Hello.

Im aware that its tagged as "Experimental" but ive not seen this mentioned, the only thing mentioned are stability issues but this doesnt fit into that category. If i have missed something, sorry.

The question is if you are aware that the outside and vc textures of the whole family (besides A330) are not not working atm? The reflections seem to be corrupted. It can be seen already in the p3d preview window where all the normal reflection is missing.

image.png.b2c6efa8e16595fdd8145fbc6d4467c5.png

image.png.94bb3de3df799a99e87fb31d03fc2a3f.png

And inside the sim it is the very same, they show corrupted/not compatible.

Look at the light borders, they are not right. It should be smooth gradient until it fades out. Also the reflection of the material isnt right, neither are the colors of the texts. Sharpness is also weird.

image.thumb.png.df7b59ba31f3200733c9a2c87d362c22.png

And here its obvious i guess.

image.thumb.png.eda74d59b789e0ba057e3c5d3c145f72.png

image.thumb.png.f6b58b8376bb34281848644fe04c6dc3.png

Every other aircraft i have works in this category, PBR and no PBR planes. That would be PMDG 747/8, Leonardo MD80, QW 787, A2A planes (Comanche for example), Flysimware Learjet and ALSO your A330. No issue on that one. See pics here.

Absolutely no problem with A330.

image.thumb.png.82aa26cdcf7bdefe6eb43789476fe8e0.png

image.thumb.png.ee1c93c4c0f5afa06def82127bd4c297.png

image.thumb.png.d5bc8efbea069a2fb2b1f209cebcad19.png

This happens on all liveries, your house liveries as well.

The only other plane where something nearly like this is happening is the Majestic Dash 8 when simply copied into v5. But that one is knowingly not compatible, so not really a wonder.

Win 2004

P3D v5 HF1

Nvidia RTX 2080 with latest windows 2004 ready drivers

Dyn reflections are on High in that pic. Or medium, not 100% sure but they are active. HDR on

3 hours ago, Amarant Fox said:

Hello.

Im aware that its tagged as "Experimental" but ive not seen this mentioned, the only thing mentioned are stability issues but this doesnt fit into that category. If i have missed something, sorry.

The question is if you are aware that the outside and vc textures of the whole family (besides A330) are not not working atm? The reflections seem to be corrupted. It can be seen already in the p3d preview window where all the normal reflection is missing.

image.png.b2c6efa8e16595fdd8145fbc6d4467c5.png

image.png.94bb3de3df799a99e87fb31d03fc2a3f.png

And inside the sim it is the very same, they show corrupted/not compatible.

Look at the light borders, they are not right. It should be smooth gradient until it fades out. Also the reflection of the material isnt right, neither are the colors of the texts. Sharpness is also weird.

image.thumb.png.df7b59ba31f3200733c9a2c87d362c22.png

And here its obvious i guess.

image.thumb.png.eda74d59b789e0ba057e3c5d3c145f72.png

image.thumb.png.f6b58b8376bb34281848644fe04c6dc3.png

Every other aircraft i have works in this category, PBR and no PBR planes. That would be PMDG 747/8, Leonardo MD80, QW 787, A2A planes (Comanche for example), Flysimware Learjet and ALSO your A330. No issue on that one. See pics here.

Absolutely no problem with A330.

image.thumb.png.82aa26cdcf7bdefe6eb43789476fe8e0.png

image.thumb.png.ee1c93c4c0f5afa06def82127bd4c297.png

image.thumb.png.d5bc8efbea069a2fb2b1f209cebcad19.png

This happens on all liveries, your house liveries as well.

The only other plane where something nearly like this is happening is the Majestic Dash 8 when simply copied into v5. But that one is knowingly not compatible, so not really a wonder.

Win 2004

P3D v5 HF1

Nvidia RTX 2080 with latest windows 2004 ready drivers

Dyn reflections are on High in that pic. Or medium, not 100% sure but they are active. HDR on

Have you tried deleting your Prepar3d.cfg file and P3D shaders?

Jup, at least twice. I will reinstall but since it happens on the 318 and the 320 installers I doubt it will change something. I can imagine one of them got corrupted somehow, but both, not sure.

Hi Amarant Fox!

I checked the "reflection" issue you described. Actually that is nothing really new. But its not the reflections, its a not correctly working shadowing algorithm which plagues Prepar3D material which got normal maps since generations.

Under certain lighting angles the sim doesn´t seems clearly to know if the surface shall cast shadows or not. As this is decided uniquely for each polygon, you get those hard edges shows. This is obvious for ALL aircraft that use normal/bump maps

and cannot be avoided as the error stems out of the sim itself. The only way would be to remove all normals maps, but then it falls back to "FS2004" looks, so also no way. However on PBR material this not happens. I also doubt that LM will invest

a lot of time on legacy shaders anymore as PBR is the standard nowadays. When the A320 exterior models are getting a full PBR update, this issue you described will be gone. But the rework is no trivial thing and will cost quite some time.

Check the A321 under different  lighting conditions. If you get a very flat angle of lighting to a certain polygon, you will get the flawed shadows... There is sadly nothing we can do about that now. The A330 however behaves correctly, as the PBR shaders

seems to use a different calculations process to process shadows on the polygons.

The helicopter is a default aircraft of Prepar3D V5 and also got the shadowing flaw. 

The floodlight issue for the A320 series is also processed. I will let you know of the results there later...

airbus_shadows.jpg

heli.jpg

Hi Amarant Fox!

I checked on the RealLight issue in Prepar3D V5 and the plugin provider changed some interior parameters which we have to address now internally too. The update is worked on next week and soon there should be an update available for that too.

• Like 2

Hi Stefan, I think my problem is the same ... attached screenshots of the same plane, at the same airport and with the same textures, but one on P3Dv4 and one on P3Dv5

Otherwise the aircraft works perfectly after the HF2 installation

I hope to have that update announced soon ... thank you very much

J J Gómez Prieto
IVAO 142928

reflejos.jpg

Can you confirm the over reflective textures are down to an issue with RealLight?

Do you know if there is there a work around available in the short term?

This reflection issue is also apparent on other P3Dv5 products, so do you know if new textures will be required or is it waiting on a P3Dv5 update from LM?

Thanks for looking at this.

Gary

The RealLight issue (steppy floodlights on mainpanel) is solved and already pushed into the update pipeline. You can await it ready for download very soon.

The reflection/shadowing issue results with legacy (non PBR) shaders in Prepar3D V5. As the airbus series features legacy shaders still, there is nothing we can do about that currently.

I believe those files were in the update done last Friday.

Still no solution for the reflection/shadowing issue  ???

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

On 8/8/2020 at 8:07 PM, Juanjo said:

Still no solution for the reflection/shadowing issue  ???

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

No, we have to wait for P3Dv5.1, if there will be a fix of the legacy shaders.