Announcement: one more day to Helgoland

• Aerosoft

FSX. How is the performance?

Amazing, most testers have solid 20 fps certainly those with Intel Duo core cpu's, we seen some lower numbers an AMD chips, something in the scenery really favors the Intel.

All the issues that make FSX slow (layered ground, vehicles, most AI stuff etc) are absent and all objects are manually placed. It is like being in FS2004, just a heck of a lot better looking. No joke.

Well? It would be nice if someone would answer this question. Not everyone is flying FSX you know... :D

Thanks,

Rob

I *think* that this is a pure FSX release.....(I could be wrong though)

Well? It would be nice if someone would answer this question. Not everyone is flying FSX you know... :D

Thanks,

Rob

All I found was a german statement:

"Da neueste Techniken verwendet wurden, ist diese Szenerie vorerst NUR mit dem FSX kompatibel. Eine FS2004-Version wird etwa 8 Wochen nach Veröffentlichung der FSX-Version folgen."

Says that approx 8 weeks after release of Helgoland for FSX the FS 9 Version will follow.

• Aerosoft
IF it really is coming for FS9 .. I will buy without hesitation the second it comes out :)

There will be an FS2004 version eventually, but to be 100% honest, without all the FSX goodies it will not nearly be as exiting (and it will have about the same framerate on FSX and FS2004 on the same hardware)

Amazing, most testers have solid 20 fps certainly those with Intel Duo core cpu's, we seen some lower numbers an AMD chips, something in the scenery really favors the Intel.

All the issues that make FSX slow (layered ground, vehicles, most AI stuff etc) are absent and all objects are manually placed. It is like being in FS2004, just a heck of a lot better looking. No joke.

That's what I'm getting and better. I have an Intel Core 2 duo and I've got it capped at 26 FPS and I'm getting anywhere from 19 to 26.

I turned on my FPS counter just to see what I was getting, but turned it off again after a very short time. The entire area is 100% smooth and stutter-free.

By the way, the little campfire is awesome to watch! :wink: I crashed trying to get a closer look at it. :P

Puppy