purely on my experience over the last several months with the Alpha, that "app" that's currently in the MS Store is simply a placeholder and not even current. Staying within the NDA, I think it's safe to say the shortcut on Feist's desktop is one long ago replaced by a much nicer looking one that is clearly MFS and not some generic one as above. Also, while one can't count 100% on what we've seen with the Alpha compared with what's released on August 18, I only had a small footprint on the system drive (using less than what's stated above) with major bits including a large cache on a large SSD apart from my system drive. The folder I had on the SSD I simply set up ahead of time and called it "MFS", then directed the installation to that through all the updates.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Herman said:

Based purely on my experience over the last several months with the Alpha, that "app" that's currently in the MS Store is simply a placeholder and not even current. Staying within the NDA, I think it's safe to say the shortcut on Feist's desktop is one long ago replaced by a much nicer looking one that is clearly MFS and not some generic one as above. Also, while one can't count 100% on what we've seen with the Alpha compared with what's released on August 18, I only had a small footprint on the system drive (using less than what's stated above) with major bits including a large cache on a large SSD apart from my system drive. The folder I had on the SSD I simply set up ahead of time and called it "MFS", then directed the installation to that through all the updates.

Can you give a hint on the size needed for this cache.  Are we talkking 60Gb  120 Gb or 500Gb.  I am thinking of trying to get a fast SSD or M.2 just for this if I can afford a suitable one.I kno this is probably a question like "how long is the string" but a hint would help prevent me making a mistake which I will have to live with for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question- when do you plan to start send the boxed version to your customers ?
I hope I will have mine the 18th August  in my home . 
Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psaras said:

One question- when do you plan to start send the boxed version to your customers ?
I hope I will have mine the 18th August  in my home . 
Thanks :)


In the AS Shop it says “available 18th august” so not 17-8 ...

 

Add 1-2 days delivery time.,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, harrry said:

Can you give a hint on the size needed for this cache.  Are we talkking 60Gb  120 Gb or 500Gb.  I am thinking of trying to get a fast SSD or M.2 just for this if I can afford a suitable one.I kno this is probably a question like "how long is the string" but a hint would help prevent me making a mistake which I will have to live with for a long time.

The cache presently can be adjusted by the user. How big to set it, what it really does, and when exactly it's useful will probably have to wait until release and the public MFS support site launches. I think it's fair to say at this point though that faster will be better and it won't need to be huge. I honestly don't see the need for a whole terabyte just for MFS and maybe not even half that. My best advice though is to just hold off for the three weeks and a few days until release before making any big hardware buys. As you'll see publically, the initial install with say a 32 GB cache like I was using on the Alpha and now Beta with my slow 8Gbps download speed won't exceed around 200 GB on the drive you choose to use. Go with what you have for starters, see what develops based on your download speed and system specs, experiment with the cache, and wait for add-ons. Then decide how big an MFS drive you "need."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello,

quick question here. I'm from France, and at the french aerosoft store if we go and watch the product page of the boxed version, we can see the back is written in french.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Premium-Deluxe_fr.thumb.jpg.ed20bb4ee3d63d0a716a2041c084f235.jpg

So I was wondering if we pre-ordered at aerosoft.com/fr we actually got the French version of the box or not ?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have already ordered the boxed premium deluxe version of MFS. When FSX was launched it was soon found to install it directly like so to C:FSX and not in the games folder in programs etc. With MFS, will I be able to install it directly also to C:MSF?

 

Will it be possible to use FSUIPC and WideClient?

 

Thank You

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin, so question where to install MFS has been asked and answered several times, simply read back a few pages.

Regarding FSUIPC you should ask Peter Dawson the developer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mopperle said:

Martin, so question where to install MFS has been asked and answered several times, simply read back a few pages.

 

Thank you for responding. I asked my question because I saw nothing mentioned when it comes to the actual boxed version installation. Having re-read the thread many talk about the download version and moving it, etc. But with the boxed version, all I want to know if I can install directly to C:/, and not to what probably will be the default C:/Windows/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games?

 

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin, the bits in the download and in the box version are identical. What you can and cannot do with one applies to the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herman, thank you for the clarification.

 

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I want to order the premium deluxe box version, but I do not want to install using the DVDs. Does the box come with a serial key that I can download digitally and install?

I am only buying the box as a collectors item. I have no interest in using the DVDs. 
Please confirm I will be able to download the digital version and use the serial key in the box to activate. 

Thank you, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...