Preview: Venice

Now this is gorgeous ... way better than the FS2004 version! (Not that that one was not gorgeous, but a few years have passed, we now have FSX, ... )

:shock:

I wonder if there'll be an easter-egg :wink:

Looking very good! :)

Now if someone would come up with a nice boat to explore the city from, "Oh wouldn't it be loverly." :wink:

Yeah, perhaps Aerosoft could add a boat to the scenery? Perhaps a Gondola with an outboard engine? :wink:

Yeah, perhaps Aerosoft could add a boat to the scenery? Perhaps a Gondola with an outboard engine? :wink:

Now there's a grand Idea!

Mathjis, is there any chance of that? :?:

• Aerosoft
Did You buy dev. licence of Lago product for Venice/FS2004 and upgraded for FSX (with new details) or it is totally new product of Venice? 8)

Totally new, but by the same developer (Andras Kozma) and product/project manager (me). This version is far more complex than FS2004 would ever be able to handle.

Looks great, but I just came back from visiting Venice and in my opinion the water is too "brown"...I have lots of pictures I could share if interested.

Also, I visited in May so maybe there is a difference in water color from Spring to Summer?

I was wondering a few days ago what the Venice scenery might look like with all the pretty FSX water reflections, and it is indeed looking great. I was hoping to see it updated to FSX, even though I haven't upgraded to FSX myself yet :lol: But this scenery might just be a good enough reason to do that.

@ Ripmaster: I lived in Venice for 19 years (almost all of my life, I only moved away a couple of years ago ;) ), and it is not uncommon to see such murky water over there, though perhaps you are right when you say that it looks too brownish in the screenshots. It mostly ranges between dark green and an undefined brown/green colour. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to change if necessary?

Also, Mathijs, I would be happy to give any advice about details of the city. I remember seeing some churches in the FS2004 that didn't really fit in that well, as well as some generic buildings (mainly facing the Giudecca canal) with a dome that are actually churches with the typical church façade in real life. Would be nice to see that amended :)

Regards

Federico

• Aerosoft
I was wondering a few days ago what the Venice scenery might look like with all the pretty FSX water reflections, and it is indeed looking great. I was hoping to see it updated to FSX, even though I haven't upgraded to FSX myself yet :lol: But this scenery might just be a good enough reason to do that.

@ Ripmaster: I lived in Venice for 19 years (almost all of my life, I only moved away a couple of years ago ;) ), and it is not uncommon to see such murky water over there, though perhaps you are right when you say that it looks too brownish in the screenshots. It mostly ranges between dark green and an undefined brown/green colour. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to change if necessary?

Also, Mathijs, I would be happy to give any advice about details of the city. I remember seeing some churches in the FS2004 that didn't really fit in that well, as well as some generic buildings (mainly facing the Giudecca canal) with a dome that are actually churches with the typical church façade in real life. Would be nice to see that amended :)

Regards

Federico

Fedrico, could you contact us on info@aerosoft-shop.com?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...