Paint Kit

Marc Muller

Hi everybody

i just bought the fantastic DC-8 package....after a first test flight/circuit around an airfield, i must say i am pretty impressed by the quality of the plane...

As i was planning on doing some repaints, i wanted to do by painting the full fuselage first, as i was used from other aircrafts. but the paintkit in the dc-8 is different. does anybody knows a good tutorial on how to repaint this one, also, is there any possibility to close the windows in the visual model, as i wanted to paint a cargo version...

many thanks

Marc

• Developer

The windows use a transparent glass material so they cannot be painted over.  So for now, cargo versions are not really possible.  However, once the 32 bit version is done, I will be making a cargo version that will be a free update.  It will have the windows plugged and a large cargo door cut into the fuselage. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about the paint kit.  The basic idea is to create a new layer for your new livery at the same level in the layer hierarchy as the other liveries. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2018 at 3:32 PM, Marc Muller said:

Hi everybody

i just bought the fantastic DC-8 package....after a first test flight/circuit around an airfield, i must say i am pretty impressed by the quality of the plane...

As i was planning on doing some repaints, i wanted to do by painting the full fuselage first, as i was used from other aircrafts. but the paintkit in the dc-8 is different. does anybody knows a good tutorial on how to repaint this one, also, is there any possibility to close the windows in the visual model, as i wanted to paint a cargo version...

many thanks

Marc

hi Marc, can you please make an Iberia 2000´s colors for this aircraft?

cheers!

Archived