Aerosoft Airbus and Vatsim

Scottie5

I am not sure if anyone has flown the aircraft on Vatsim.  Is anyone having an issue typing and transmitting text in Unicom when flying the A319?  Seems to be the only aircraft where I am having that issue.  Maybe someone much smarter than I am can shed some light on that.

Yes, same here.

Workaround for me at time is first to load a default Aircraft with power on the Radio (my Vatsim Client is vpilot).

No idea why the Airbus this cause.

This occurred during Beta Testing (with me) and it went away when I received the next update (during the Beta).  The only work around I found was to load the Ready for Take Off State, let the aircraft settle out, and then return the Aircraft State to Ready to Start (Turn Around State).

One thing you can try is removing and reinstalling the aircraft, which will reinstall the Aircraft States related files (which are not saved flight files as they are in other aircraft).

I'll pass this along.

7 minutes ago, Scottie5 said:

Uh oh, now I can't tune the frequency.  freq is 120.570 and Airbus radio does 120.575.

If you're already in flight, and having this problem, then it's not going to work for you.

51 minutes ago, Scottie5 said:

Uh oh, now I can't tune the frequency.  freq is 120.570 and Airbus radio does 120.575.

That's normal, VATSIM does not model the frequencies correctly.

The whole flightsim world uses the .25kHz spacing, so correct frequencies would be 120.500, 120.525, 120.550 and 120.575.

This is all P3D supports. VATSIM simply cuts off the last digit and makes it a zero, even though it would be a five.

Nonetheless, all pilot clients are programed to correct for this, so if you tune 120.575 in your aircraft the correct VATSIM frequency of 120.570 will be tuned by your pilot client.

For most people it works fine, it seems Dave is the only one who had this problem during testing.

For those who actually have this, does vPilot show you that you have tuned the correct frequency?

What happens if you use vPIlots text command to enter a frequency (.com1 122.800 for UNICOM for example), does it work then?

I found it did not work to text,  I tried inserting the frequency via V-pilot (.com1 122.800) and the radio panel. I only got it working after I noticed that the " Battery Master" switch was not turned on my Saitek switch panel until

after I was airborne. No issues after that.

Guys,

The problem is that the radio isn't interfacing, worse than that really, it seems like the Radio part of VPilot doesn't know there's an aircraft loaded so teh radio (Text and Voice) in Vpilot isn't being activated.  But this is an Airbus problem, not VPilot.

So in short, neither Text or Voice will work.

Please see above for the work around until this is corrected.

Sometimes a Picture Show more:

Please login to display this image.

This is the message from vPilot. If you getting this then no transmitting or receiving of text is possible.

COM2 at this point also not working.

Workarond see above

Wolfgang

Has anyone been having issues with selecting Mode C with vpilot?

When I load the A319 in turnaround state vpilot is stuck with Mode C off and can not be turned on, however if I load up taxi state then Mode C is stuck on and cannot be turned off. Shutting down or starting the aircraft in either state does not change the issue with vpilot and Mode C....for me at least.

If I change to any other aircraft then vpilot Mode C works normally again.

Thanks

Hi, how do you activate Mode C?

Are you turning on via ATC Panel of the Airbus, or the Button of vPilot?

I use the ATC Panel and is working fine with exeption described above.

Regards, Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I am activating it via the vPilot program, I will try the ATC Panel as suggested and report back.

Thanks

Ben

Edit: Tried ATC Panel and Mode C now turns on/off in vPilot! :funkychick_s:

Thanks Wolfgang

On 7/18/2018 at 10:36 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

The only work around I found was to load the Ready for Take Off State, let the aircraft settle out, and then return the Aircraft State to Ready to Start (Turn Around State).

This one worked for me, thanks!

Magnus

• 4 weeks later...

Same vPilot issues - and only with the Aerosoft Airbus (just installed it yesterday) - so this doesn't seemed to be fixed. :mad: yet.

Thanks for the work-around - at least that works.

Ron

The problem is vPilot thinks the aircraft power is off; just set key commands to enable power within P3D and it will work fine. 

I discovered this when I noticed FSUPIC Offset 281C was set to 0, even when the bus' power was on.  I believe vPILOT uses FSUIPC as its interface; so, once I set it to 1, it worked fine.  i assume this is a problem for some and not other is based on the 'default' flight parameters.  If you're using a 'cold and dark' setup, and the main batter is set to off, vPilot won't transmit...

On 8/15/2018 at 1:04 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm the first person to report this (during the Beta) and I'm working to try and figure out how it magically started working on my system.  No luck yet though.

The problem is vPilot thinks the aircraft power is off; just set key commands to enable power within P3D and it will work fine. 

I discovered this when I noticed FSUPIC Offset 281C was set to 0, even when the bus' power was on.  I believe vPILOT uses FSUIPC as its interface; so, once I set it to 1, it worked fine.  i assume this is a problem for some and not other is based on the 'default' flight parameters.  If you're using a 'cold and dark' setup, and the main batter is set to off, vPilot won't transmit...

12 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I concur.

Which version of FSUIPC are you using?

Archived